1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Got Yelled At During Texans Game

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket G, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

As a father who has had to deal with a similar situation, I really can't take either side. I'm not about to tell another paying customer how they should act at a game, but I'm also not going to ignore it. Instead, I'll use the opportunity to teach my kids that being drunk and/or obnoxious in public is embarrassing and wrong.

Then I'd probably laugh at you for good measure.

2. droxford

droxford Member

I have a kid (4 year old daughter), and in my opinion...

I should know that taking my kid to an NFL game is gonna expose her to scantily-clad cheerleaders, a field full of violent sport (frequently resulting in injury), loud rock-and-roll music, and profane, screaming, rowdy fans.

If I don't want her around that, I shouldn't take her. But, ya know, she's gonna hear those words some time. I can't shelter her from that.

What's better is for me to never use the words around her in day-to-day life and when she hears a man at the game screaming it, I should teach her that those are bad words and she shouldn't use them (like daddy and mommy don't). And I would tell her that that man only says them because he is excited about the game.

Football ain't clean.

-- droxford

3. ILoveClutchCity

I have children, but this is the NFL not a golf tournament. When my boys grow up I want them to know how to watch fooball game, and watching football includes screaming and cussing.Thats just how it is and how it should be.

4. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I AGREE 100% and I have a son also. If you want to watch clean fun go play or watch GOLF or TENNIS

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Obviously, the NFL and the Texans disagree with you who feel it's OK to curse around children at their events.

Whatever happened to people respecting each other?

6. drapg

drapg Member

Rocket G wasn't in the wrong...

kids ruin everything... leave your snot producers locked in the basement at home... Let us adults have our fun.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You mean those same snot producing people who are going to be paying your broke A$$ social security when you are old and withered?

;)

DD

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

See, this is precisely the reason why Hawaii took out the "Rainbow" in "Rainbow Warriors".

And I still agree with your views too. :D

9. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Say hello if you see me at the Rockets or Texans games. I will give you something to educate your children about. ;)

At the Rockets games, I will be yelling as well as my 9 year old nephew.

At the Nuggets pre-season game he yelled "mar1juana" every time Melo got the ball.

Im assuming this is probably the same kinda fan that goes to the game to sit on their hands.

Why do you think they were sitting in the nose bleeds?
    They didnt want their child to hear the words the players actually use on the fields/court. :rolleyes:

10. drapg

drapg Member

Dude... freakin' awesome!