1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We got some decisions to make...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Zac D, Jun 6, 2002.

?

What should the baseball sim be restarted as?

1. Start from the middle of season 11

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Start over in 2002 with current, real roster sets

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Start over in 2002 with current players, draft

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Start over with all fake players

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Seeing as the league file seems to be corrupt beyond repair (deity rest its soul), we've got to decide what sort of new league we're going to do if the baseball sim is to continue. Here are the options as I see them or as they have been proposed to me by some GMs...

1.) See if I can re-extract the league file haven^ sent to me in the middle of Season 11, and fast-sim through two seasons to get where we are now. I don't like this option, but I'm not sure why. Player developments would obviously be different, as well as free agency signings (well, you wouldn't have any unless I set your team to computer, and then you risk signing the Greg Wilsons of the world).

2.) Start over with current, 2002 roster sets (or as close as I can get to that), with each GM keeping the team he currently has.

3.) Start over with 2002 players, but have a draft to get players on rosters. This means Derek Jeter could, hypothetically, end up on the Red Sox. I think the draft would be 40 rounds long - some GMs would want to auto after a certain point, others would want to draft every single player.. either way, this would take awhile, but it's an option.

4.) Start over in Alternate Universe 2002, with all computer-generated players, and fill rosters via either a manual draft or auto-picking.

Sim-leaguers, please vote for your favorite option.. if you see an option that I haven't mentioned, please post it in this thread as well.

2. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Definitely 2002 rosters. I would love to smuggle the Yankees, but I think this is the best option.

My list:
    Start over in 2002 with current, real roster sets
    Start over in 2002 with current players, draft
    Start over with all fake players
    Start from the middle of season 11

#2 NYKRule, Jun 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  3. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Occured to NYKRule and myself in chat that if we used fake players, we could then give them cool names... for example, his team would be named after the Portuguese national soccer team. Naming would, in essence, be entirely flexible... not that names matter to everyone, but some people like to have control over that sort of thing.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I like either the fantasy draft style or the fake players.

Just to change things up after we did the original MLB rosters thing.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Zac. If you decide to go with 2002 rosters you may want to wait a couple of weeks before getting going. There is a new roster set on the horizon that should be the most accurate as well as have almost every minor leaguer as of opening day. With that said I am for starting over. I would even so much as go along with a Cat live 2001/2002 restart. Where as people would have the option to trade teams and the people that want out or that are no longer playing can be dropped.

CK

6. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

This seems like a good time. I resign from the league. I have managed to bungle the show for the Yankees for enough years to get Billy Martin fired five times.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I voted for option 4, starting over with all fake players. My 2nd choice would be a full draft with the current players, but of course that would take an extrememly long time.

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Thank you, Hayes. Retract my vote for active rosters, I go for the fake players as well.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I want to remain as Oakland. That is all I really know for sure, right now.

I also know that I can't wait a couple of more weeks to get started again....dammit....I want my sims and I want them now!;)

My list would be the same as NYKRule except that I would want a draft first then the 2002 team with real roster sets. Starting over from season 11 would be a last resort although tempting.

However, the end result is this:

I don't care what is done as long as

a) I'm still Oakland
    b) The sim starts up by the end of this weekend

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

Fake players would be terrible.

That said... of the three viable options I like the draft option. It would help the league parity. I could live with the real rosters, or the Season 11 options however.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Definitely option 3. I'd love to go back to all real players again, and it should greatly enhance the parity in the league. I will stay with Chicago. I could live with all the options except for the fake players... that would take a lot of the fun out of it. We all have favorite players and teams, and this is a perfect opportunity to be reacquainted.

12. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I agree with everything Nomar posted...only I like resuming at season 11 option the best by far.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

This is a tough decision.

I don't like the restarting in season 11, I'm wary of the fake players, and I think the novelty of starting over(since people will know most of the big producers, though there is a good chance of unpredictability) would wear out soon.

I'd vote for the massive re-draft.
    Second place is starting over w/real rosters.
    Third is the fake players.
    And I don't like restarting from Season 11.

That is my preference.

14. Heath

Heath Member

I like this option the best as I dont want to see my players go away. Sure they will have different developments but they would still be my players. And if we do this sign me Greg Wilson to 1M contract. :D But seriously, isnt there a way you could give the teams the same players/contracts in FA/resignings as we have the current site to go by to find who got the player and how much the player is paid. Or would that be way to much to do? Another option is maybe to just fast sim all, and then force trades to make the rosters the same? (You can do that right if you wanted?) Also maybe you could change the talents for say a Wedding and Enders and all would be perfect. ;) ... Ok, enough of all this dreaming.

I guess I'm indifferent to this option. If I could get Ryan Anderson again, then this would be good too. :cool:

Hate it.

I think this is the 2nd best option. If I can't have Ryan, Jule and JD then I dont want anybody else having them either.

Consider this my vote. I did not vote in the poll as I thought it was better to comment on all options given.

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Of our options, I'd pick starting all over in 2002 with real rosters. I'm not in favor of restarting in Season 11 at all. The other 2 choices would be alright, although both of them seem a little artificial.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say start over with 2002 roster set, and have a full draft to get players on teams.

17. Heath

Heath Member

My favorite would be Jule Hoff. Now tell me how I can get him to play for me again? Next on the favorite line would be Dave Wedding and Steven Enders. Also I promised Ryan Anderson that he would stay with me forever (well I guess he did as the league died).

Btw - also with starting over. I like to have the players I had when we started the first time (2001 rosters?) and not brand new ones :(

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually if you mean by this that we would know that Roy O. and others are big producers actually we would not. The rosters sets for OOTP4 are very different from the ones Haven used. Roy O was severely pumped up as was berkman. They would by no means perform in the same way if we started over.

On another note. I would not have a problem with a massive draft but I think time wise this would take a good while. Kinda like the sandbox league without the auto draft feature.

CK

19. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

In order of the Los Angeles Wakefields approval:

Option 3
    Option 2
    Option 4
    Option 1

My only question is what about the idea of keeping one player from the current roster?

20. Heath

Heath Member

I would like to keep one of Jule Hoff, Dave Wedding or Steven Enders then :rolleyes:

But actually I like your addition better than doing it without keeping one player.