1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We got our front court - we just need the point. Who's on our radar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 6, 2016.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Westbrook?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I doubt we have the package to pull it off but I wouldn't mind Eric Bledsoe as our starting PG at all.

3. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Harden will be the point. The NBA has evolved to where traditional positions are no longer necessary. Harden may be listed as the SG but he will run Dantoni's system, and will run it well if he can cut down on the TOs.

4. mightybosstone

Barring the Rockets players playing out of their minds and dealing for him at the trade deadline, I'd put the odds of Houston getting Westbrook at basically 0 percent.

Realistically, I think guys like Jarrett Jack and Greivis Vasquez would be solid backup options at PG behind Beverley who could be acquired with the remaining cap room. As far as trade targets go, I think Knight, Bledsoe and Rubio could all be had for the right price. I just don't know if the Rockets have the assets that Phoenix or Minnesota covet.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Coach D'Antoni's son, Austin D'Antoni.

[​IMG]

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea why people just continue to think this is going to happen and is just the ideal way towards sucuess for both harden and the team. An upgrade at PG is needed regardless if you believe in Dantoni's system and whether or not Harden is fully capable of running an offense as well as scoring for it.

7. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

D-Mo sign and trade for Avery Bradley
    Speights for $5 million / year
    Brewer for a 2nd.
    Sign Scola for Vets minimum

Bradley/Beverley/Payton
    Harden/Gordon/KJ
    Ariza/Beasley/Dekker
    Anderson/Scola/Harrell
    Speights/Capella/Nene

2 people like this.
  8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Bro- we drafted the Glove Jr.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'd ride with this squad.

10. MFG16

MFG16 Member

It's called common sense. Harden has already been running the offense and has shown its successful for both him and the team. Would I love a Bledsoe type player on the team? Of course, but I'm not delusional. This team doesn't have the assets to truly upgrade the PG position.

I don't understand why people think we can magically upgrade the PG position while expecting the team to play defense next season. It's literally not what we signed up for. This team will be a fast paced, running team and will be run at its best when harden is creating for the team.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

What point guard was the team interested in years ago and is now injury-ridden?

1 person likes this.
  12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

1. Boston would be fools to do that considering they just got Horford. Bradley is a perfect fit for them at the 2 right now.
    2. Speights and Anderson in the starting frontcourt would be disastrous. Easily the worst defensive front court of all time.

Ty Lawson ;)

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

I thought the same thing. I wouldn't mind starting Anderson and Capela together and then having Speights come off the bench.

But yes. If that was our lineup, there would have to be a rule that Anderson and Speights couldn't be on the court at the same time.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Bledsoe would be one of my top choices for PG to pair next to Harden. He's a good player. Plus he has had his share of injury problems too so he would fit right in with the injury prone team we are building with Anderson, Nene and Gordon. Maybe we should bring back Yao and T-Mac?

In all seriousness though, even though I would love Bledsoe we don't have the assets to make that happen.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Knight or Rubio...or Llull
    next year...maybe :grin:

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not common sense. you're confusing yourself. Harden is the "pg" because there's really no other true alternative but that doesn't mean its the true recipe to sucuess and that an upgrade isn't needed which it is.

17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Going by the signings of Anderson, Gordon, and Nene, Id say its someone who was injured the last few years and someone they wanted to go after 3-4 years ago. #Pursuit

18. craguin

craguin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Pelicans are nearing a deal with guard Langston Galloway, league sources say. The Knicks recently made him an unrestricted free agent</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/750790552736587777">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does this mean for Norris Cole and Tim Frazier?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We gonna get RICKY and I'm gonna love it!!!!

20. RedHotRockets01

Would LOVE Bledsoe. I think he's our best bet. Dudes a beast.