1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We call the shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Aug 13, 1999.

1. RocketGirl34

RocketGirl34 Member

26baller: you have lost a sprocket or two it seems.

first you are talking about not getting value in rice and horry. a rocket POV.

then you say that "we" beat you in 4 in the playoffs. a laker POV.

then you rip shaq. a rocket POV

then you say shaq and pip are even.

no POV

what gives? i can't see what you're getting at.

------------------
    Tishanna the "RocketGirl"

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Shakedaddy

Shakedaddy New Member

You go girl, I was thinking the same thing.

He just cant figure out which bandwagon to jump on.

3. 26Baller

26Baller New Member

Sorry, got those clips from the other posts on this Topic my bad Here is a repost.

>>>>>Do you guys really think that we'd just hand over one of the 50 best players in NBA history to you, so you can beat us in the playoffs? We'd rather trade him to the Clippers. If you give us fair market value, instead of treating us like a car dealer, we might trade him to you, but only if we get better in the process. Rice and Horry won't make us better.

Did we not beat you guys in the playoffs last year? In 4 games? Excuse me if I'm mistaken. I guess I have bad memory.

>>>>>>I don't see why a Pippen for a poor free-throw shooter is a dumb trade for Laker. Would any other team give up a 7-time allstar for that?

If you think his game is just free-throw shooting, get yourself from under that rock. And if you think shaq is just a bad free-throw shooter, why trade for him?

>>>>>>>>No way. Look at what Shaq have done for the Lakers all these years (no rings) and think of what Pippen had done in previous years.
    Pippen has obviously been able to bring a team a title while Shaq can't and never has.

PREVIOUS being the operative word. And Pippen had Jordan and Phil Jackson. I guess Jordan was just Overhyped and Phil Jackson is just a terrible coach.

>>>>>>>>Objectively, as of today, Shaq and Pippen are pretty even. But tomorrow, Shaq's value goes down, and it's even further downhill from there, and Rudy, and every other GM knows it.

If Shaq's value goes down, what does a 39 year old player's value do? Grow exponentially?

I just want to state I would never want Pippen. Tell me how many 3 pointers and jumpers he bricked last year. Wow, did he look ugly last year. And You guys are going to run w/ an old Dream and a fat Chuckster? Pu-lease. Pippen will continue to languish in the "stand around the Perimeter" offense.
    Wow, I still cant belive you didnt trade w/ Toronto for the draft picks. Who's more idiotic, Toronto for offering that trade, or the Rockets for not accepting? Are you guys happy w/ Management for this lack of a move?
    Ok, are you telling me Mr. 1st team all Defense Scottie Pippen shut down Kobe Bryant?
    As I remember it, Kobe scored at will, and Kob shut down Pippen completely the game 3 in which he did not guard Pippen.

Well,just think if you didnt spend all this money for Pippen, you could land Tim Duncan or Frant Hill. Dont tell me you'd rather have Pippen than these 2.

4. anklebreaker11

anklebreaker11 New Member

Hey pippen33 what site is the Lakers BBS at?

5. loofrekal

loofrekal Guest

Pippen33-

You need to hang out on the Laker board a little longer. Pip is not real popular amongst the majority of the Laker posters, his minority of supporters are just very vocal.

And 0% are in favor of a Kobe/Shaq deal.

Pip may have more rings than Shaq and Kobe (who have none I admit,) but MJ23 is not driving the NBA Championship bus anymore, and Pip was just along for the ride all those years. He can't take the wheel.

6. RocketGirl34

RocketGirl34 Member

anklebreaker11: the site is at:
    http://www.latimes.com/lakerstalk

you have to register to log in. it's pretty stupid. they never talk real basketball. today they are celebrating magic johnson's 40th birthday (you'd think they were over him by now) and some board regulars getting married.

it's a total joke. and they think they know something about bball. LoL

------------------
    Tishanna the "RocketGirl"

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

LOL at thinking we could get a prime Shaq for a container of old used condoms.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - old thread with some posters, I miss chatting with....

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Where dey at doe

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lol wow that was posted nearly 20 years ago

12. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Knicks call the shots with Melo?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wasn't even born yet.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Holy cow.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Actually, reading this OP from 18 years ago, my first question to my old self is: "You wanted to trade Hakeem?"

Zboy, BHannes2BHonest, Drogba and 5 others like this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Those sound like some nice pieces we could really build around, McGrady or Francis, both seem capable of carrying us to a championship one day.

17. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Wow...

Junkyard Dog likes this.
  18. Quadrakill Amumu

So, let's make sure I'm understanding the analogy correctly.

Pippen was holding a no-trade clause over our heads and we just spent a whole season convincing him to let us trade him somewhere so we could proceed with our plan to rebuild?

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds vaguely familiar!

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is the mother of all bumps