1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We better keep dmo and tjones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Canaan can scoop up 13-14 points off the bench you don't even need Dragic.

Sign some cheap playmaking PG (or let Shved develop into one)

2. vince

vince Member

it is about maximizing the team. heck Harden for Lebron James would be enticing.

But the market value for DMo should be pretty high. same with TJones. if More trades them, it is because in Morey' s opinion it will strengthen the team.

never underestimate cap flexibility. never know when a sweet heart deal will pop up.

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Jones being able to run a bit and workout on the bike is good news. I hope he can get on the court in January sometime and get 15-20 minutes a night off the bench and prove he still has it. Maybe he can be included in a blockbuster trade at that point or prove to us that DMo is expendable. I do like DM though because his defense has been very well this year whereas Jones isn't as sound defensively.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you lost your mind? Dragic is on a completely different level than Canaan. He would instantly push Beverly to the bench (and Canaan into oblivion) and any notion of the Rockets not having enough perimeter firepower would go out the window. Having two perimeter closers so everything wouldn't be 100% on Harden would be huge for this team.

Dragic would be a more important addition than Josh Smith.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey is trying to build an all left handed team.

Harden
    Howard
    DMo
    Jsmith
    TJones

Anyone else?

DD

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Hopefully Dragic...#SOON

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dragic!!!

Can't everybody see where this team is headed? ;)

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not say I was against Dragic. I was saying an alternative plan could work as well.

Just be open about it.

Perimeter closer? This is the same thing as with Josh Smith.

Smith has a bad season and he is seriously declining.
    Dragic has one season allstarworthy and all of a sudden is a star and a closer.

I just think Canaan is better than people think and surely than I thought he would be.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Morey is the final decision maker in moving players. While I trust Morey for making the team better, I don't trust him for keeping any player--I mean ANY player.

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Papa
    And hopefully Dragic SOOOON

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't say you were against Dragic. Where you are wrong is comparing Dragic with Canaan. There is no comparison. I guess you forgot his breakout in Phoenix, his stint with the Rockets and what he did last year (20/3/6, 50%/40%). If you believe Canaan has anything close to that ability there isn't much I can say.

Dragic is talented and proven. He can close games quite well. He's savvy and well-schooled in NBA basketball. He knows the tricks of the trade. And Canaan?

Dragic would instantly become the 3rd most important player on team. Where does Canaan rank?

I'm not against Canaan. Maybe he develops into a very good rotation player sometime down the road and can score 13-14 ppg off the bench as you propose. Thing is, Rockets are trying to win a championship now. Throwing a Dragic/Beverly combo out there in the playoffs against WB, CP3, Conley, Lillard, Curry, Parker elevates the Rockets to WC favorite.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Best scenario would be similar to the Parson situation. You sign up a Bosh and go over the cap to resign Parsons.

In this case you trade from a position of strength Smith/Dmo/Jones to shore up PG for Dragic. So you trade Dmo for Dragic and then go over the cap to resign Smith and Dragic and Bev and Brewer as well I suppose.

Dragic/Bev
    Harden/Brewer
    Ariza/Pap
    Smith/Jones
    Howard

Well balanced, everyone in their primes, deep bench, great individual defenders. This is a lineup that would be championship quality for years.

It just comes down to Smith committing to be ATL Smith.

All that being said keeping DMo, Terry, and Cannan is just about as good. This is the strongest team we've had in a very very long time.

Can't wait for tonight!

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Again I wasn't comparing them

because Gogi would ask for near max money and well Canaan is much contract friendlier.

This is where you don't get me.

You are wasting your effort. I have eyes and I know how much better Dragic is.

It is all about the money and if Canaan or somebody else on the roster can close the gap

and saving us from shipping out Dmo and Terrence unless it is Bosh, Lebron, Durant

Top level.

Either swing for the top boys or keep elite role players like Dmo and Terrence until the last moment when their values are at elite high

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I remember his first time in Houston and he was 11ppg scorer. What's the use to get someone who won't get many touches to score his 20ppg?

Might as well keep Beverley and his 12.7 ppg, Defense and Shooting.

We as fans fall for the possibility and big name too easily but at the end of the day it is about fit and contract situations.

Goran in Phoenix is an almost allstar player but in Houston he will be relegated to 11-13 points a game.

Yes he is better than Lin but he will take a backseat to Harden, Howard and Josh.

Lowry on the other hand is the better allround player.
    When he is not scoring he can get rebounds, assists, steals, blocks.

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Goran is a scoring PG, his numbers will not be happy in Houston. DMo, or TJones will have to go if we are going to keep JSmoove beyond this year.