1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We better keep dmo and tjones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I will also so go as far as to say that if Josh Smith plays like he is capable of playing and we get another point guard like Goran Dragic our starting lineup and bench will be set for the next 2 to 4 years. A frontline of Smith, Howard and Ariza could easily become the best in the league. And all three are 29. That's right not even 30 years old yet. Let that sink in.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

And neither can Jones. And last I checked those guys couldn't pass the ball something we actually need from a PG.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They're role players.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that there is no reason to keep both of them if Josh Smith decides to stay in Houston. I'd much rather keep Dmo. Both are good players but if we can bot afford to give them all minutes they deserve then one of them has to go. They deserve to be somewhere they can excel. However due to Tjones' injury I deel like Dmo has the most value to get us a player like Dragic or a coveted pg to relieve Beverly of some minutes. At the intensity he plays with we need someone who can allow him to conserve energy for when playoff comes.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

T Jones are Josh Smith are pretty redundant players. If Smith plays pretty well, Jones would be expwndable at the deadline. D-Mo has been having a great season, but not just that I love having a seven footer for our bench. I really hope we can keep him.

The problem with trying to trade Jones is his value has plummeted this season because of his injury.

6. haydenfisher342

One or both have to go for the future of our team imo. Need I remind you about players like Landry, Hayes, Scola, Martin. Players who were average, come to Houston and then moved once their value was high enough. Dmo is climbing, perfect time for Morey to sell. Only reason I dont see Morey doing this is we are contending now.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So was Lowry.

DD

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Too much uncertainty with Smith to give up either guy for now. DMo will stay as long as Jones is still down.

If you give up DMo, you are essentially exchanging DMo for Smith. You are still paper thin at the front line with two marginal NBA players manning the backup roles.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Easy, chill out. I haven't been posting been I have been reading.

We are not giving up DMo. There is no way McHale is allowing that. they are too similar, albeit different levels.

We have the team now. Everyone needs to chill out. There will be no PF trade for years. DMo and Smith can coexist.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Rox organization would make a big mistake if they traded Dmo away to make room for Josh Smith... No way Smith can compete against the bigger 4s come post season.. Develop Dmo further please...

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

wish we can keep both. but one of them gotta go. my guess is jones.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No need to trade unless its for Dragic

13. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Where I disagree with you is if Smith turns out to be the next Z.Randolph (another player who had supposed issues before he went to Memphis), what do you do with DMo and T.Jones??? Everyone can disagree with what their ceilings are but in their heads (and more importantly their agents), IMO they think they are young and up and coming players that need PT to grow as players and in kind their earnings. I know that we have rights on them thru 2016-17 but do you really think both are going to be happy splitting the minutes Howard and Smith will not command??
    Again IMO 1 of them will have to go and I don't think the other 1 is going to be happy long term coming off the bench after doing well starting particularly this year. For those with short term memory loss, Jones apparently took another step up earlier this year before his knee started acting up.
    Do you think he's going to be happy getting Dorsey minutes??

14. tnopham

tnopham Member

I think everyone needs to stop freaking out. As I see it, Smith is a rental at this point. If he ends up doing well, we end up trading D-Mo or Jones. If not we don't resign him and keep both. It's that simple.

Our team is built to try and win now. We're not waiting on potential or letting players develop. We have a small window IMO to try and go as far as possible in the playoffs. I trust that Morey and Les know exactly what they're doing and if it means trading away one or both those guys it's for the better of the team.

I surely would have thought after letting Parsons walk and seeing where we are now, ppl would learn to be patient.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Does anyone know if this nerve thing is an acute affliction or a degenerative / recurring thing? I know nothing of this type of injury

16. elainas

elainas Member

I agree in PO when game stops and we need points, we need to have DMo to save us quater, overtime or so,.. Just look at Duncan, how effective and nessisary are post moves in PO..

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Unfortunately I see DMO gone before the trade deadline, his value is high at the moment. Morey has always coveted a 3rd star and DMO may help him get it now. Smith makes TJ expendable but hard to trade away a player if he's got a serious nerve injury. Hope DMO doesn't get moved.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I try not to be attached "(

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He had a contusion, is expected to make a full recovery.

DD

20. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

2 months.

But we're not going to trade him. I think Marc Stein tweeted that part of the pitch to Smith was a guaranteed starting spot. So DMo is back to the bench.