1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are watching an all-time great in his Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 16, 2018.

?

are we taking harden for granted

1. No

18.2%
  2. Yes

81.8%
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Poor officiating had something to do with that 27 missed shot streak as well. Harden straight up MADE a three and was fouled by Klay Thompson, but it was stupidly ruled a non-shooting foul.

SamFisher, split41, Handles and 4 others like this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, so he made one three -- amongst an avalanche of missed threes. Record or no, that was a poor performance in a potentially career-defining game. Nor was it the only example of such.

I get the Harden love -- he's a very good player (not great IMO), and is the only reason that the Rockets are relevant. But when we start talking about "all time great," it's time to slow down. He'll need to at least get to the finals first.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not trying to stir anything but what's your definition of great?

And he has been to the Finals. If it weren't for him destroying San Antonio that year, OKC wouldn't have made it to the Finals.

jcf, Handles and Patience like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Another pointer to softness of the 80s and 90s ...

harden would DOMINATE these guys

6. riko

riko Member

The man made me a 6 foot 3 former paratrooper speechless. Houston enjoy this guy till we have him playing at this level

7. Roxs-Redemption

8. Garner

Garner Member

Harden just went nuclear.

topfive likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

One day later, and that post already didn't age well.

Or that one. Don't stop now, @BruceAndre. You're on a roll.

luckyman76, jcf, Handles and 2 others like this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think that three going in could've completely changed the momentum.

Anyway, this year he upped his game yet again and at some point, he's going to carry the team to a championship. It's almost inevitable IMO

Htowndg47 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Yeah ok he is only a very good player

12. TheresTheDagger

One of the greatest runs I ever remember watching a player on. Feels like Hakeem circa '94.

topfive likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just like harden . This is a great thread

14. acjeitherocket

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

funny how great offense makes any defense look trash. Go rewatch everyone of todays career highs and look how trash the defenses look, or many of which are just pull up 3s or open 3s adding up in bunches. Look at all the angels MJ scored at. Harden attacks from the top of the key nearly all of the time. IF Harden would dominate them, it'd be from the 3 pt line.
    Posting that video just tells me you'd be the same exact racist of the 80s who would make fun of the predominantly nonathletic white Celtics, and be dumbfounded why predominantly athletic black teams couldn't beat them. This is what's wrong with fans. In order for any player to be great, they have to trash the past to prop up the present player.

Ignorantly making fun of MJ's opponents will never, ever make Harden better than MJ. If it doesn't work for LeBron fans and didn't work for Kobe fans, it's not going to work for Harden. Hell, Harden has a hard enough time getting fans outside of Houston that respect his game. Just let the man be great and write his own history.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Speechless... I cannot say anything negative about Harden again. Just waiting for playoffs again. Hopefully he doesn't get tired by then.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Speechless... I cannot say anything negative about Harden again. Just waiting for playoffs again. Hopefully he doesn't get tired by then.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Can we get a Harden face superimposed on LeBron with a video of hardens game winner "It was at that moment, i knew i was the greatest of all time"

Harden with less help just managed to do what LeBron couldn't do in 4 tries and needed Kyrie and Love to get just 1 in 9 tries.

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

He's even better than last year, it's incredible. Rarely do we get to see him be "clutch" and this was....just huge. Wow, man that 3 vs GSW will be a great turning moment for him I bet. I hope this spins narrative a different way as well. Just...wow.

20. Roxs-Redemption

Harden December POTM Highlights

Caesar likes this.