1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are officially in a Slump

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Feb 28, 2007.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Tell that to the JVG's fan club who think he can do no wrong. JVG needed to have developed his bench but this is what he likes to have it his way.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish you would shut your mouth. We are 35-22 and you are complaining. Why don't you become a Bobcats fan, or maybe a Celtics fan? They have plenty of young talent there, and the best part, they get to play unlike in our team. Please I welcome you to go to the wonderful world known as loserland and watch their talent develop!

3. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Great point. That is the key. Unfortunately, it's just not in JVG's blood.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

complaining about an uncomfortable brace

5. ham

ham Member

Yeah. That's Yao Ming, always whining. He would be so good if only he was more dedicated. :rolleyes:

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

im not asking JVG to start Vspan over rafer and all that but i am asking for JVG to expand his rotation in the regular season to at least 9 players. notice Deke played 15 minutes tonight with 1 rebound now that is clearly a sign of being overplayed. all coaches have at least a 9 man rotation in the regular season and it bugs me JVG is so stubborn.

Luther Heads game has been off lately but JVG continually plays him... send him a freaking message that he has to EARN playing time.

7. Fariyad TheKing

:mad: :mad: i second the comment made by the person who posted this thread.....

WE ARE DEF. IN A SLUMP.....AND A BAD ONE THAT!!!! :mad: :mad:

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ya think?

9. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

I hope this team is not heading for a downturn spiral. Tmac can't carry the team all alone. Yao should play if he can walk. Where are you big fella?

10. ABTRocketfan

ABTRocketfan Member

I hate to say it, but when t-mac was injured for 7 games everyone jumped on him and said he needs to get back in there. Now ya has been injured forever and is way past his return date i think its time to push to get Yao back, homecourt is slipping away.

11. pacman

pacman Member

There is clearly some merit to that. A case in point would be the Raptors, when TJ Ford was getting all the minutes the Raptors offense did not go so well... but when Calderon started getting his minutes things started going well for the raptors. Calderon is a very underrated pointguard .... he was one of the stars in that Spanish world championship team. Notice that playing time is distributed between Ford and Calderon only with a slight difference ... so you could say they have the same playing minutes. A quick glance at the box score shows that Ford got 25 minutes and Calderon 22 minutes. On the other hand, Rafer got 38 minutes and Vspan 4 minutes. Vspan should be more familiar with guarding Calderon because both are European players.

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per MacYao 223:

"I mean it's not just a matter of our wins and losses, we have really slipped in play the last few weeks. I think not acquiring Mike James might have been a mistake now. In a way too, I kinda miss Stromile Swift too cause of all the athleticism he gave us. Tonights loss illustrates a pattern though. Against mediocre teams, we have been very poor. ATL, Orlando, SAC, and now Toronto. This is becoming a pattern, and I think JVG really needs to get the attention of his players"

Dude - do not panic or over react-nothing to worrry about. The team is tired and the playoff seeding is no longer important. We will just relax and see what will happen....

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per ABT Rocketfan:

"I hate to say it, but when t-mac was injured for 7 games everyone jumped on him and said he needs to get back in there. Now ya has been injured forever and is way past his return date i think its time to push to get Yao back, homecourt is slipping away."

Do not worry about home court- every thing will be OK....

14. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Hey guys, nothing shame to lose to this Raptors team, they are the deepest team in the league, they have Dirk Nowitzski-Paul Gausol mix Andrea Bargnani; they have next John Stockton Jose Calderon (mark my words pls, not TJ Ford, he sucks); they have do everything Utility man Jarg Garbajosa; they have all their 11 men on the roster can shoot the ball. What they lack is defense, toughness, rebounding and a better coach, thus they can't win many games in playoff.

What Rockets did wrong last night is JVG apparently didn't research their opponent well, and the players didn't play hard enough. They should have doubled Calderon (this guy is amazing recently) when he touches the ball and let Calderon and Bargnani to drive but not shoot; they should have let TJ to shoot but not let him to penetrate; they should have done better jobs on rebounding, Toronto is the worst rebounding team but my impression was Rockets didn't outrebound them last night.

And JVG should have gave that Greece guard a chance, at least he might do better job to guard Toronto's Calderon, from this game. For two coaches in this game, I still see JVG is a better one.

15. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Panic mode yet again. I turned off the set at the half, knowing they lost already. They did not disappoint.

Teams get in a rut or a groove and yesterday, you just know which team was on what. 57% shooting? unreal....for the supposed best defense in the league.

Deke and Juwan played over their head and they are hitting a wall. It's natural.

I never imagine in my wildest dreams the Rockets would be fighting for home court. I was so sure they would be figthing for the 8th spot.

So, I am still happy for them.

As for JVG not playing the bench. Rockets DON'T have a good bench other than Wells and Head. With Yao back, the rotation goes to 9 again so what's the complaint?

Sure wish VSpan had a little more game in him but he doesn't or he would get playing time. That's how it works in the NBA. No coach will play a guy knowing he will cost him a game (unless it's a blowout or he has to due to injury). There is no 8-10 min for VSpan because he would make the Rockets worst. Same for Novak. That's too bad but they are NOT worthy. Give both of them a year to learn and maybe, just maybe they may be good.

16. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*(o)po(*&^%$#@#$%^&*(o)p

You don't even deserve to post on this forum if you doubted about Yao Ming's dedication and commitment to his team.

Just name me another NBA player that is so hardworking, so committed, so dedicated, working in the gym even when he was injured, putting in 6 hours minimum of training/exercises for his rehab...........

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

he was just kidding, the real poster you should be mad at is this guy.

18. Humer

Humer Member

Yes, we are definitely in a slump - there is no denying it. And when did the slump start? Around the All Star Break. And what else happened then? Come on guys, we all know why this is happening, but no one wants to come out and say it. We screwed up and now we're just starting to realize what a mistake we made. We traded away the very glue that held this team together, only we were all too blind to realize it. From his perch at the end of the pine, who knew he was the one that was spurring on our team to great defensive feats and never letting them get tired even though they were playing way over their heads. Yes, I'm talking about Scott Padgett - the true heart and soul of the Houston Rockets. And we traded him away for a tall greek who's name I'll never be able to spell.

How do we recover from this?

damn...