1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are not a championship team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 9, 2019.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

The long-term team outlook has NOT looked good until recently.

You seem to only want to look at that good part of the pie that's been sitting outside the fridge for a couple of days. Turn it around and there's fungus on it.

If and when our role players do well, Rockets cannot be beat. But that doesn't happen every game, and playoffs intensity will make it even worse.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

20-5 with everyone back since the AS break. Top 5 in both off/def rating in that span. yeah i'd say the outlook looks just fine

Nook likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

You seem to have problems with reading the entire sentence.

I said until recently.

Again, turn the pie around to the OTHER SIDE and there's fungus on it. Ignoring it is stupid.

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Because I can separate instances in my head with context. It’s amazibg how bad humans are at this.

The Rockets are DEFINITELY better than 53-29 would say as a team. There is no doubt in my mind on this. I would bet my life on this.

And this post has nothing to do with thinking OKC has a great supporting cast. Ugh.

5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

When we're tired towards the end of games I wish we would focus on high efficiency 2 pointers with a motion offense a little more, especially if we have the lead like in this game. It would have been nice to use a timeout in a few critical situations at the end. I know we have vets, but devising a way to play keep away with the ball would have been nice to bleed time off the clock and less time to set up OKC heroics.

mario_v likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Since the 1-5 start we have the 2nd best record and net rating. Only slightly trailing the Bucks in both. That’s essentially the entire season. Our dominance really isn’t just a recent thing.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What a shocking person to be starting this thread.... psych!

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

First, just because I criticize my team and players, you question my loyalty? Live in the real world bro, it's okay to criticize what you love.

Second, who is hell is talking about what Harden is done the entire season. I have not skipped 1 game this season, I have seen the wonders of what Harden has done and hopefully will continue to do, and it's because of what I know he can do, I will point out when he doesn't. You can live in your world, but I didn't see Harden or some of the other players show up in the second half. CP3 did, and I pointed that out.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

read it just fine. the important factors were just mentioned. that's what will carry into the playoffs. couldn't careless about "other side"

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'd agree Rockets are better than what the record portrays them to be. Where we diverge is: You seem to be sitting here thinking we're a lock to win the chip, or it's more doable than Harden winning MVP. We had a better chance of Harden winning MVP than this team winning the chip.

I'm not saying OKC has a GREAT supporting cast. Never did. I'm saying there's teams out there that obviously do. Losing to OKC is just evidence of it.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yup, then take your 20-5 record (which, by the way, you said was not enough experience to qualify Danuel House to be worth anything) and bet your whole house on the chip.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

is this the first time you've seen the rockets play at full health? is that 25 games the only time this core has played together?

hilarious how you applied a team's full health which dates back to a season ago to some rookie/g-league player. the logic around here has been so stupid lately. its pathetic

I'm already on the rockets. been on them a long time ago. @Plowman did a great job of reminding everyone how you could get them at great odds back in december. Now its a bit to late if you're trying to jump on the wagon. but 7/1 i guess isn't that bad. 35/1 is definitely a gift

LorneMalvo likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden was 11 for 12 from the line, he scored to put the Rockets up 3 with 15 seconds left. He finished with 39 points. James Harden wasn't really the problem.

Are the Rockets serious contenders? I am not happy with last night, but it didn't dump them from the playoffs. Within a month we will all know where this Rockets team stands. If they beat Utah and then go 7 against GS or beat GS, then we can write off the Thunder loss. If the Rockets lose in the first round or lose to the Warriors in 5, then we can say the Rockets loss to the Thunder wasn't a fluke.

Gray_Jay and Deuce like this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Nope. We're 3rd in Record in that stretch, which is ranging from Nov 1 to Apr 10. With GSW being behind by 0.003% in WIN%.

Net rating, yes we are 2nd, but GSW trails second only by 0.1

15. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets win the title, who cares? It was all worth it.

The Rockets have Chris Paul for 3 more seasons. Most likely he will be a huge part of the Rockets success for at least two of those seasons. Especially if we get him rest. James Harden has a lot of mileage and will be 30 years old this summer.

The Rockets likely have 2 more seasons, maybe 3 with these core pieces before the team enters a rebuild or turns the money from Paul's deal into another big free agent.

At this point, building blocks really are not important. The Rockets will likely need a complete rebuild.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol well that really doesn’t change much to the point I was making.

We have been good for a while now. As good as the top 2 teams in the league.

LorneMalvo likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

I've watched the whole season. Including this OKC game which prompted the thread.

Stupidity is not understanding the relation to BETTING that I'm portraying. You always act like you understand everything, which is the most annoying thing about you.

I'm willing to wager money that House has a job with meaningful PT next season on an NBA team.

You're willing to wager money that Houston will win the chip this season.

I'm pretty sure I have a higher chance of winning that bet than you do with the chip.

I'm a fan of the Rockets, I don't mind eating crow if we win the chip. I just have a lot of reasonable doubt, and I'm staying on the ground. You seem to be so hyped about that 20-5 record since ASG, you think that's the only thing you should care about.

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Funny thing about being a sports fan. You can't control what happens.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's your problem if you're annoyed. that's what happens when posts get called out. it makes you uncomfortable. your logic is just all over the place.

im so hyped because i stated facts? ok. while you on the other hand post a bunch of nonsense sky is falling material. cool