1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are not a championship team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 9, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

You know who else was told they were not a championship team? The 1995 Rockets... the real season begins on Saturday... and Kenny Smith once said the following about the 1995 team --

http://grantland.com/1990s-orlando-magic-oral-history/

vlaurelio and htwnbandit like this.
  2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

What a bunch of whiners

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

4. SemisolidSnake

Read what I wrote. I didn't even address the severity of the loss. Just the absurdity of the blame.

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

devastating loss really, and late season losses like this that shake up the conference standings occur annually.

Someone can correct me if im wrong, But last night specifically was amazing, as it not only made Rox road much tougher, but it reallyhelped ALL 7 other squads that are in the playoffs. I guess you can say UTAH is the only other team aggreived, as they would've preferred POR in the first round. But man, it helped GS set up to face LAC, helped OKC avoid GS, Den avoid us, etc etc.

Just a morning after rant, come this weekend will be well behind us. but yes i agree not a championship team. last night's loss doesn't stand alone either, we have had several games where we suffered an inexplicable loss after a large lead, or even close wins that shouldn't had been close at all. The seeding for 2 spot shouldn't even have come down to last night really.

Once HOU gets knocked out I won't be into the playoffs as much and i'm just disappointed that it looks to be happening a round earlier this year.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think this is a championship team but it'll only go as far as Harden will carry assuming the roster remains healthy. He's been the main formula for our success. He's going to need to continue to play other worldly in the playoffs now too. Simple as that.

I also think Capela is going to show up these playoffs. He outplayed all opposing centers last year and I expect more of the same. I was personally hopeful for a 22-3 finish since the ASB but am content with 20-5. Tough loss but all losses post ASB outside of vs the Bucks have been winnable games. I expect a lot of sloppy play to clean up as the Rockets enter the playoffs. It'll be necessary if they intend on winning it all.

RocketWalta and vlaurelio like this.
  7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I'm just hoping "Playoff Harden" didn't show up early this year by missing that last ft and the three...

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

1 loss because of a breakdown and clutchfans loses their ****. all a sudden we're no better than a lottery team.

same **** thats been going on here the last 10 years lol

9. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Harden is not alone to blame, but Harden gets paid the big bucks to carry the team when it counts, like in the second half of a close game against a good team. CP3 showed up, although he's not his young self anymore, PG showed up with a injured right shoulder. Don't get me started on Gordon. He chokes 100% of the time when it counts. Honestly, I would not be surprised if Gordon averages <25% from 3 in the playoffs. We keep saying or hearing "Gordon is the KEY", "Gordon is the KEY", but ask yourselves, for how many seasons have we been saying that? At what point will we say, "we know Gordon will be there. He's always there when we need him"?. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of this same old sh*t.

Harden and CP3 show up in playoffs and carry the team to win or bust and Rockets are stuck with massive contracts leading to nowhere. Am I being too harsh? Tough luck.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol like 14 points with 9 to go is some huge, insurmountable lead .

Dude if the opponents make 2 buckets in a row then it's at least a 10 point game and maybe only an 8 point game .... that could be with 8 minutes left lol .

We had guys that didn't play well enough down the stretch . Our actual coach wasn't there . And yea we aren't some unstoppable juggernaut

What do you mean by "championship team"?

65 wins , dominate every night , breeze through playoffs ? .... yeah that's not us .

We are gonna have to catch some breaks. That might not even be considering GS . We could lose at anytime . We probably shouldn't , but we will have to play well to win. If too many guys are "off" then we are getting bounced , especially if it's harden or Paul

Gray_Jay likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon was really bad last night, but this is factually incorrect. He's shown up for alot of big moments.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

recency bias. the average fan can only remember what happens as far as their most recent game and that gets applied to their lack of sensible logic. completely disregarding anything thats happened before

HP3 likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

As compared to playoffs coach and roster around harden?

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I wouldn't be this extreme, however, we need some type of post play or short range shots when the 3's are falling.

15. vlaurelio

So harden needs to score at least 50 now to not be blamed solely for a loss?

Nook likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I mean, this was clear to me for a long long time.

We have a great Big-3. And they can hold up the crew for most nights.

But the surrounding team is just not good enough to compete against teams that DID do a proper job surrounding stars with great role players.

17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

OKC’s cast ****ing stinks, are you kidding me?

Can’t wait until game 1. The entire delusional NBA world makes me sick.

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

That's what you got from my post? How many assists did Harden have last night? How many in the second half? It's not all about scoring the most points, it's dominating when it matters. Yes, I fully expect Harden to dominate when it counts. I didn't see that last night, did you?

19. vlaurelio

That was okcs strategy. To stop hardens assists game. You wana lookup how many passes harden made which his teammates squandered?

Harden dominated this season. He single handedly csrried this team of injured teammates from 14th to 3rd seed. You wanna cry blame him he didnt get this team to 2nd seed go ahead.

You act like its the end of rockets season LOL you a real fan?

20. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Lmao. This thread. Harden makes that last shot and we are going to be champions!

vlaurelio likes this.