1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are missing a leader.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 3, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is absolute horseshit and you know it

HP3 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

You are on fire today lol

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

But Harden is a leader... a scoring leader. :cool:

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Preach you fix this everything else resolves itself. To me we need to play the young guys a bit more because they actually take higher quality shots

5. rockets13champs

That’s all stuff a coach can fix

tinman likes this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hardens whole game revolves around him putting up stats. So does D'antonis system which is why Harden tolerates him.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Cp3 was here last year during the rough start and his presence or his leadership didn't amount to much.

There's plenty of vet leadership here.

Harden just needs to grow up.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What a silly comment. Why would I post something I don't believe? I said it clearly last season as well.

9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

He hasn't fixed this in so many years what makes you think this coach can now? MDA does not adjust to the situation. His gameplan is streaky at best. When contested shots fall, Rockets win. When ice-cold, its a sure loss because the defense does not win the game for Rockets the majority of the time. Opponents are averaging 128 ppg. When a team has athletic guards and center, the defense can be taught and emphasized but not with MDA. Duncan Robinson averaging 9 ppg just dropped 23 pts on us. Meyers Leonard avg 6ppg just dropped 21 pts. James Johnson played his first game this season and dropped 17 off the bench. Only outscoring opponents is not going to win a championship. MDA days are numbered if his gameplan does not change.

Bearded13 likes this.
  10. jowman

jowman Member

Team got a lot of issues now. The personnel from owner to GM to coach are losers.

Blow it up trade harden and Westbrook and start over. Even if they improve there’s zero chance this team can compete with the LA teams. Houston has no room to maneuver to get better. It’s pathetoc they went all in on the team sacrificing future and they won’t even be a top 4 team in the west.

Unless harden Westbrook go for 50, clippers will sweep this team without breaking a sweat. Leonard can manage his load resting the 4th too.

11. rockets13champs

IM NOT SAYING MDA CAN FIX THIS. I’m saying my first two things I said. Was things A coach can fix.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think any coach except Pop could fix this team because I think Pop is the only coach someone like Harden would have to respect. He wouldn't let him just stand and yell at the refs everytime he misses a shot attempt and plays zero transition defense. He wouldn't let Harden still be walking up halfcourt while the team is in the middle of running a half court set. Pop wouldn't let the team take 15 bad threes in a row to ice them out of the game.

It's simply about being disciplined. Only Pop can command the respect to change the ingrained habits of veteran superstars who are set in their ways. The culture of playing lazy defense and hucking horrible shots that allow teams to get back in the game from a large deficit on the regular is deeply ingrained in this team's culture.