1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

EDIT: Double post below

#41 Downtown Sniper, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better.

Steps to beating the greatest team ever assembled, in case you're wondering at home, brought to you by the mind of holic:

- play a G-League calibre rookie in the C position

- play a G-League calibre second year player in the C position who has shown absolutely nothing,

- try to get a guy who's not good enough to be playing in the NBA to play the C position

- try to split up our team to get DJ, a guy who has a playoff history of losing to the Warriors, who will be our achilles heel in any close game scenario

- try to get a guy who can't crack the Dallas Mavericks rotation, or a guy who the Lakers won't trade without taking a good piece away from our team

- try to get a guy who hasn't played more than 130 games, in his third season who is averaging 7.4 points and 4.7 rebounds this season

- try to get a couple of players from the Jazz who combined barely average more points, and combined average less rebounds than our current starting C

- try to get two more players who are out of the NBA

All of the above are to replace a 23 year old who fits perfectly with our two best players, and averages 14 points and 11 rebounds with minimal touches.

- enquire about splitting up the team to get Marc Gasol

- enquire about splitting up the team to get DeMarcus

Boy there's a whole lot of.... there's a whole lot of something going on in this thread that's for sure.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Breaking news lol

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Knew this was a “cleverly disguised Capela sux” thread

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Richaun Holmes is a diamond in the Rough.

6. basketballholic

Capela doesn't suck. But he's closer to mediocre than great. And as @Clutch just VERIFIED in his article, the Warriors expose Capela's lack of quickness and slow response time defensively. I'm not dreaming that up. They attack him relentlessly and he doesn't pass the test.......including last night.

It's not a question of hating Capela. He's on my team, the only team I root for to win a championship, so I root for him and hope he does great.

It's simply foolish not to recognize our weaknesses and why we can't beat the Warriors. You can't beat a team when you know they expose your flaws and they don't have any flaws.

The TEAM is more important than Capela. Get off the Capela love and be rational about the team.

Little Bit, lw17 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FIFY

basketballholic likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this should be a sticky

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hardens pushed for him before. Good friends still.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's pretty easy to crap on Capela when our PF position has been weak for decades. He got no help.

Either Morey can't find them or there aint any.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well duh. People are just now coming to the conclusion that the Rockets ain't got enough? The warriors can win championships with or without Durant. The Rockets are a nice team when healthy, but will get blown out by the Warriors.

lw17 likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If hollic was in charge of the rockets we would be so much ass. That's not really a big deal but the guy thinks he is gods gift to basketball. This is the dude that has stated in the past that we trade for Rubio. Cool. Rubio is wtv. I hate his play style for the most part but he does have talent. But he has actually said that if harden would not surrender the ball to Rubio then to trade harden lol.

The guy is delusional. He tweets out to his 7 followers about 39 times a day but you can tell he thinks he is some sort of news media center.

Honestly he is what he is but he is also kinda a dick so hollic can kick rocks.

arabrocket likes this.
  13. basketballholic

I said find out what we got. You must think we should continue with the Capela/Anderson/Nene/Black circus and magically expect those guys to start matching up favorably with the Warriors. That's stupid.

Agree. He's shown nothing. Give him a shot, see what happens, and if he ain't got anything......GET.RID.OF.HIM and get somebody that can help!

Lemme remind you. Just 9 short days ago Gerald Green, who is now a vital part of our rotation, was walking the streets, out of the NBA. The notion that there could not a be a guy out of the league right now that could help us at the center position........is an AIRBALL from you, Downtown Clanker.

Split the team up? I didn't suggest that. Nor would I do that. Replacing Capela and Anderson with DJ and another player that can shoot and play the 4 isn't splitting the team up.

Achilles heal in any close game?
    DJ is shooting 60% from the FT line.
    Capela is shooting 58% from the FT line.
    Tarik is shooting 48% from the FT line.

Whuuuuuuut Achilles, Downtown Clanker? Whuuuuut!?!?!? Another shoot and miss from you.

You obviously can't see talent. If you could you would know that Noel has way more of every basketball skill than Capela has. He's longer. He's more athletic. He's stronger. He's faster. He's quicker. He's got a better handle. And he's got a better jump shot. And he's got way more stamina.
    The only things Capela has more of than Noel is character and attitude. And those are biggies if you're going to sign a guy to a huge long-term contract. But we're not doing that presently. We're looking to win a ring. And Noel's game fits what we do.

Sorry you don't see it. And I'm not advocating trading Capela for Noel. Unless Dallas throws in a first. I just know that a healthy Noel added to our rotation makes us better defensively and offensively at the 5 spot than what we are now. And his trade value is relatively low.

Randle? Hey, I'm wondering if the Lakers would do Randle for Capela straight up. I'd do that if we could also get a guy like Tyson Chandler with a buyout. Or possibly ryno and Troy for Chandler and Jared.

Both of those guys are a significant upgrade defensively from Black, Nene, and Anderson. I don't know if you even watch games since you can't detect this.

Once again...........Gerald Green. Clank. Bring them in for a look. Swish.

No. Not true. Most of those guys brought in to enhance/augment.

Never mentioned splitting up the team for Gaol. I said check on him.

Same thing. Not split up team. He may be cheap if he wants out. Can't overlook the possibility.

But not a whole lot going on in your noggin.

Pretty lame post, Downtown Clanker. No answers. No recognition of what needs to be done. Just foolish remarks that aren't even accurate. You shot like 0 for 8 here.

#53 basketballholic, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Cash Cam likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Nobody has "enough" against the Warriors. They have a ridiculous amount of talent. Their bench could make the playoffs. No one really knows if Kerr is a good coach or not. I could "coach" them and win. Just roll the ball out on the floor and sit down.

15. basketballholic

Capela would be a lot better defensively with defensive help at the 4.....or 5.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sign Dmo in March. He's had success against Draymond and David West in the past.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

YESSSSS!!! just think of the threads . . . . :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

daywalker02 and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:D

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deservingly.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If Ryno had played like he did against the last quarter against the Magic I think we would have won. Guys have to hit open shots. Plain and simple