1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could also say GSW could be better at the C, they are not that good at the Center position.

Maybe the NBA is allowing 'perfect teams', 'perfect rosters' with smaller contracts some day. Not.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Was it that obvious? He tried soooo hard to bury that part in the post.

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Jan 20th is our final matchup.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That’s not the way to look at it honestly. What we all saw tonight was problems that are very big and are recurring issues.

Tucker/Anderson/Ariza are three of the most inconsistent players in the entire league all on the court together... they affect the offense a lot. They swing the way the game goes with poor play.

Tucker is clumsy and doesn’t set up very well
    Ariza goes on crazy cold spells and then the next night gives 20pts
    We don’t have to talk about Anderson, but let’s say that if his salary was different he would prob be on the bench more after the trade deadline.

Now tell me does golden state have similar issues with their offense? The funny thing is, is how they turn guys like swaggy and Javale into solid high iq guys...

#24 Rox11, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Little Bit likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I bet OP would trade Harden in a heartbeat to a Lithuanian sweat shop for a pair of balls.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wow, literally and figuratively, The BBB Baller family is in Lithuania.

7. basketballholic

Don't hate Capela.

He's not enough.

He's not good enough to be enough.

Sorry to rain on all the Capela fans parade. But he looked like he was sloshing around in a swimming pool of syrup trying to keep up with the rim attacks.

8. basketballholic

I'd like to think KOQ could help us. But I don't think he's really fast enough to keep up. We really need foot speed at the 5. Deyonta Davis....don't see that at all. Too inexperienced.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We are just fine.......

i was waiting for the usual meltdown threads to happen

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that is the perimeter players faults but also the Warriors are just damn good at passing to break a defence up

11. basketballholic

No rush to judgment. We're approaching the midpoint of the season. We are who we are. They were missing Durant. We were missing Harden. That's a wash. Except Durant makes their bigs even more versatile since he's 7 foot. Missing LMM, yes. But he's not enough.

Let's see where we stand at the end of the season? It'll be too late. If you're not first, you're last. We can't beat then in a 7-game series without another significant upgrade. Have to get the right bigs.

Little Bit and fattz like this.
  12. basketballholic

Our perimeter defense and offense is good. Especially with LMM and Paul healthy.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is crazy isn't. If we just tightened up the defence in the last minute of every quarter today, we probably would have won. We were out scored a combined 29-10 in the last minute of each quarter today

cbs1507 likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

well what's with the over reactions to today's game then. I didn't even think we had much of a chance without Harden

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

No kidding. People were way too high on our team during our 14 game win streak, forgetting that we had one of the easiest schedules at the time.

Don't get me wrong, we're a great team but no one in the league is on the Warriors level. The finals will be another Warriors/Cavs matchup.

We'll be praying we can sign Lebron next year and hoping Ryan Anderson's contract doesn't kill that dream.

This game isn't a good indication of a 7 game series because both teams are dealing with injuries.

16. basketballholic

It's not just today's game. It's observing this team through 37 games.

We are very, very good when everybody healthy. Green adds another very in there. But.....we're not good enough to beat that team. Oh, we can beat them a couple games. We may play them better than anybody else. But second means nothing.

And it's simply not going to work with Anderson. He's exposed. Everybody and their brother knows he can't shoot at home. So they know how to negate the only advantage he brings to the floor. And defensively, the Capela/Anderson combo is just too slow to keep up. Even when we go small at the 4, Capela still struggles defensively against the Warriors. They killed us in the paint.....again.

Yeah, I know they kill everybody. But we're trying to win a ring here. Gotta call what is observable. "They kill everybody" ain't gonna win a ring. We have to upgrade our bigs....period.

In case you guys haven't been reading the news for weeks......here's what's going on.

Our SOLE FOCUS is beating the Warriors. Overreact? Is the organization overreacting by putting everything into beating the Warriors? No. That's who we've got to beat to win a ring. Gotta get the bigs figured out. We need something we don't have. More defensive deterrence at the rim. More versatile offensive skill sets.

#36 basketballholic, Jan 5, 2018
    fattz and Cash Cam like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Obviously Durant and Curry are not as dominant as Curry without Durant, plus Klay and Dray.

I think they will rest Durant a tad even in a Playoff series because he can take over when Curry is either resting or moving off the ball. Vice Versa.

We probably need Ariza, Chris Paul, Nene, Luc to take a ride in a time machine and bring back their prime versions.

To get our defensive mojo back a tad.

18. basketballholic

That would help tremendously, specifically taking Nene back about ten years. But that's impossible. Gotta get an upgrade.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Good call, but who's out there?

Any ideas?

20. basketballholic

My opinion. We gotta find out if Qi can help us. He finally played the 5 last night at RGV. And looked great. We need to see what he looks like at the 5 up here. No I don't think he's the total answer. I want to find out if he can be part of the answer. All the talk about him being too thin is garbage. It's his skills that will make playable or not.

I also think we need to make a decision on Onuaku. Find out if he helps us defensively. If he can't....gotta consider doing something else.

I already suggested trying to get Anthony Randolph. He's NBA caliber talent with both defensive and offensive skill sets that fit us.

I think we've got to consider DJ. Then try to pick up a guy like Ilyasova on the waiver wire.....or the street.

I think we should see what it takes to acquire Noel or Julius Randle.

Kick the tires on Richaun Holmes.

Kick the tires on Favors or Udoh.

Need to check on Festus Ezeli and Larry Sanders. (Neither likely could help but need to know.)

Check with Memphis.

And then there's DeMarcus.

Not a lot to pick from. Gotta figure something out though.

#40 basketballholic, Jan 5, 2018