1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wave of Islamist terror attacks in France, Tunisia, Kuwait

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 26, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

While I personally disagree with the actions taken, none of this is even remotely comparable to what ISIS does. So even if "the numbers would not be dissimilar", you would be comparing apples and oranges.

2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm not going to compare my Baptist neighbors to ISIS members with a straight face, but if theocratic Muslims in France won majorities in elections, they wouldn't have to behead people.

3. Faust

Faust Member

no abortion clinics, brainwashed and bs science textbooks, denying evolution are not as bad a thing as moslems chopping your head off and uploading to youtube. americans prefer extremist christians any day over extremist moslems because they are not as dangerous to life, only dangerous to intelligence. you would rather be dumb and ignorant under a christian extremist state than dead in an islamic extremist state.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you are saying they only do it if they are not in power?

Saudi Arabia and all ISIS-controlled territories disagree.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

To be fair, I was using France as an example :) And I did say they they wouldn't have to, but public executions usually go away once any civilization starts to develop decent sports leagues, which France has and ISIS and SA do not.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are the one claiming 81% of Muslims back ISIS. That's a reckless claim because you can't verified it. It's only being reported in a non-legit news source and your translation is ambiguous at best and taken literally doesn't mean jack.

Instead you continue your personal attacks on me when your argument falls apart.

Your desperate attempts to twist information - and continuing to use a poll that has parts that also raises questions about your claims is demonstration that your goal is to portray Islam in the worst light possible. It means you have an agenda - and that is clearly a sign that indeed you are an Islamophobe (beyond the 1,000 Muslim bashing threads you create).

What on earth is wrong with you man? You hide behind your computer throwing insults and post 50 times a day - is Clutchfans your entire social life or something? You are one weird person.

#46 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am under the impression that you do not have a leg to stand on but were in a mood to take a somewhat contrarian position against your own better understanding of the situation, and now you are trying to make light of it.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, I did not claim 81 % of all Muslims back ISIS - please do not make stuff up.

I quoted an article which quoted an Al-Jazeera online poll where 81 % of respondents expressed a favorable opinion of ISIS. I then, upon your request, quoted the actual poll and provided a link to it. What more do you want me to "verified"?

I am fully aware that this poll is not scientific, but find the numbers alarming nonetheless.

1 person likes this.
  9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'd rather be beheaded than live in a society that actively persecutes teachers for teaching basic science.

In the peak of the old Abbasid Caliphate, the Arab world led in philosophy and math and science, and it's downfall into intellectual poverty was led by the same kind of moral guardians in their time who decided that these things were all blasphemy...and it never recovered.

I've seen first hand what sort of society that kind of proud ignorance can sustain and I sure as hell (no pun intended) don't want it here. I'm a product of Texas public schools and universities and it was the influence of my teachers more than anything else, that helped make me a productive member of society. I would not want to see an entire generation robbed of the opportunity to participate in the grown up conversation of our civilization.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Where have I seen this thread before? Hmmm...

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Unfortunately, Islamic extremism is an ongoing phenomenon that manifests itself in recurrent murderous attacks, and the root cause - the intolerant ideology - is not going away anytime soon. So, sadly, these threads are due to pop up again when Islamists violently act upon the intolerant ideology of political Islam and more innocent people are murdered.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No you claim 81% of Muslims in the poll support ISIS. A poll you can't even read or have any clue what the question actually is. I think that says it all.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Can you read Arabic?

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I can't see anything there that can be disagreed with in good conscience.

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I would just add that moral high ground is rarely owned by those that are the first to be offended or the easiest to offend.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Isis's hold of parts of the Muslim world is equivalent to Nazi Europe. I mean they are in every way comparable yet it has never been mentioned.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You are confused. Only Israel is allowed to be compared to the Nazis. Problems in the Arab/Muslim world are to be blamed on Israel, poverty, the United States, poverty caused by Israel and/or the United States, or denied outright.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No, and neither can you. So stop using polls in Arabic that you can't read to demonize Muslims.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Isis is like like a middle school team. The Nazi's were a elite varsity team that might have a been able to put a fight against the Americans. You can't compare the two.

20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The Nazis had some of the world's greatest scientists and engineers.