1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching Lebron...dreaming about Royce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

lmao this guy really just put signed,Magic Johnson to prove a point about Royce White?

I'm done man this can't be life.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I prefer the Anthony Mason comparisons - and I will be thrilled if White turns out to be the player Anthony Mason was at his peak.

Comparing Royce White to Lebron is just nuts. Lebron was better at basketball when he was 15 than Royce White will likely ever be.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Seriously?
    [​IMG]

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

how this thread made it 5 pages is beyond me. do we just look at the number of green bars a poster has and give them the benefit of the doubt, like kobe and all nba defensive team? this thread should have been locked up weeks ago.

6. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Edit: locked up by yesterday

7. liveguy

liveguy Member

You say that like its a bad thing!

Webb HOFer level and if White plays to that level, he's a win.

And white has slightly more hops than people give dude credit for.

He isn't afraid of contact, can drive and finish....AND he can create for others

I think his development will be slower than Lamb and Jones, but he will figure it out.

People gonna love him.

Trust.

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

To a degree there's nothing wrong with being a homer, this is a Rockets site so you have to expect some level of homer-ism.

But it is BEYOND ridiculous to compare one of the best overall seasons in NBA HISTORY for a player (Season MVP, NBA Championship, Finals MVP, 1st team All-Defense, 1st Team All-Pro, and a probably an Olympic Gold Medal) to a player that wasn't even drafted in the top-15.

[​IMG]

9. primtim24

10. primtim24

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hopium dreams and stranger things. Why anyone would bother creating this thread is beyond me. Why it is alive 4 days since I noticed it is beyond me. I guess bad judgement and ignorance are their own rewards.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Keep dreaming. lol

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I've only seen White sparsely in the summer league, but from what I've seen and what i've read this guy is a bust...he'll be out of the league in 5 years...thanks Morey...

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Pretty much Anthony Mason is the comparison you gotta go with.

Should be okay with that.

Mason was an All Star and 6th man of the year. Thats a higher ceiling than Chandler Parsons.

George McCloud was a shameless 3 point gunner. Royce wish he had that shooting range.

15. barnsleyfan123

There are some idiots on this website sometimes

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it's all a moot point if the guy doesn't get a chance to show what he can do. I just don't see where the minutes become available for Royce given our current glut of PFs. It's not a very well constructed roster at this point, even for a developing/rebuilding team. We've got young guys with allstar talent that won't get off the bench right now. I think we need to make another move. It's not just about accumulating talent, it's also about developing it.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Mason was a bruiser in the post and could really rebound well IIRC. Royce is neither of those things right now. He's a non-scoring point guard in a PFs body. He seems to be a savvy player and does find a way to get rebounds, though I wouldn't call him a good rebounder based on what we've seen so far.

If he can shore up his interior defense and really learn that part of the game he can contribute. Offensively, it would be fun to watch him run the offense from the high post and let Lin, Martin, and Lamb run around and get open for easy shots. Other than that, offensively I don't think his game is very much more than Chuck Hayes (2010 version). But perhaps he'll improve rapidly. He seems to have the mindset for it.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man the OP has really had some terrible threads lately. jesus.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This is silly. People are comparing an unproven rookie to the best player in the NBA. Come on.

20. _Astew_

_Astew_ Member

Did he really sign a message from Magic Johnson? Good job proving your point buddy. . nailed it