1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching League Pass with VPN (Need help)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Or a person with Comcast. I have a slingbox hooked up to my dads tv (who has comcast) then I just sign in on my laptop, plug hdmi to my tv and BAM. Im good

2. javi720

javi720 New Member

Does the TV have to stay on Comcast for it to work? Like can he watch TV while you watch?

3. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I am really a novice with this technology like slingbox. Can you give specific instructions on how to get this to work? My daughter has Comcast, and a TV that is seldom used. Is Slingbox software or hardware? I know how to stream from my laptop to my TV, but the steps involving using Slingbox, and then the software to get the slingbox streamed to my TV are the areas I don't understand.

Can anyone provide these specifics to me? Slingbox for dummies...

4. Manos

Manos Member

You will both have to watch the same thing. I have Slingbox installed at my home so my father can watch American TV(he lives out of the country) and I will sometimes be watching a game, when all of the sudden the channels start changing. You can watch things on other inputs, like dvd's or streams via PlayStation or Roku, but as far as being able to watch different shows at the same time via the same cable box, not possible. Now I have a buddy who's mother-in-law has Comcast and he rented an extra receiver on her plan, paid her the monthly fee and hooked the Slingbox up to it. I don't even think he has it hooked up to a TV there. Just a receiver hooked to the coax connection, connected it to Slingbox and the Slingbox to her router. perhaps your friend would let you do that?

5. Manos

Manos Member

It's a piece of hardware for your daughter's house and little software to install on your side. You need a network connection to the Slingbox, then connect it to the cable box. Next install the software on your pc. Create a Slingbox account and tie that account to the Slingbox at your daughter's house. Then login from your pc, enter your username/password and you're in. It takes about 10 minutes to set up, very simple. You would then be able to watch it on your pc or connect your laptop to your TV and you're set.