1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch Rockets without Comcast this year by...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forenzi, Jul 19, 2013.

1. forenzi

forenzi Contributing Member

You can watch the Rockets by purchasing league pass and then masking your IP address with hidemyass VPN. It costs a little but you can see the games in HD on your computer or tv by connecting your laptop via hdmi to your tv. I watched all Rockets games in this manner last year.

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

sticky this

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

VPNs can be block. Advertising it on CF isn't the greatest idea if you want to keep that going.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, they'll figure this out soon enough.

I bet they also figure out a way to block games on ESPN/TNT.

The cable companies are all one big happy family...

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

comcast be like...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. forenzi

They know people do this and they cant do anything about it for thew would have to know all the ip addresses of all the vpn masking services out there. There are thousands of sites like hidemyass and each one of them has thousands of ip addresses and servers throughout the world. They dont block vpn they block ip adressess. they have no way of distinguishing if you are connected through a vpn provided address.

#6 forenzi, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. dragician

dragician Member

Five star thread.

8. forenzi

BTW i have been using this for years to be able to watch netflix streaming from other countries as not all countries have the same movies and shows on netflix

9. Gertso

Gertso Member

That new Comcast X1 platform is looking like a good reason to cancel U-verse..just saying.

10. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

And what should we do if we live in an area where you cannot get high speed internet other than 4G through a cellular provider master splinter? Its not good enougj to consistently stream video, plus they charge you by the gigabyte. How do we watch the rockets then?

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

With the addition of Dwight Howard, a lot of games will be on national tv so at least that's a good thing.

12. forenzi

setup vpn on either iphone or android device and purchase league pass on the phone. I use this option as well. It buffers every 15 minutes on my 4g connection but i can live with that. Other than that nothing else you can do:mad:

13. smr6

smr6 Member

How much is league pass for this usually?

14. forenzi

I think it was like $25 for the mobile app which you can airplay to Apple TV if u have one

15. BreakYoSelfFool

Isn't comcast cable about the same amount?

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

maybe for the first 6 months then it goes up to 45-50 bucks a month

17. forenzi

This is only for people that don't have comcast and don't want to switch either because they are on a contract with a different provider or prefer the hd quality sat services give over Comcast

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

If you live in one of those areas your probably 1% of population, you have two teeth in your mouth, and you probably don't have comcast either. Your f***ed either way.

I'm joking about the two teeth. You only have one tooth. I'm kidding of course, you don't have no teeth at all.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

With as many ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBATV games as the Rockets will probably get this year, buying League Pass Broadband just to watch them will not get your money's worth.

20. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

NBATV games are blacked out. How many games will they have nationally televised anyways? Maybe 8-10 realistically. There's still 70 more games. If the HD streams stop working, maybe I'll try the VPN