1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch out for the refs tomorrow trying to extend the series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Warriors got away with some major league flops against the Pelicans last night. Green went down like he was knocked out. Wasn't even touched.

1 person likes this.
  2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Right. He definitely made all of that up so he could become a convicted felon and get prison time. I don't think he was considered a felon until he came out with all this game fixing stuff.

There have been on multiple occasions where its been pretty clear that not only the refs, but NBA in general has been biased against the Rockets.

From Game 2:
    1) Terry fined for flop-none for any flops on the Mavs. I don't care that he Tery got fined, but should work both ways.
    2) Flagrant on Dwight for getting ball and arm on Dirk
    3) Regular foul on Amare for above the shoulder neck grab. Amare was nowhere near the ball.

I'm sure there were more, but theses are the ones that come to mind immediately.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not that I'm saying the Rockets will get screwed tonight, but this is the dumbest logic in the world and it really needs to stop. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FT ATTEMPTS PER GAME PROVES NOTHING ABOUT THE OFFICIATING.

You can have one team shoot 50 free throws, the other team shoot 5 free throws, and the team shooting 50 can STILL have gotten screwed if they deserved several that they didn't get. The idea some fans have that free throws are inherently supposed to "even out" is beyond absurd. Some teams simply draw fouls much more than others based on their personnel. The Rockets are obviously one of those teams.

I don't care how it makes "US" look, either. Why should I care what casual fans think? It's about wins and losses, period. I'd rather look like the biggest douche and win than look like the world's nicest guy and lose.

My guess is that the officiating will be fine tonight and the Rockets will win. But if it's not -- and there have been a few bad calls in this series -- the idea that Rockets fans shouldn't complain based on total FT attempts and/or what random folks on Twitter may think is just silly.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

^ Not to mention, if a team employs the "Hack-A" strategy, then obviously the other team will get more FTAs. Means nothing.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup, and there were periods of that in Game 1 and Game 2 with both Capela and Josh. Also, the Rockets' lead was less than 15 points in the final 2:00 of both games, which has the same effect when teams foul at the end of a non-blowout game out of desperation.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate when people don't even seem to look at the game
    then go . . . BUT BUT BUT THEY SHOT MORE FREE THROWS

WATCH THE FRICKING GAME!!

Rocket River

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

As much as I hate to say it, we will lost tonight, be it refs or be it whatever, I blame Vegas. I can almost guarantee a loss for the Rox. Flame me, curse me or whatever you want but you can quote this.

8. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

9. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Warriors got away with a lot against the Pelicans, though they were not the reason for the loss, but they had a good hand in allowing physical play from them while the Pelicans got everything called against them when they even made the slightest contact on offense. There were at least 4 flops.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you think so you should be putting quite a chunk of change on dallas then. if not then this means nothing

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The problem is some people like yourself will watch the game and only see what you want to see anyways. So that doesn't matter either.

There has never been a bad call against the opponent in the history of the NBA if you believed this board. And the refs have it out for the Rockets every single game for some magical reason.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The fact that the NBA hasn't been doling out fines is a joke. There have been so many obvious flops throughout the playoffs.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

They like to foul our bigs purposely. We are talking bout the INC's. The Mavs get a lot of touch fouls.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

To be fair, a lot of that has to do with teams' willingness to send bad FT shooters to the line, plus the fouling at the end of game 1 in Dallas' futile attempt to close the gap.

That said, I don't think the officiating was particularly bad for the Rockets in game 1 or 2, but I could certainly see that changing in games 3 or 4.

15. tnopham

tnopham Member

^^^This

I find it funny how people always use the Vegas excuse like it's a certainty but don't bet a dime on the game.

16. donkeypunch

Seeing how yall arent a Contributing member to this fantastic forum and website, one of yall being a member since 03(tisk tisk), how about I wager a donation on top of the money Ive already bet. What say you?

17. donkeypunch

*Correction- 2002 (shame)

18. tnopham

tnopham Member

Shame because I don't post a lot? Umm ok.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The NBA might have a ton of sweeps in the first round. The order will be out today to extend all series across the board. You are talking about squeezing almost twice the money from a 7 game series instead of a 4 game sweep.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Rockets fans will have red colored glasses while watching games, but there were plenty of poor calls in favor of Dallas to make it clear that officiating was biased.

It was bad enough on our home court, and I only expect it to be worse in Dallas. I can only hope our three-point shooting is on fire because the refs won't be giving us any whistles for contact in our offensive paint.