1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch Out For Mike Callahan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Apr 27, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Pisses me off!!

vince likes this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

I confirm Marc Davis and Tony Brothers the worst referees. Both of them are refs for tonight game spurs vs Nuggets. Crazy!

They are lazy to learn the rules.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I like how the ref let us get a comfortable lead by calling the game fair until the 2d quarter and 3rd is when they swallow their whistle.

Those 25 missed 3 pointers in the 2nd half was due to them not calling anything to the hoop. Got no choice but to jack 3's.

They wanted a GSW vs Cavs part 4 and I'm glad the rating dip. With GSW being a spoil brat to the ref this year. I can see them calling it fair to change the tide for a new era.

Basketball gawd took noticed and this year with Klay and curry recent ankle injuries and boogie out. We are destined. Rockets in 6

#23 got em COACH, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

His logic is so simple and flawed.

First of all, harden hit a three on a foul that was incorrectly waived off. So we wouldn’t have been 0-27

Second, the rockets were driving to the hole, getting murdered and THEN resorted to shooting threes as a mechanism to try and win anyway.

Stats don’t tell the story, watching the game does

5. TheresTheDagger

Yep. I haven't forgotten....look at my signature.

At least we can be thankful Derrick Stafford has retired.

hakeem94 and luckyman76 like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I remember multiple players on twitter called out the refs for that game, including Cousins lol...and btw i really don't have the will to watch that video, i actually never watched it cause i remember too well what happened.

34to11 and luckyman76 like this.
  7. dwhite

dwhite Member

Please feel free to leave....not a conspiracy but rather the truth on this one. Sometimes, believe it or not, people cheat to get the outcomes they desire. I screamed the same argument when Tim Donaughy used to ref and called three quick fouls on Ming in the first quarter of a Rockets Lakers important playoff game. Sadly, bad people can do bad things.
    I think that poster who thinks we are all whining is right after watching that video....there is no evil in this world, there is no cheating in this world, there is no corruption in this world, in fact, everything is done on the “up and up” in this world and people like Tim Donaughy never really existed.

#27 dwhite, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    hakeem94, luckyman76 and rhee like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't realize Callahan was an NBA plant. Good information.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

THEY SURE DIDN'T HELP...

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't know an easy way to check for myself, but I seem to remember this 0-13 talking point being debunked.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Donaughy was a completely different issue. He was cheating for his own benefit and was caught and arrested. Of course cheating exists. That’s different than saying the league itself determines outcomes. It’s one of those “moon landing is fake” conspiracies that would require thousands of people to stay completely quiet for decades to pull off. It is stupid. Just like all of this Illuminati bullshit.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You know who he called 134 times while he was cheating...Scott Foster.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06...y-phone-calls-refereeing-celtics-heat-game-3/

If you go back and look at Cowturd, Reggie Miller, Nick Wright, Simmons and many others the nights of the games they were saying a lot of the same things we are about the calls. When they went on TV in the morning not a peep. Money talks and ... You can believe whatever you want but those are facts. Why did we all know Scott Foster would be assigned Game 7 after that Game 6 joke. These are not coincidences. I have yelled at the Rockets for playing poorly in losses for 40 years. Believe me, there were plenty of them this year. I know the difference.

13 in 33 and BamBam like this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

What a lot of people don't get about how the refs interfered is they always made a call or failed to make a call when the Rockets were responding to the Warriors. Essentially they would dampen the Rockets momentum and then at that point the Warriors are the Warriors.

34to11, vince and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mike Callahan was solid for us last night. Stop slandering Mike Callahan!

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why he didnt gave draymond green a technical for pushing cp3 looooong after the whistle.....i am sorry but hes a crook in my book...its a technical foul for any other player in the league

and if cp3 retaliated its an automatic technical for both of them....man nba officiating is a joke

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

mayority of people are simply dumb

vince likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Draymond did get cracked on the head on that Harden 3 with no call.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Eye for a head

19. vince

vince Member

You know you can put a frog in a pot of cold water, and it will sit there happily as the water turns into a rolling boil. Uhmmm.... Food for thought! Anyone hungry for frog legs?

20. vince

vince Member

I think they know the rules, it’s called marketing research and billion dollar TV contracts require viewers. If the scripted hero gets knocked off, that’s all she wrote. A few hundred thousand TV’s don’t tune back in. The league needs angles to get butts tuned into the program.

These billion dollar contracts are so over inflated that the integrity of the game is jeopardized.