1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

With Capela we will have a big 4.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Because it sounds REALLY good when some guy posts it in a fan forum.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Won't happen

Deep down we all know this

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

In b4 Lebron gets traded to okc for Roberson and a goofy white dude

BigggReddd, s3ts and J.R. like this.
  5. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zach Lowe in his '32 crazy NBA predictions'

LeBron James leaves Cleveland again

There is too much smoke, even with Russell Westbrook's mega-extension snuffing one potential superstar cabal in Los Angeles. LeBron could still go there with Paul George, though the Lakers need some high-wire cap gymnastics to open up the requisite $65 million in room. And can LeBron really chase the Warriors with George, Lonzo Ball and whatever flotsam is left after L.A. sheds money?

LeBron still values winning above all else. He wants another title. He needs one to challenge Michael Jordan's GOAT status. The path there with those theoretical Lakers is uncertain.

Put it this way: If you forced me to name which team LeBron is on next season, I'd take the Cavs by a hair over the Lakers. But if you give me Cleveland versus the field, I'm taking the field. LeBron is dominant enough to go anywhere he wants. He could tell almost literally any team, "I'm coming as long you also sign Players X and Y," and that team would make it happen.

Speaking of which: Maybe we should take the Houston threat more seriously. Harden is locked up. Paul is there. Getting off Eric Gordon is easy. Snag a pick in the process, and dumping the Ryan Anderson albatross -- the one that cost them the official Team Banana Boat photographer -- becomes feasible. Trade and renounce everyone else, including potentially Paul for cap purposes, and they are close enough to the double-max for Paul and LeBron that the Texas income tax edge might come into play.

Sound crazy? So did everything that happened this summer. The league's best players have the clout to make anything happen.

(I have no idea where LeBron is going. Nobody does.)

BigggReddd, DonKnock, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Dude, he landed Chris ****ing Paul and you are b****ing about not getting Melo or PG?

Some people are never happy.

What's next..."oh, Morey couldn't even get a meeting with Lebron, fire him".

I don't think Lebron is coming here because Harden is the identity of this team, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

topfive, Reeko and BigMaloe like this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

Wade was also the identity of the Heat, until LeBron arrived.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If harden wants him we will get him. Harden gets what harden wants.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Sure, which is why I wouldn't rule out him coming here, but that was a much younger Lebron that had no rings. The Heat just before Lebron came were solid but not great, not nearly the 55 or 60 win team that we should be. I just wonder if he'll want to be the guy that joins a pair of superstars twice in his career, or if he'll go somewhere where he can try to cement his legacy but not appear to have taken the "easy" way.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't think Lebron will ever forget Harden's gesture to his groin. That forever cemented his disdain for Harden.

#32 Liberon, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

b****es need to STFU and just enjoy watching the ROCKETS play.

14. RightTooCensor

It's happening.

15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Still have to move Ryan Anderson to make it happen. Not so easy obviously.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Morey has positioned the Rockets as a players' team. Good for him. That, a good organization, strong player-recruiters, and a backcourt ready to win make us a plausible competitor for any wing or frontcourt star.

17. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Well to piggy back off of this something that has not been brought up yet, while all the media is quick to talk about Chris Paul leaving Houston, is the possibility of Houston getting Lonzo Ball in a Chris Paul trade. I really do not see Lonzo and Lavar Ball being cooperative, with Lonzo coming of the bench for Chris Paul. Also think Houston works to get draft picks in this trade as well.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

If there's a shot at getting LeBron, you hire a hitman to get the job done. Ryno must not block our path!

[​IMG]