1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Washington Wizards: Andre Blatch Suspended/ steals cologne

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by QdoubleA, Jan 11, 2010.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/01/another-day-another-drama-for.html

Blatche suspended for a game; 3 players speak to investigators

The Wizards held a brief practice on Monday, with Flip Saunders reduced to only eight available players. They were already without Gilbert Arenas (suspended indefinitely) and Javaris Crittenton (excused leave of absence). Then, Brendan Haywood, Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson had to speak with law enforcement authorities about Arenas's gun possession case and the details surrounding the Dec. 21 dispute between Arenas and Crittenton. Mike Miller was limited because of his sore right calf and to top it off, Andray Blatche was kicked out of practice and suspended for tomorrow's game against the Detroit Pistons for conduct detrimental to the team.

If it's not one thing, it's another with these Wizards, who are dealing with some distraction on a daily basis. Saunders wouldn't elaborate much on the suspension, but it was based on his behavior during Sunday's 115-110 loss to New Orleans. Blatche had zero points, three rebounds and three turnovers in almost 17 minutes. After the game, Blatche dressed, went to Randy Foye's locker and sprayed himself down with Foye's cologne. Head athletic trainer Eric Waters approached Blatche and asked him to head to the training room. Blatche responded, "Do I look like I care about my knee?"

That incident was not the reason for the suspension, according to a Wizards spokesperson, but it is not good for a team that continues to deal with more and more adversity. "It's already been too much," Antawn Jamison said after practice.

On a positive note, Earl Boykins's contract was guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

2. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

omg,what next? lockerroom orgy?
    washington swingers

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's positive note for the Wizards? It looks like a last desperate move of a franchise that's run out of options.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Do they sprinkle crack into the practice facility tap water?

Marion Barry has some explainin to do.

5. worzel gummidge

The more I read about the Wizards the more the feeling grows that their new ownership is trying to do the dirty on the current players and front office.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow, this is like Portland a few years back. They need to blow the team and management up and start over. Good luck with that!

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. I used to be intrigued by Blatche.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Blatche has done bad things before, but I thought he had pulled it together. They owe Jamison a trade to a contender before the deadline, but the Wizards would be a completely empty shell without him.

If you look at it one way, maybe it's good Abe Pollin didn't get to see any of this. What a crash and burn from what they expected of this team before the season.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Then there was the whole thing with Deshawn Stevenson "paying tribute" to Arenas the game after Jamison offers the apology to fans, telling them the team is going to try to work hard to regain their respect.

[​IMG]

Goddammit the Wizards have compiled the dumbest bunch of ****ity ****-ups that any one team in the history of professional sports has ever assembled. Sure, the Jail-Blazers were thugs, but at least they had street smarts.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Jailblazers were actually pretty good too. They usually hovered around 50 wins. It's even more sad when you've got so many characters of poor character and no wins to show for it.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

baller4life...maybe more apt to use the DC metro accident (this past year) picture in this case..

[​IMG]

13. Mr. Space City

Abe Pollin must be turning over in his grave

14. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I feel bad 4 deir fans n deir organization

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe they should have hired Theus. That team could use some old fashioned daddy discipline.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Perhaps but I don't think your trainwreck picture does the 09-10 Washington Wizards justice.

In mine, you have:

Arenas: green car hanging upside spewing wood everywhere symbolizing the big you-know-what he took over the entire organization with recent news

Jamsion as the green car in the top right standing on top of the mess screaming "Somebody get me the hell out of here!!"

....feel free to add any others ;)

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

yo fewl if u didnt type like dis u mght not have dat red dot under ur name

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea, I am rooting hard for a TMAC for Butler/Miller/Blatche deal but oh well....

19. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

i live in baltimore and people here are still upset about this since a dozen or so people died... one of them was my mail man's neice. i wouldn't compare their stupidity to this tragedy at all.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i live on the metro line. The Wizards have been stupid for a while, and this accident was stupid--there were 2 cars on the same track, and one ran into the other one. It was tragic, but stupid. (cause still TBD, I know, but it was either operator error or an engineering problem)