1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Mike Wilbon mentions a situation like Houston being good for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cleepy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would definitely take LeBron, but only if we can keep Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks.

We need at least somebody that can hit open jumpers.

2. HPD

HPD Member

any smart FA would sign w/ BULLS

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If Lebron chose Houston or Cleveland I would have more respect for him then if he chose to team up with Bosh or Wade. I think choosing a team over a player is a much wiser decision and hopefully he see's it that way also.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Hey guys, what if we all get on twitter and tell lebron why he should play for the rockets. If enough people do it, maybe we will some national media attention from espn, michael wilbon, bucher which will make lebron think about coming to houston.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

what's lebron's twitter acount?

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

If I was LeBron and wanted to make a name for myself, I would go to Houston or stay in Cleveland instead of pairing up with multiple stars such as Wade, Bosh, Amare, Rose. If Houston and Cleveland win a championship with LeBron and role players then he would bask in more spotlight than if he wins with another star at his side.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't know lebron's twitter account. I was hoping someone else knew. Maybe we could twitter his agent Maverick Carter...just thinking out loud.

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

someone should tweet lebron with the vote count for mcgrady for the allstar game last year. Then he will come here.

9. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

try the whole season lol :grin:

10. Craftx5

Craftx5 Member

Has Morey contacted Lebron at all?

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If the only purpose is to win titles, BY FAR the best spots for James are the LAKERS CELTICS MAGIC. Houston and Chicago would probably be behind the Mavericks as well.

12. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

he is saving him for last
    i can imagine the meeting know
    in a skyline in beijing with a beutiful view of it harbor
    dm and les sitting down with a fine bottle of wine or scotch
    with the contract in hand
    as yao shows lebron to his seat ....................
    get er done morey :grin:

13. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

Moist and ready to go? LOL

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Cant lebron make his billions of dollars by playing for houston (cause of china)? I know this was the knicks main point during their presentation.

15. Air Force

Air Force Member

I just heaed Huston is courting Bosh, Even Yao has expressed his greetings va Vedio.

16. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

dirk is done with the mavs. mavs are a poor choice for any free agent imo.

17. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

lol this is full of win

18. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

One can only dream. I still don't get Cleavland saying they will not do a sign and trade. Why not??? Especially if it was out of their conf.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If Dirk does leave the mavs, i definitely agree with, my post was definitely contingent on him staying.
    Despite whatever reports are out there, I just find it hard to see dirk leaving the mavs... Needless to say I will be shocked if isnt wearing that ugly my little pony emblem on his chest next year. But for his sake i do hope he leaves and join either wade or Lebron or find some way to team up with Dhoward or Cpaul... for as great a player as he is, he needs another superstar to win the ship.

20. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Logically speaking, Cavs is more willing to SnT with Rockets since we play in a different conference. I just hope they won't take too much IF we should sign Lebron.