1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was This Joke by a Junior High School Teacher Racist?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I suggest you go back to your high school, and smack the teacher across the face with the back of your hand. Let no one dishonour you, your people or your family. It will make you feel better at the end of the day.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What is this poster saying? Ching chong oblong won ton--it all sounds the same to me!

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You guys got it all wrong. It's not about "Wing" or "Wong" being a Chinese last name.

The joke is making fun of the Chinese accent. "Wing" is the way Chinese pronounce "Ring" and "Wong" is how Chinese pronounce "Wrong". I can't believe there's 5 pages of this thread and still nobody pointed that out. By the way, I don't know any "Wings"... Korean OR Chinese. I heard of "Ying" but never "Wing".

So yeah they're making the way someone speaks english. So is that racist or no? What about African Tribe clicking noises or Indian 7-Eleven Accents? I'm not sure if these are racist. Might be funny drunk humor but inappropriate for a teacher to say to little kids.

Regarding the "Chin" in the Chinese book. How would you feel if a White guy or a Asian guy said with a smirk: "How many Jacksons were on BET last night?". I'm not saying its racist.. I'm saying it's stupid. :rolleyes:

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

47 :cool:

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Of course it's stupid, your version doesn't have a pun. It should be something like: BET has more Jacksons than an ATM.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:D thats a pretty good analogy and joke.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He was wong to make that joke. I bet you wanted to wing his neck.

9. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

For someone who has always been taking a seemingly very righteous stance when discussing the racist issues, you have really surprised me here with such an insensitive statement to make fun on a common last name of a minority. I hope you were just being ignorant here like what you are trying to claim, otherwise you come across as a very hypocritical person to me.

10. hotballa

man I remember I got banned for a week for making this joke in GARM, and I'm Chinese! :(

11. hotballa

I don't know, I'm really not seeing why that would be offensive.

12. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

pgabriel has always come across to me as a very righteous poster in the issues of the minority. So I hold him to a higher standard than most of the other posters. It's an insensitive joke about a common last name of a minority no matter how you slice it. Yet, he deserves a free pass if he was just being ignorant like what he has claimed, otherwise he has been hypocritical.

I remember there were also a FOB moron who insisted he didn't see why being called a FOB is offensive. I really don't care about the opinion of a moron anyway.