1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Karl Rove the source of the Plame leak. . .

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2005.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so the standard of conviction has now become the convening of a grand jury?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once again basso, there doesn't have to be a conviction to have been a crime committed. Were crimes committed by whoever 'Jack the Ripper' was not really crimes because they didn't commit anyone?

All your creative editing skills won't help you out of this one.

3. basso

Supporting Member

you're comparing the plame affair to a serial killer's exploits? fine, convening a grand jury also doesn't mean a crime was committed, in fact, a grand jury is convened precisely to determine whether a crime was committed. so we'll just have to wait and see what fitzgerald does.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wasn't comparing exposing plame to a serial killer, but a crime that was committed even though nobody was convicted.

We know that Plame was outed, it just remains to be seen who did it.

5. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

are you sleeping with this guy or what??? regardless of what you want to believe, Rove's true colors are being displayed for all to see and yet your disgust for the "liberal" media blinds you thoroughly. Nolen makes excellent points...... these journalists do not want to give up their sources, even if it was Rove. they gain nothing from that, and would probably lose all credibility with any significant future sources.

whether it was Rove who ratted plame out or not i'm not sure, but you damn well know he had something to do with it - the man screams vindictiveness, it's practically his MO.

7. Major

Major Member

Do you really not know the difference between a crime being committed and a specific person being convicted? :confused:

When a person is shot, do you believe a crime has not been committed unless you know who did it?

8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Round n' round n' round we go....

This is the exact same crap we discussed in the other thread. I mean, EXACT. I guess there's just no use. I hope the investigation goes somewhere, now that Time has caved in.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I really want to see Rove convicted now, simply because I'd like the chance to see basso's head explode like a Star Trek robot.

:D

10. basso

Supporting Member

as Nolen said, this is exactly the same crap we discussed in the other thread. we don't need to rehash it here.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So was Plame murdered afterwards? I could not figure that part out.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

back from your hiatus, i see....

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it would be more like the opening dream sequence in Total Recall, when Arnold's faceplate cracks and he's exposed to the thin atmosphere of Mars. Those bulging eyes... :eek:

14. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Plame outed herself.

It was well known by anyone in DC that she was CIA. Therefore whoever outed her won't be prosecuted because there was no expectation of secrecy. It will be interesting to see who "leaked" the information to the media, I agree. But to say that we don't know who "outed" her is kind of misleading, imo.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That is the spin of those who are close to the whitehouse. But the fact is that prior to the article about her coming out she still was listed as working for a front company used by the CIA as a cover. She was under cover. Others as well used that front company.

Her status was officially NOC.

But more importantly than even her name is the fact that they blew her under cover company. Now anyone else who used that company as a front was also exposed, and the non-existent company no longer can cover for people who were doing work possibly more sensitive than Plame. It was all posted in the last thread about the Plame.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Everybody knew it was a sham corporation and Plame was a deep cover spook. Everybody!!! Methinks, Patrick Fitzgerald must have missed the memo.

17. Major

Major Member

This part is extremely important and often gets overlooked. Assets we have overseas are risking their lives to provide us information, and its very possible, if not likely, that a number of them are now dead or in jail as a result of this leak. Their fate, I would guess, depends primarily on what nations were involved here.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The White House just released the transcript of today’s Gaggle.

For the fourth straight day since his lawyer admitted that Rove was one of Matt Cooper’s sources, no member of the White House press corps asked a question about Rove’s role.

A major figure in the White House is deeply entangled in a major scandal. Why is the White House press corps ignoring the story?

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Rove OWNS the WH press corps. They know if they p-o Rove that Rove will get even. Even if he is jail, he will get even.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe this is such a non-story...