1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was it worth it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Was it worth losing our pick to watch the Warriors just rip our team?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. No

185 vote(s)
    75.8%
  1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm sure they're not. That doesn't change the way I feel about it. I've always regarded their tanking that year to have been bad sportsmanship. I don't want to win that way.

2. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I usually would say that I prefer my team to go to the playoffs everytime, but after watching this series I really think it made more harm in the long run. Media hatred, team spirit completely shattered, team image, and the negative vibe ending the season.

They really were better off not making the playoffs and the humiliation would have just ended there. Not to mention the draft pick as well, this also just makes it official that the Howard-Harden experiment is truly dead. It's another sad ending in Houston history for a superstar duo just like the Yao-McGrady one ended in injury. Another series ending blow out loss for this franchise which has seen a lot of them lately. It's just so damn depressing.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The silver lining is this:

The complete undressing of this team by one of the best teams in NBA history should wake Morey and Les up at least a tiny bit.

What if they missed the playoffs and kept their pick? What then? Knowing Morey that pick would have either been converted into a mediocre rookie or would have been shipped out for 2 2nd rounders.

At least with what has transpired, the hope is that Less and More will see that there are plenty of below average players on this team and they need to move them out ASAP if they want to even think about the playoffs next year.

Chasing Durant, Horford, and Conley? Sure but lets worry about how to fill out the glaring holes on this roster first (e.g. a good spot up 3 point shooter, a power forward with shooting range, a center that can be paired with Capela, etc.)

4. billchez

billchez Member

Tell me which college player could come in and immediately help this team with that 1st round pick? This draft is not that great. We need some season vets who will make Harden accountable for his lax play. Yes, it was worth making the playoffs and losing the pick.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Even when I agree with you I still don't like you or your 20 monikers.

6. valorita

valorita Member

Yes. Because it showed irrefutably how far this team is away from being contenders. I hope this is the final nail in the cofin for the cleansing that is to come this offseason.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team needed to be spanked.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Does any of this matter on here... Lol, you're right though, hopefully this gets fixed. What a mess.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's an asset that could have been used later. We threw it away for this

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure when 90% of the players will be gone anyway...

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les/Morey/Harden will likely be around still

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

This team never deserved to make the playoffs. I've had more pride in past seasons for worse teams. I finally don't have to pay to watch them in Austin, and I ended up preferring to watch the Astros lose rather than have any faith in this squad. Even if they won, it would feel wrong and undeserved somehow.

Such a worst case scenario for the team this season. We know injuries, but this was something shameful. Give me the pick.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It could be worth it for GSW haters

Curry got hurt and other teams like Spurs got a better chance at the title

14. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I was not a pessimist, I was a realist. I don't want the pick, I wanted the value of the pick for a trade

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Who knows , it may have been worth a shot . What if fate twists and we were hot game 4 while the Warriors were cold in the second half ?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Curry is going to be fine by the time they play the spurs

17. nono

nono Member

Yes it was worth it. Without it many Morey and JBB supporters would still be in denial. A 12th pick ain't doing **** for us anyways.

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

That draft pick would have been handy to package Brewer away in.

Then there's Ariza and Beverley getting starting role player salaries. And not being starter material anymore. Jones, Smith, Terry are gone, and I suspect DMo woild look great on the Spurs. I'm not sold on KJ, and Capela is still a backup 5 when Dwert leaves.

That's our whole roster just about.

Harden, Harrell, Capela, Beverley (as a reserve) and DMo (at the right price) are the only players I want back. Beaseley I'm only 50-50 on. He's played well but really havent made an impact to our wins and losses, although he's cheap and worth carrying. And Goudelocks probably also. Although I wouldnt lose sleep over whether Beaseley or Goudelocks are traded or not picked up.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

What did getting embarrassed by GS without the mvp do. Atleast the 12th pick coud be packaged in a trade

20. MFG16

MFG16 Member

The one positive from getting destroyed by a Curry-less Warriors team is that there are no more excuses to hide behind. The problems with this team/organization are crystal clear for the nation to see. No more "what ifs." Time to blow this up.

Look forward to the changes thatll unfold in the coming months.