1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Francis at the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by r-fan-since-81, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Ok, fair enough. :)

I don't know anything about Taylor other than what I was told which is exactly what I posted and that he was playing at less than 10 pounds over the weight that the Rockets consider "game condition" over a month ago. I actually asked three separate people about Taylor's practicing, etc and got the same response.

Who knows how this will translate come October if at all. I sure don't. Out of all of them, my favorite is Griffn, so my main preference is to see him succeed.

Truce? :D

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

-Just deleted this.-

If they're offering truce, I'm staying out of it.:)

3. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

hi
    this is stupid

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'd rather make a friendly bet and put the wager in the tip jar...but, second to that

...OK...truce!

<font size="1">ps: I think this is actually the first time I've disagreed with you on bball...isn't it??</font>

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I don't know. Is it? I've been here so long, I don't remember who I agree or disagree with. :)

6. heypartner

I'm just a newbie. I'm not w.o.r.t.h.y. of "The Truth!!"

But ... I might pass you on post count again someday, if wifey lets me. Watch yo' back. And we should both be watching DoD, now that he's shutting down threads as an admin and using the posted reason as a "free post" wooo hooo

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Well, he said he'll be there , so i suppose he'll be there. Its really not an issue really though. I see where you guys are still trippin over the so called taylor vs thomas dispute. Its irrevelent really because neither is the future 4 on this team.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I definitely believe Jeff and/or his sources about MoT's current weight. It appears that the search engine is working so I think I'll go look for who was the poster that argued that Mo couldn't lose all that weight until February! :) I knew he could do it.

Mo, Kenny and EG - what a 3-headed monster. It may be a luxury having three PF's but it sure is nice that they all have totally different games.

9. aznlincolnpark

francis gotta be at the usa vs china game or i will be piss :D

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hmm...Steve said he'd be at the game...we haven't heard much from him lately....I got it!

Steve went to China to become a Chinese citizen. He will join Yao on the team and hand out a major butt whooping to the US.

This isn't far-fetched, is it?

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Hmmm, this must be one of those long standing debates that
    has been simmering for quite a long time between Jeff and heypartner...

Maybe we should just put them into a ring and them duke it out!:D

P.S. A debate about MoT and KT? Not the most exciting match up...
    Oh, I get it. It must be about the principle.

12. heypartner

...this might be one of those "free post" thingies, where a poster has no take on basketball whatsoever and waits around for an opportunity to flush someone else's toilet.

DavidS...speaking of "principle" staying out of discussions that you are not involved in is about principle. get it!!

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Ha ha ha!!! Sorry to ruffle your feathers. I can see you are sensitive!
    Ha ha ha ha!!!!

I was "poking fun, humor, jest." Do you know what that is?
    Apparently not.

My point was that you were debating MoT and KT in the "Was Francis
    at the game" post. That's all.

GET IT!!!!?

P.S. "Staying out of discussions" on a internet forum is not likely to
    happen! Principle or not.

14. B

B Contributing Member

I'm just curious, was this issue ever resolved? Which Rockets went to Indy to watch Yao Ming? Was Steve Francis at the game in question?

B

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Not many fans bothered to show up to the games, so I doubt any Rockets bothered to go.

Hell, Team USA didn't show up.

:p