1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was 911 an Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RY, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It wasn't just a fire. Do you have any idea how much kinetic energy was transferred to the buildings by the planes? As for building 7, there was supposedly a power substation and large fuel tanks under the building. If those were detonated (perhaps by something resultant from two huge buildings collapsing nearby) is it that infeasible to you that the structural integrity of the building would be compromised. The building was basically sitting on top of a big IED.
    What do you imagine the top floors of a building collapsing and the steel supports snapping would sound like to people who had just witnessed 2 planes crashing into buildings?

#62 StupidMoniker, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You really need to watch this one. It says that you are part of the conspiracy. Since you know about the myth of Jesus, but keep perpetuating it, you are creating the pretext for war and government control. You are purposedly dumbing down the populace so that the men behind the curtain can keep their central bank and their profitable wars and their North American Union. Since you're a preacher of the Christian myth, it's all your fault.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

The Seismic observatory shows no sign of any kind of bomb going of. The graph is consistent with the collapse of building.

WTC sustained heavy damage from debris. FEMA's report was not accurate (it was FEMA after all) but the NIST report stated that nearly a 1/3 of the building had been damage, and much of the facade. This combined with 5th floor fire feed by a fuel tank may have contributed to the collapse. But the structural damage to the building was immense.

You don't know how close WTC7 is to the north tower. I know. Because when I use to look north out of the 96th floor of Tower one, I had to look straight down to see the roof of WTC 7. Only a narrow street seperated the two buildings.

So do yourself a favor. Stop wasting time on conspiracy therories. It's good to have a skeptical mind and be open-minded, but c'mon. Think man, think! Use some common sense and you'll see that anyone who is looking for a conspiracy therory is someone who living in a fantasy world. Don't let these guys take advantage of you. They are making money on this con. Don't let them!!!

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am guilty as charged of preaching Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World.
    I am at fault for convincing others that Jesus died on a cross as a substitute sacrifice to pay the penalty of the sins of the world and who ever believes in Him shall be saved from the wrath to come; when the world will be judged.

I do not know alot about what is behind the curtain; but I do know that Jesus took down the curtain on my heart.
    It is joy to be a Christian.

I must be crazy to believe such things, yes I am crazy and I love this Jesus.
    He is a myth? No, not to me; but what is one old preacher among so many young intelligent basketball fans?

I also believe in the Rockets, they will have a great year in 2007-8.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I am open to a conspiracy theory, but I am not stuck on one like it's the exact truth like those people in the videos are. That one vid with the young guy who kept going off when the older man tried to explain something is a great example of naiveness on this subject. There's never been 2 planes crash into such big buildings and destroy them like on 9/11 so how would we know..too many factors.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Not to mention the resulting sound if the fuel tanks in tower 7 had ruptured. They would have exploded...and that may have sounded like (gasp) a bomb.

Sometimes in this world things ARE in fact as simple as what they look like. There doesn't always have to be a deeper, hidden cause for things.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'm open to conspiracy theories when those that are proposing them have some actual evidence to back them up. That video just points out some problems in the government report and proceeds to say that it means that their story is correct, all while never presenting any solid evidence that it happened the way they say.

9. ROCKET RY

The first bombs were reported as happening before the planes hit and they were coming from the basement. And please, tell me HOW MUCH kenetic energy was transferred? I would like the scientific explanation please....

#69 ROCKET RY, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Reported by whom? The firefighters who weren't there until after the planes hit? This report was given by the same people who are trying to make a name for themselves by publishing books and videos theorizing that the government was involved?

I think that most people can agree that a 747 hitting a building would create a seismic event.

1 person likes this.
  11. ROCKET RY

Why don't you not worry about what I waste my time on. If you don't believe it, then let it go and move on to the next thread. Oh and my common sence tells me something fishy is going on, and this country right now is bass ackwards from what I grew up believing it was based on. And I AM thinking, .....thats why I question it. Oh...and how did the plane at the pentagon incinerate on impact, plus dodge all the light poles to hit at that angle? And where was the plane debris in Pennsylvania?

12. NewYorker

you have been brainwashed man. I really feel for you.

13. NewYorker

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but so dangerous to read into things.

Did you ever see the test of a plane flying into a 6 foot concrete wall? All it left was a black mark. It penetrated the concret two inches. A plane is mostly hollow space. Air. It will incinerate pretty easily.

What's wrong with your kind of thinking? Well, i guess you can believe whatever you want, but this isn't a religious forum where we discuss beliefs. This is debate and discussion. And you have to have some facts to make a case.

Not just questions.

14. ROCKET RY

A lot of ifs, would haves, and may haves here....see there are 2 sides to the story......

15. ROCKET RY

There is no real evidence EITHER WAY!!! there was never a massive investigation done to prove either way. WHY IS THAT!????

16. ROCKET RY

your right I was brainwashed for a long time, until I woke up...

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

So there where bombs that were powerful enough to sever the core columns that detonated before the planes hit, but they produced no effect apparent to anyone outside the building and they did not cause the towers to collapse for over an hour? Isn't it more likely that there where no explosions in the basement?
    It's going to be pretty rough, but here goes nothing:
    KE = 1/2mv^2
    m is about 400,000 kg
    v = about 550 mph = about 246 (m/s)
    so KE is roughly 24e9 joules or roughly the same as 7 tons of TNT if my calculations are correct. Of course, not all of the energy of the planes was transferred to the buildings, as we saw stuff come out the other side. If only 10% of the kinetic energy of the plane was transferred to the building, that is still a force greater than a 1,000 lb bomb. That is simply 10% of the kinetic energy of the plane, and does not take into account any kind of blast effects from the fuel exploding, or any thermal effects of the fire. That is a lot of energy directed at a very small portion of the building. If you want to be less conservative with the percentage of energy transferred, the total amount could be much greater.

18. ROCKET RY

Well my intensions with this thread was never to make a case....As I explained before, I simply wanted to see what people thought of the subject, and to give some people some alternative news that isnt forcefed down our throats. And by the way, I have not seen any facts here from either side. This thread is about peoples opinions. This whole thread is based on questioning.

19. ROCKET RY

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do that, seriously I wasn't expecting that ;) but this still doesnt explain why the buildings fell. They were built to withstand the impact of a 747.

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I AM WITH RHESTER.