1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was 911 an Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RY, Jul 13, 2007.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I watched that video, first off it was nicely done. It is very convincing, but with movies like that I dont know how much to believe because i'm sure theres info out there that could easily debunk it. Anyways very interesting video, everyone should check it out just to see its take on 9/11.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I am saying it is rooted in conspiracy theory.

He implied the real reason for invading Afghanistan was to build a pipeline, no?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Robots do think for themselves.

You'll see once they take over the world.

You obviously haven't heard of HAL, or I, Robot?

4. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

LOL...No, I have.....good point ;).....I am a little scared....

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So on one hand, Bush is an idiot who can't put together a coherent sentence. And on the other hand, his administration was behind the worst terrorist attack in this nation's history.

And they've managed to keep it under wraps for nearly 6 years and meanwhile everything else they've wanted to keep secret gets leaked to the New York Times.

Even Oliver Stone couldn't make that one seem believable.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It's almost like this guy has never even gotten a Sunday school level education in Christianity. Jesus is thought to have been born sometime in the Summer, and the star in the east is actually the planet Venus in combination with a star. Likewise, Jesus was crucified in April (during Passover), long after the Winter solstice (when he says the sun spends three days on the cross).

That the early Christian church adopted dates and rites that would be familiar to the people of their time and place does not mean that Jesus did not exist, it means they were trying to package him in such a way that people could comfortably convert. It doesn't really matter when Jesus was born, so they say hey, you already celebrate on December 25th anyway, that can be the celebration of the birth of Jesus.

That many of the stories are ubiquitous should not cast doubt on them, but rather serve to reinforce them. If the flood was not an actual event, why would every culture have the story of the flood?

Basically, the guys whole point is that there are superficial resemblances between pagan religions and Christianity (see the crucifix and the zodiac cross) and that Jesus fits the hero archetype (though not as well as Oedipus, though the filmmaker may not be aware of that, or perhaps thought it would hurt his case to mention since Oedipus is not a sun God, or any type of god for that matter). The vast differences (such as the fact that Christianity is monotheistic while the other religions mentioned (the Egyptian religion, the Greeks, Hindus, etc. are all polytheistic) are ignored.

Are parts two and three as terrible as this?

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I believe that Vicente Fox blew up the World Trade Center because he was tired of losing his workforce to the United States and supporting our economy. He wanted to instill anti-Mexican sentiment and get the US to start worrying about border security. There were no Arab names on the flight manifest, but there were Hispanic names. Don't believe me, study the facts for yourself. If you don't, you're just a blind sheep that will believe whatever your government tells you.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

One of the things I still wonder about that Zeitgeist movie, is the connection between that Pakistani general wiring 100K to Mohammad Atta, and the 9/11 Commission thinking it wasn't important enough to investigate.

That video of Bin Laden they showed where he claims responsibility also doesn't look much like him.

I somewhat agree with Tower 7 questioning, although structural engineers can argue back and forth all day whether a collapse of these towers were possible.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What I was getting at was perhaps the reverberations of the impacts of the two big towers on the ground somehow shook tower 7 enough as it was burning to weaken it to the point where it could collapse. Just kind of thinking out loud because such a small fire couldn't bring a 42 story building -- IMHO. As I recall each tower's collapse registered as a small seismic event (ie) mini-earthquake.

As for grand conspiracies -- I don't buy it -- why would the gov. plant the charges to make the building fall perfectly anyways? Why not set the charges to make them fall sideways to end conspiracy talk before it started? All the small "firecracker-like" popping was most certainly the highly compressed air blowing out the windows etc. as the top levels of the twin towers crushed downward.

I do enjoy listening to these scientists talk of modeling and how it was impossible for the buildings to come down because of a plane. There is no way to model correctly the impact and energy of that collision. They have no real idea how much kinetic energy was generated by the impact and explosion -- all they can come up with is a ballpark figure. Their figures are obviously wrong because the buildings start collapsing right where the planes hit.

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ask anybody here, if it is a simple disagreement, I can and do argue a lot of salient points. This is not that case. This is somebody with an opinion which is not supported by credible evidence and is simply absurd.

You don't like Bush. I get it. But to accuse him of being complicit in the murder of 3,000 people with no real evidence is nuts. It is akin to saying that Jimmy Carter assisted the Iranians of taking 50 Americans hostage simply because he was involved in the talks that put Khomeni in power.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The economy was reeling in the aftermath of Enron, etc. To be sure, the economy was less than robust. The issue at hand is whether Bush would be complicit in 9/11. In addition to the obvious reasons that is absurd, the predictable result would be the (at least short term) collapse of an already shaky economy.

12. ROCKET RY

The only thing I accused Bush of in this thread is attacking, discrediting, or ridiculing people with different views than his own. Not once did I accuse him of killing 3,000 people. I have not stated once here whether or not I think 911 was an inside job. So don't assume that you know how I voted. I started this thread to simply see what people thought, and possibly give people on opportunity to see a different view. Something you don't see on the news, and something that I think is pretty relevent. And no I don't like Bush.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh dear Lord. The truthers have come to ClutchFans. Collective intelligence dips by 15%.

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Bush couldn't have pulled off what happened on 9-11 if he got a million chances. His administration couldn't have pulled that off either, very few could know and be complicit. That is how it happened I would say. In fact I think all Bush has to do is what he is told he has to do.

His part was to get out of the way. Or get out of state or something. I doubt Bush had much to do with any execution of a plan.

I can still remember the contrast between his response at the Florida elementry school reading the goat story (after he was 'informed' of the situation) and the bold angry response he read in front of the TV cameras with his get Al Queda and Sudaam speech.

Instead of excusing himself from the children he sat for 20 minutes calmly reading, mulling in his heart that two terrorist attacks had placed the nation in shock on national TV. He then smiled left the room and we don't get to hear about his leadership in the crisis until he is on TV.

Oh, I don't trust Bush, but I did vote for him twice. :D

And if anyone would seriously study the construction of the WTC and especially study the timeline- especially bldg. 7 the only way to believe that they fell from the planes would be to build a scenario to confirm the 'official' story.

Realize if you are given the answer and then told to come up with the question- your challenge is to confirm the answer.

We are told that two planes brought down the 3 towers. OK, fine- now that I know the answer what do you want to know-

There was no evidence given to anyone who was asked to explain how the towers fell, the physical evidence was seized by the govt. and hauled away.

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It shouldn't take a two hour move to list the evidence for an inside job unless you have A LOT of circumstancial evidence and hearsay.

I remember watching the video images where the smoke puffs out of the building as it collapses, and having people claim this is "proof" of internal explosions. But anyone with half a brain knowns that if you dropped a tiles in a dusty room, what happens - oh yeah, you get little billows trying to escape out from underneath a falling tile. Guess there was internal explosions going on there too huh?

As someone pointed out - our gov't is way to incompetent. Don't you realize how many people would have to be in on a conspiracy to make 9/11 happens???? Hundreds. And not one of them talking??? We couldn't even keep Abu Grande or whatever secret, nor Gitmo. You think we can pull of 9/11???

And you think Bush and CO is that competent? Or the CIA? Geez, where have you been? You need to stop reading the illuminati triology or JFK conspiracy books and accept the reality.

Some crazy Muslim extremist flew planes into the towers and took them down. If anyone was in on it, it probably was some Saudi Sheik.

16. ROCKET RY

ummmmm....why don't we forget the puffs of smoke already. How about the fact that no buildings have ever colapsed due to a fire....and what about building 7?

17. ROCKET RY

oh yeah...and what about all the firemen and other people in the building saying that they heard bombs go off...multiple bombs.....

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

A big part of the problem is that there has never been a full and open investigation into the actions of the administration on and leading up to 9-11. If you encourage a secretive government, if you try to avoid accountability at all costs, if you do things like run secret prisons and try to manipulate elections... then one cannot be surprised when conspiracy theories run rampant.

19. ROCKET RY

so so true

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

They're given the same credence as the people who thought bombs were going off on the dikes in New Orleans. I suppose the government was in on that as well.

Evidence is least credible when it comes from right after the incident. Most people are basing it purely on perceived sounds and actions. Much of which turns out to be wrong.

The video I pointed out answers all of these arguments fairly well.