1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors vs Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FoOLiSh_AzN, Aug 21, 2013.

1. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hmm... Just don't see it. The Warriors ran into a depleted Nuggets team and got hot for a couple games against the Spurs (then got handled the rest of the series). Landry and Jack were big contributors off the bench and they're gone now. Iggy puts Barnes on the bench and makes him play the 4 more. Losing Jack means Curry doesn't get to play off the ball as much.

We were arguably already better and obtained the best big man in the game without losing any rotation players besides Delfino. It's a superstar league and we have 2 to their 1 (which is arguable but Curry really stepped up in the playoffs).

3. basketballholic

I think our matchups against GS got a lot better. With both Dwight and Asik on the floor together and with at least one of them on the floor at all times we now have the opportunity to really face guard Curry and Thompson outside. Iggy is not really a great 3-point shooter. He really wants to catch, drive, and finish or kick. So, I really think Harden is a great matchup with him. Let Harden play off him and give up the 3-pt shot until Iggy proves he can knock them down. IF they want to go small, we can match them very well with Parsons/Garcia at the 4 on Barnes and with Beverley in Curry's shorts and Lin or possibly Brewer giving Thompson fits.

Just look up and own the rosters at the matchups. They favor us.

4. Know Your Role

We will bury those cockaroaches

5. Grinds

Grinds Member

Everyone who picked GS seems ignorant and/or biased. They think Iggy>Jack/Landry. Probably not, but even if it is an upgrade, that exchange isn't nearly as significant as adding Dwight while losing Delfino. GS was only 2 games better than HOU last year with a far worse win diff.

6. Grinds

Grinds Member

Edit- point diff (0.9ppg vs 3.5ppg)

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Warriors technically added Andrew Bogut too who changed their defense. He's supposed to be healthy at the start of the year. Dubs with a healthy Bogut last year would have had a better record. It all depends on his health.

8. Grinds

Grinds Member

I'll give them half credit for Bogut since he played half the season. Main reason for GS having a better record is their weak division vs Houston playing in the best division.

9. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Maybe im being biased but if a healthy Warriors team will atleast have a shot against almost any team. Ok, maybe not against Memphis (too much physicality and size). The big concern for this upcoming season for the Warriors will be Health. If they can get healthy mid-late in the season through the playoffs, Im very confident in the Warriors.

Im still hoping for Warriors vs Rockets in W.C.Finals :D

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You mean how they got to play the likes of Phoenix, Lakers, Clippers, and Kings 4 times last year, while Houston....also had to play those teams 4 times last year. :confused:

11. Aaron Brooks

Aaron Brooks Member

Will be a hard match-up.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It all depends on the health of Curry/Bogut and how much improvement Barnes has made. If those two are healthy and Barnes plays like an all star, it's going to be a really tough one. Of course, for us, Dwight's health, Asik's integration, Harden's D and JLin's J are the question marks; but I don't think they are that hard to overcome. The key would be for one of TJ and DMo to break out, mainly in the man D department. They will play a lot of small ball and it would be TJ/DMo's responsibility to hold the fort when we can't play the twin towers.

13. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Beyond the basic numbers that tell you that Golden State completely outplayed their point differential and had a ridiculous shooting percentage against contested shots on the floor (meaning they were lucky with their record and lucky with their offense), they were also incredibly reliant on a small-ball lineup that featured Jarrett Jack playing heavy, near-starter minutes while having a career season. This carried into the playoffs, where without Jack on the floor to handle the ball teams were able to simply double-team Curry and force the rest of the team to make shots. Curry is a fantastic shooter but still isn't a true PG, particularly given his ankle issues. He thrives on off-ball movement to get his looks nowadays. Even if the team stays healthy the entire season, I have serious doubts about the coaching and am about 90% certain that the team will regress overall and barely contend for a playoff spot.

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

True. Houston mainly got screwed in Jan when they played 8 games in 12 nights. They went 1-7.

15. Grinds

Grinds Member

Mostly agree except I like Mark Jackson as a coach. He seems to have excellent rapport with players and keeps them motivated.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wasn't it Hollinger that said point differential is a better indicator of how a good team is than team record? Even going by just team record why do so many people think the Warriors had substantially more wins the Rockets when that wasn't the case?

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Iggy vs. Jack thing really does show how people generally think of players. Is Iggy better than Jack? Of course. If I were to bet who will have the better season next year, I would say Iggy no brainer. However... if one were to compare Iggy with playoffs Jack, then that's totally different. Jack average 17/4/5/50.6% shooting. That is from a guy whose career per-36 numbers come out to 14ppg/45% shooting. So if you want to compare next year's GSW potential, you have to see whether Iggy can play better than last year's Jack and Landry. Not the future expected versions.

If the Rockets and the Warriors meet in the playoffs, I expect it to be a 3v6 or 2v7 matchup going the Rockets way.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Let's bring it on!

19. Grinds

Grinds Member

Yeah, John prob say it. Many experts across all sports agree... included Jayson Stark (baseball) who believes run diff is the best indicator.

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Your beloved warriors? man F the warriors i think they are one of the most overrated teams in the league this season. They just got lucky curry got on fire for a few games in the playoffs.