1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors never thought we would catch them

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They won 67 last season and came back this year largely in tact. Them winning at least 65 seemed realistic but they'll only reach 60 by going 7-4...injuries, apathy, whatever

Maybe it's the extra mileage after three consecutive finals, but that's life. They had a cupcake run the first time and no one outside Houston or China shed tears when Yao went down what felt like every other year or when rafer couldn't play most of the series against Dallas. **** that Lakers series

Hell maybe they think the games are too boring to play or watch that they're self cutting like emo b****es.

2. NK08

NK08 Member

Well, a large part of it was that we had one of the toughest remaining schedules while the Warriors had one of the easiest remaining schedules at the All Star break. Thing is that we then proceeded to go on a giant win streak against that tough schedule.

3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea no one remembers the regular season,injuries or even the series. People just remember who won and they look at how the series went.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nominated
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-of-the-week-competition-thread.289154/page-2

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

many people do remember regular season injuries and series, not only who won

for me personaly warriors winning it wasnt sign they are the best because i saw refs helping them a lot

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I hope that overconfidence carries all the over into the playoffs so they can knocked out in the 1st round.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Fake fan!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I didn't either. Mostly because I thought to beat them for the #1 seed, we'd need to win at least 64 games. Right now, the Rockets could do that. In fact, the only reason they wouldn't reach that total is either injuries or from resting players late in the season because they'll already have the best record in the league locked up.

10. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

2 games my dude

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I hope they struggle making it to the WCF. Playing Utah and OKC.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What annoys me most is . .. people act like the Warriors weren'y simply the healthiest team in thier first run.
    They did not beat a healthy team that whole playoffs.
    I don't think they faced a starting point guard.

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Also . .. like OKC . . . I think the Warriors get some of the most favorable calls in the league

Rocket River

14. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

[​IMG]

rox gonna break they back and trash their city.

forchette49 and Deuce like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Depends on what century but yea I get your point.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I had a buck for every time I heard Koach Krazy Krappy Kerr declare, with a distainful shrug, "I'm not worried," I could take my significant other out for a seriously expensive dinner. I think he's a bit worried now, and that his team is fast becoming the Worriers. Worry away, chumps. We'll see who's best in the playoffs. Look forward to seeing you there.

luckyman76 and ROXTXIA like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Or better yet, get beat up and come in the second round limping. No-one felt sorry for the teams that played them shorthanded 3 years ago. We lost Bev and no-one talked about it.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll do you one better.

Kerr sent some tweet to somebody, maybe a month or two ago, after a game in which Harden semi-shuffled his feet before hitting a three-pointer.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/2/1...sed-dm-warriors-rockets-come-on-fam-do-better

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr fessed up to a petty crime he committed when he accidentally tweeted on Thursday about his dissatisfaction with how James Harden is officiated. The real culprit of the incident, Kerr told reporters on Friday, is his new iPhone X:

I was reminded of the "accidental text on purpose" from "Curb Your Enthusiasm":

"What's an 'accidental text on purpose'?"

"It's when someone sends you a text that he pretends is meant for someone else. The text will contain information that will make him look better by being such a great guy ('oh, I don't deserve her, I need to make this right, she's been nothing but good to me', but it's really information meant to manipulate you."

Kerr pretending to send a message to someone else when he wants to get in the head of league officials instead. HA! Like we'd fall for that.

Anyway, Kerr with the team that gets away with murder. When I saw Curry get away with that Reggie Miller kick-the-leg-out-at-the-three-point-line, I was like, "Really? The 90's called. They want their trick back."

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Thats just great luck on the Warriors part. They cannot control the health of the teams they faced. I think every championship team has some form of luck happen for them. FWIW I still think they make the finals that year out of the west. If every team they faced along the way was healthy maybe they have to play more games or closer games, but they were really really good that year. Though I do think they would have lost the finals if the Cavs did not lose Love and then Kyrie in game 1. Maybe having Kyrie would have been enough to push Cleveland above the Warriors that year.

I think the injuries this late hurt GS but for them to try to play off not getting the #1 seed isnt important is foolish. The Warriors have not had to face any real adversity during their 3 year run outside of the OKC WCF and the Finals 2 years ago. Even then in the WCF if they didn't have home court they would have probably lost. I think they knew that too. It took a supernova effort from Klay to beat OKC in game 6. If 2 games were in OKC instead of 1 of the 3 they needed to win, I am sure they would have not been able to handle it. GS was coming undone until Klay went bonkers. The finals speak for themselves.

They've always had HC throughout the entire playoffs and finals, and this is a huge deal for them. Can they win on the road? Absolutely but having 3 pivotal games in Oracle (1,5,7) is a big deal.

Most importantly there is an assumption that GS can just "flip a switch" and go into killer playoff mode. I am not sure where this comes from since they've never shown that at all in their 3 year run. This isn't the Shaq and Kobe lakers or even LeBron's team where there is an obvious drop off in play. They've lost games with their full squad and it wasn't because they were coasting. GS biggest issue is turnovers and careless play. Thats what lost them the Finals 2 years ago and its going to be their Achilles Heel again this year. Thats not something that just changes over night. Its not because of lack of effort that they are losing (like the lakers, cavs/heat). Their bench has not been as strong this year, Iggy and Livingston have had subpar seasons as they've gotten older. I think if the two teams meet in the WCF it will be a very close series. I have to give GS the edge still right now given their history and playoff experience, but to pencil them into the Finals like its a foregone conclusion is silly.