1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Mark Jackson forces Brian Scalabrine reassignment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Overrated as a player and now as a coach.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did the Clippers coach themselves under Vinny? No team coaches themselves, but some coaches are way beneath the talent at their disposal. Bonehead is a screaming example. Vinny with the Clippers is another.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Scalabrine playing the role that Mike Woodson played on Mike D'Antoni's staff? Is he the guy that management wants to take over as head coach if/when Mark Jackson is let go?

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know, but if that WASN'T the case then it's hard to imagine they would let a junior coach stick around when he's pissing off the head coach. IMO they must see the potential in him to have a long career as more than an average assistant.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Good. Whatever turmoil GSW can incur will only benefit us. The top 4 seeds in the West are solidifying, but damn take a look at the back 4. It's a mess. We could face any of them. I don't need any of the bottom four upsetting the top four. I actually want to see all the juggernauts clash in round 2. It's gonna be a compelling playoffs so long as no upsets happen in the first round.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

fk jackson, probably the only coach who has twitter beef, CP25 ftw

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If you think Jackson was more important to their turn around than having Curry and Lee for pretty much all of an entire season I got a penny stock that'll make you filthy rich.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Have met Jackson several times in California on buisness and he is an ass hat.

He is very full of himself, thinks he is the smartest one in the room, loves to discuss his religious beliefs, will tell you he is a minister and loves his wife... who he claims is a star as well.

The reality is that he is dull, a huge hypocrite and doesn't believe 90% of the BS that flows from his pie hole.

CARRY ON.

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Scalabrine is the next Phil Jackson.

11. Katsu

Katsu Member

They'd probably be better if they coached themselves.

He lets Perkins do more than warm the bench rofl.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scalabrine is returning home! :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm Coming Home ... <a href="http://t.co/dJZYxdMpbD">http://t.co/dJZYxdMpbD</a> <a href="http://t.co/fmcWdDESrw">pic.twitter.com/fmcWdDESrw</a></p>&mdash; Brian Scalabrine (@Scalabrine) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scalabrine/statuses/496370783070224385">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ha, hilarious. He seems like an awesome guy to hang out with.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Scalabrine threw the D-League, the Warriors, Hidaldo, TX and Ognjen Kuzmic under the bus.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:grin:

"From the moment I signed with the Celtics, I knew this was my new home. Most of the people are just like me. They work hard, they play hard, and the passion they have for their sports team is unlike anywhere in the world. I had passion for my team just like the fans. I guess I was kind of like the fans except I had a courtside seat for free and if we were up by 20 with less than two minutes to play I would get to go into the game. Where was I – the great American city of Boston."

Seriously, read his "letter."

16. basketballholic

Now that was funny.

17. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

That may be the best collection of words ever put to paper, or in this case screen. I'd vote for Scalabrine if he ran for HOA President.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That was awesome.

19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't use the word hero a lot. But Brian Scalabrine is the greatest American Hero that this great nation has ever produced. I love this man. I have not smiled like that from an article in a while. And the picture is perfect.

#60 nickb492, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014