1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors favored to win the series -1100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bizzy045, May 18, 2015.

1. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

link

also from the same article, 82% of fans put their money on the clippers to win game 7..lol..what a joke. We were the home team with all the momemtum. let's just prove the haters wrong again.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, there's no reason to think that we aren't a massive underdog here. We are.

GSW is absolutely considered one of the greatest NBA teams put together. With a great coach, the MVP, the number one D, and a killer offense.

We aren't expected to win. In fact we conventional wisdom would be surprised if we make it to 6 games.

No one in their right mind would be picking us outside of us crazy fans, and even then, some of us are not.

Which all means this. How much sweeter it will be if we pull it off! But it's a big if.

3. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

i totally understand that we are the underdogs for sure..but -1100???? that's just ridiculous..rockets are +700..may not be a bad idea to put $150 down, to win over a grand.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This Warriors team hasn't played against playoff Dwight. They haven't played once against Terrance Jones or this Josh Smith. It's different now. Jones will have a easier series the Clippers were a bad matchup for him... I can say that about the entire Rockets team. I have a feeling we are about to make a bigger statement against GS. GS doesn't have the experience we have or the history of long playoff runs. People acting like this team is invincible... let's go out and kick this team's azz.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Why aren't teams employing the Iverson D on Curry? Force him off the line, then hard fouls when he's in the paint. Can he hold-up to that over a 7 game series?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that right? We can put $150 down and if the Rockets win the series we'd get a pay off over $1k?

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Truth. We're a different team. Hopefully they come in not realizing it....

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Exactly Golden State has simply not played this team. All games were played without either Dwight or without Josh Smith and Brewer. In other words we played without our center or without our key bench players.

I will be pleased but not completely shocked if we win.

9. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

Yup. $150 x 7 (+700) = $1050

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No wonder Voulgaris loves this Houston team, it's making people on the flip side tons of money

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

[​IMG]

Saw this on reddit... Is this really what ESPN posted?

LOLOL. I'm surprised it didn't give options for how many games the Warriors "let go" to the Rockets.

Would have loved it if the options were:
    Warriors in 4
    Warriors in 5
    Warriors in 6
    Warriors in 7
    Warriors rest starters, lose 1
    Warriors took mercy, lose 2
    Warriors is playing around with Rockets' hopes and emotion, lose 3
    Warriors decided to take early vacation, lose 4

Just because it's ESPN :) hahaha

12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Can someone explain the betting numbers to a non-gambler? like, i get the odds given to us are bad, just don't know how bad

13. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Yup, I can confirm cuz I voted on this poll, lol. I got pretty irritated and voted for the rockets, erased my history, and revoted like 5 times. Then i ran out patience haha. Does anyone know if that actually increases the number of votes? I can only guess it does

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn hahahah

15. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

-1100 means for every $1100 you put down on the warriors, you would only win $100 if warriors lose the series.

+700 means for every $100 you put on the rockets, you would win $700 if the warriors lose the series.

16. Jamers

Jamers Member

i kinda feel comfortable now that we're facing the warriors.. i know they're a good team and most analyst count us out of this series but i was more scared going up against the clippers.. i don't know why

17. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Thanks a bunch! Wow, that's pretty sh***y

18. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

small correction in bold.

19. rocketsmetalspd

That's what I have harping on. Also, the fact that the team only had Josh for 3 weeks prior to playing the Warriors with no practice because of the brutal January schedule. Not to mentiot no Prgioni and Clint is actually in the rotation.

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Where would one place a bet on this series with those odds