1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors fans ruin Chris Mullin's retirement ceremony by booing owner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Mar 20, 2012.

1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

That arena is only 30mins from me, I should of gone.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't get it

They boo for Monta Ellis? wtf why, it's not like they were anywhere near being a playoff team let alone a contender with him...

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

My take is they don't know who Bogut is, or what they're getting. They just know they got an injured center, and they had a small chance to make the 8th spot.

I live in the Bay Area & alot of the fans that go to games are casual fans, couldn't name anyone on the roster outside of Monta & Steph.

4. victorx91

victorx91 Member

Exactly that. I live in the Bay too, and I know for a fact that 75% of Warriors fans jumped on the bandwagon during the "We Believe" season and have retained their status as "fans" this whole time, even though not actually knowing anything about the team outside of Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry. It's great that they love the team, but they don't know **** about the team, or basketball itself. It's amazing how many females "fans" who are only fans because they find Curry and Monta attractive. Warriors are my team after the Rockets, and I am embarrassed about what happened tonight.

On the day of the trade, I saw a bunch of people I follow tweet "Andrew who?" and even a bunch of "He deserved those boos" tweets.

Losing Monta was a travesty among the hypebeasts and hoodrats in the Bay Area.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

That's embarrassing. I can understand the Rockets fans booing Leslie Alexander, but this is outrageous.

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This shows what true, hardcore fans think of a team that's tanking. Les and Morey are doing the honorable thing by trying to rebuild the honest way.

7. victorx91

victorx91 Member

The Warriors were 36-46 last year, and 26-56 the year prior. The year before that? 29-53. You would've thought they were already tanking... but nope. Those were the last couple of years with a duo of Curry and Monta.

Check out Marc Spears' twitter rant tonight.

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Playoffs? Playoffs? So even if the Warriors miraculously made the postseason, which was a long shot, what would they have done vs OKC?

1h Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Did Ellis take GS to a title and bunch of playoff appearances? Did I miss something? Monta can score, but Bogut was a 2010 all-NBA center.

Meaning uneducated in what Andrew Bogut can bring...

There is now even more pressure for Bogut to succeed. Too bad most GState fans are uneducated.

8. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Chris mullin is all class!

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rick Barry talking about class....smh, just smdh:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Pjhl1G1W-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<embed src="http://www.videohippy.com/player.swf" width="555" height="431" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="width=555&height=431&file=http://www.videohippy.com/flvideos/../flvideos/206328.flv&image=http://www.videohippy.com/thumb/1_206328.jpg&displayheight=270&link=http://www.videohippy.com/video/206328/Rick-Barry-insults-Bill-Russell&searchbar=false&linkfromdisplay=true&recommendations=http://www.videohippy.com/feed_embed.php?v=bb9Qfp3Sfo&feature=y" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

10. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

The Warriors owner should have taken the Vince McMahon approach and let out a gargled, "SHUT UP I'M TALKING HERE"!

1 person likes this.
  11. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

You think Les watched this and it confirmed his anti-tanking views?

12. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....hijack-mullin-number-retirement-to-boo-owner/

It could be a bunch of things that just built up.

I would be pissed if they moved the Rockets further away from me. I am still pissed the Rockets say they want to stay competitive yet continue to make lateral moves. So if the owner rarely shows his face and decides that this is the one time he is willing to come out some fans might take that chance to boo him.

I dont think they should have booed considering it was Mullins night. I do understand why they might have.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this

awesome fans

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

East Bay?

GS fans love Monta, particularly after that 07 series where he crushed Dallas. I don't think they're happy with an injury prone Bogut - that and the fact that Monta came back last Friday and dropped a ton of points on the Warriors at Oracle.

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

haha, that was kind of awesome.

Dude should have just launched into it, instead of letting them get more worked up. So many dumb pauses and angry looks.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Maybe they were actually angry about Stephen Jackson being traded....

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LOL I used to live in the Bay and following the trade Facebook was blowing up.

Even had some stupid fans saying that Milwaukee should have taken Andris (while I am thinking GS absolutely owned Milwaukee in the deal even if you account for taking on Jefferson).

I like Monta, he plays with a TON of heart and passion. I can't blame GS fans for loving Monta. But in a league in which bigs are rare and you are getting an elite one, you should be celebrating this move.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Don't hijack this thread by saying ignorant s*&t AGAIN.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Honestly though, I am surprised that it took the Warriors this long to honor Mullin.

He made the HOF before getting his jersey retired. Don't they usually retire their greats right after they retire?

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

...Just got real.