1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors agree to three-year deal with Shaun Livingston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I wonder how we would do if Morey kept Livingston.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Capologists will surely rap me on the knuckles if I've strayed offside here ... but I believe Livingston deal means Warriors now hard-capped</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484147543807643648">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That means further roster changes for Golden State can only come via minimum signings + trades now. Bi-annual went to JO'Neal last summer</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484147831360741376">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, good signing for them.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">@ESPNSteinLine</a> Yes they are. And that hinders their Love chase.</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/484148293879226368">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm very happy for Livingston. He's come such a long way after the injury. Warriors can't continue to rely on Curry creating everything and this moves him off the ball some of the time.

On the other hand, if this signing locks up the Warriors for the summer, other WC teams should be very happy. They remain a pretender.

6. what

what Member

i didn't know shaun livingston was still in the league.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

He started for the Nets most of this season. He took the job after a dominant performance against the Heat IIRC

8. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I like this signing. steve blake bye bye(yes!)

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to mention he turns the ball over... a lot.

Livingston would have actually been a good get for the Heat. But I really like this little move for the Warriors.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Those of you advocating Curry playing off-the-ball with Livingston, where does that leave Klay? If you stick him at the 3, you sacrifice Iggy. I would imagine this is move was made to strengthen the bench.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Livingston cannot shoot....

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Solid move by the DUbs

I always liked him and wasn't sure why we got rid of him injuries aside.

Was it because he doesn't fit with Moreyball and can't shoot 3's at all?

541 career games and only about 50 attempts at 19% from downtown.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He isn't a 3pt shooter. And I guess Morey didn't see any upside in him at that point of his career.

I've always liked his game. Good handle, great vision, nice midrange and finishing around the rim. And his length makes him versatile on both ends. He's better all around than both Terry and Prigioni.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I actually am really waiting to see what Nick Johnson does next season. He didint see as much time on the court this season, but I think next season we'll see a major jump in his play time and performance.

15. AXG

AXG Member

16. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Why are we talking about this scrub? He was almost out of the league due to a horrific career ending knee injury. I'm surprised he can even run properly so how is giving him the full MLE a good move ? If he missed 2-3 of his shots we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. He was just lucky.

Should we have went full MLE on JJ Barea and Austin Rivers? And if we advance to play the Cavs it will be Matthew Dellavedova asking for 6 mil per year? These players and the situation is very similar to paying Lin 8 mil per year and you saw how that backfired on us.

What do all of these guys above along with Livingston have in common? They are certified bench scrubs who get lucky and go off on is because our PG defense is atrocious. I wouldn't touch any of these players especially with their ridiculous or soon to be ridiculous contract. I'm glad Morey didn't bite on this one.

Let this thread die off. All these guys will be irrelevant in the near future.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Even if the Rockets had kept Livingston, they would have had to renounce his rights to sign Dwight. I guess they would have had a chance to resign him instead of Aaron Brooks.