1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren Sapp is an embarrassment to football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by El_Conquistador, Nov 25, 2002.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Also, I dont want to go back and look it up, but whoever brought that "black" issue up against Another Brother is completely out of line.

2. Timing

Timing Member

You are a wise man B-Bob, I will keep my coins from now on. ;)

Good point about Romo.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear you Pole, and pardon my continuing stream of niceties, but you also have my respect. Your "texans" post earlier was hiliarous, by the way.

I disagree with you to this extent: most posters on this BBS, however rarely, will say, in essence, "well, I see your point even though you disagree," or "I respect your point," or even, "I've changed my stance a bit in the face of your arguments." This happens to all humans who truly engage a topic and respect the participants, IMHO. You could be right in that I cut Timing and Hayes too much slack because I agree with them more often, but I do think a certain line of disrespect, hostility, malicious intent, and complete inflexibility can be crossed. I guess it's a judgment call. I mean no disrespect or malice to anyone who has crossed that line in my view, but I will save myself trouble of course.

I really like reading from most of the "conservative" posters, and often times, I learn more from them than when reading from my more liberal colleagues. Cheers.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Thanks! I'm happy to brighten your day and expand your knowledge base. :)

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

It was the same dude that admitted to pissing in a milk carton to keep from going to the bathroom.

He was way out of line, as is TJ, but because of my race I've found that people don't think I can be racially objective, so I stay away from the conversations.

6. IVFL

IVFL Member

Okay this was a cheap shot, sorry I am late here, but this has to be said.

The play is going ------------------> this way

Sap is going <------------------------ this way to make a block

Last time I checked you usually want to block someone in the ball carriers path and not some guy that is semi jogging 30 yards behind the play.

it would have been a good hit had it been to take out some one that was in on the play but he was not. the guy was like 30 yards away. and as fast as sapp was going he had a 20 yard head of steam on him. That means he had time to think this through. The ball was past him when he turned around to hit someone behind him. THINK about that.

Sapp is a thug for this, plain and simple, was the hit "legal" yeah it was, but so is driving 75 on a free way, does that mean you drive that fast in a heavy rain or a blizzard, NO. This hit was way out of line and if I was Sapp I would watch my back, cuz you know there is a huge target on his back right now.

If anything that was bad football fundamentals, maybe is sapp had blocked the other way around his D would have scored a TD instead of being tackled at the 4 yard line.

7. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

In most states, it is illegal to drive 75 on a freeway in heavy rain or blizzards.

8. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

I think Sapp is a p***y who made a legal hit. He'd kick my ass, but if I was a 300 pound all-pro lineman, I wouldn't go after limping lineman, 60 year old head coaches, or 180 lb. assistant coaches. I'd try to lead the league(or even my team) in sacks, or focus on stopping Ahman Green behind the line of scrimmage. Sapp doesn't respect the game, if he did he wouldn't have argued with Sherman. If he wasn't in the NFL he wouldn't be on welfare, he's a marketing(self) genius.

9. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

The only reason someone else on his team is leading the league in sacks is because of him.

10. Major

Major Member

I'm happy to address the issue of connotations. Sapp's speech leads me to believe he is:
    1) lacking intelligence
    2) immature
    3) self-absorbed
    4) disrespectful
    5) without remorse
    6) incapable of controlling his emotions
    7) incapable of articulating his views in a civilized manner

Dude, this list describes you pretty well, T_J. :p

1) Quite obvious :)
    2) Rookie, amateur, case-closed, etc
    3) Please bear in mind that I am a very sexy man with many options.
    4) I'm glad he's a good football player, because otherwise I'd be helping to pay for his welfare check.
    5) I prefer to employ the psychological warfare tactics of belitting people, summarily dismissing opinions, and emphasizing finality of arguments, whereas you like to host more civil debates.
    6) [can't control something you don't have]
    7) You are like a mockingbird. chirp chirp

:D

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I most certainly have emotions. There was a great deal of yelling, arm waving and stomping around yesterday at my place after Moochie turned the ball over with the carrying violation.

12. rezdawg

Yes, along with the time that the shot clock ran out on him.

And the time he missed the 1st free throw.

And the time he missed the 2nd free throw.

And the time....

13. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

It was a clean hit, plain and simple. It doesn't matter how far away from the play it was or how fast the guy is running. When your team makes an interception, you find the nearest opposing player and you knock the **** out of him. It's taught from pop warner to the pro's. Don't like it? Think it's too rough? Then go get your skirt cleaned or make a freaking cake.

14. rezdawg

Im with you on this 100%. This game is for men, if its too rough, then go buy some new panties.

15. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

You mean he has an erection?

17. B-Bob

LMAO! Now THIS is a respectful, productive exchange of views! ;)

18. B-Bob

Geez, AB. Just because about 18 probably-white posters flame you each time you make any post that includes the word 'white,' 'black,' or 'race?' Just because people say you are blinded by your skin color? You're SO sensitive! ;) And besides, white people can't be blinded by their skin color. Duh! They don't have any! :eek: ;)

19. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

"Pole" hmm....

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Getting hit is part of football. What if Kelly had reversed his field to try to get the touchdown, then taking out that pursuer could have made a difference. You don't ever assume you are not going to get hit, and you never play less than 100%. That is how people get hurt. As for celebrating, that is what most players do after a big hit, and Sapp more than most. He does it to get his team fired up and to demoralize his opponents. Looking at the Tampa defense over the past few years, I find it hard to argue with the results.