1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren Moon on Mike and Mike

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by weslinder, Feb 1, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Anyone else catch this? It was good to hear from him again. He's really been out of the news. Even with his HOF induction, he didn't get much. Golic picked on him some for not thanking him in his HOF speech. Even so, he was promoting his book: Third and a Mile: The Trials and Triumph of the Black Quarterback. He didn't write it, but he and Doug Williams were the major contributors. It looks like a really good read.

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Outta of the news? The Titans had a big cremony for him and reitred his jersey. He also does radio for the Seahawks. He's been doingh the autograph circuit lately since his indcution. He's a busy guy.
    http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=4160

3. msn

msn Member

Yeah, after all those great football moments Warren gave Freaking Nashville, it's great that they had all those ceremonies there. :mad: :mad:

4. weslinder

There's football in Nashville? Why would anyone put a team there? And why would Moon care about it?

(ryan17, If your only examples are the Traitors ceremony for him and Seahawk radio, I think that is pretty much out of the news.)

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arent the green bay packers the only team in the NFL actually owned by a stock holders in green bay?

The Packers are currently the only non-profit, community owned major league professional sports team in the United States. Currently, a total of 4,750,925 shares are owned by 111,967 stockholders — none of whom receive any dividend. [3]

No Bud Adams/Modell/Al Davis moves for that franchise.

I believe Moon cared cause Bud Adams owned the Oilers and he paid Warren.
    The Oilers weren't owned by the city of Houston.

Imagine if there was No Bob McNair and that it was just shareholders. What would have happened last year at the shareholders meeting? hmmm

6. msn

msn Member

(insert youtube of southeast asian congress fistfights and mayhem)

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Where are all the Texan superfan/VY haters to remind us that this is the wrong forum?

8. msn

msn Member

Warren played in HOUSTON. He never played in that one-horse, one-tooth town in center Tennessee. This *is* the right forum.

Screw Nashville, screw the Titans, screw Bud Adams.

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

You can say screw Bud Adams, but he gave Warren a chance when no one else would. Hell, without Bud Adams we wouldn't have had football here to begin with. I hated how the Oilers left, but the economics of the NFL were not as good as they are now and it was a business move with alot of Lanier-Adams personal stuff thrown in.

I will always remember the Bud Adams gave Warren a shot in the NFL and is now giving VY a shot. That is more than I can say for Bob McNair. McNair jumped on the NFL bandwagon when it was white-hot. Bud helped start the AFL when there wasn't nearly the kind of money in it as it is today.

I am not a Bud apologist, hell I hated him for ripping the Oilers away and making them take down the scoreboard in the Dome, but being older now I can appreciate the right things he has done.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

to be fair and accurate, houston wasn't the only team bidding for his services when he cast his line the NFL's way. iirc, they beat out seattle, among other teams.

my stomach just crawled out of my ass and shot itself dead.

11. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I really think the Texans need to honor more of the Oilers legends. I wouldn't mind seeing a statue of Earl Campbel and/or Warren Moon outside of Reliant Stadium. IE...the Baltimore Ravens have a statue of Johnny Unitas. The results of the Hall of Fame vote will announced on Saturday and more than likely Bruce Matthews will be voted in. He'll be the last Oiler to be inducted. And the city of Houston and the Texans should do something to celebrate this occassion.

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

(ryan17, If your only examples are the Traitors ceremony for him and Seahawk radio, I think that is pretty much out of the news.)[/QUOTE]

What do you want Warren to do? He's not living here. He's up in Seattle. He's in the news. Just not the Houston news.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If I were a Texan superfan/VY fan hater I'd remind you that he doesn't play for the Texans, Astros, or Comets.

14. msn

msn Member

Don't ever post about the Cougars, Owls, Aeros, or 1836 (err Dynamo) here, then. This is the "Houston Sports" forum. All about Houston, baby.

Luv Ya Blue!

15. weslinder

Or the national news. I was just glad to hear from him. It's been a while.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where are the warren moon haters? where are the he had a bad relationship with his wife so he's not a good QB people?

What do the Raider fans do in LA when Bo Jackson wants to have some ceremony?

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

(strange double post)

EDIT

:confused:

#17 IROC it, Feb 1, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

He's always on the Fox Sports Show "Totally Football."

They call him their "resident HOFer"

Here's the current link..."Moon Man" goes deep (look down in the video links)

So, yeah... he's nowhere to be found. :rolleyes:

19. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Bad Example. Good Example= What do Rams fans do in LA when HOF running back Erick Dickerson wants to have some ceremony? Bo Jackson wants nothing to do with pro sports. He's totally out of the spotlight. I read an interview in SI that some guy asked Bo who he liked in the Super Bowl and Bo was like, "I don't know who's playing."

20. weslinder

People from Los Angeles don't have that long of a memory. The Raiders have been gone for more than a week. They don't even remember them.