1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

War on Terror Stops Missile Smuggling Plot In NY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 12, 2003.

1. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

nice try Bush

FBI sets a guy up, busts him..

this isnt stopping terrorizm

this is set up for the same media that bush says is to blame for the slow eco, that people are too busy watching the fake stories he creates to go spend money

this administration must think the american people are idiots

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Every time Bush's poll numbers go down the color threat level increases, whats it at now Mauve I believe. This all reminds me of the war on drugs at its media peak. Everytime new info would come out about how drug use amoung this group or that was increasing-- there would suddenly be a giant bust to show the public how the "war on drugs" was really a success. This bust is the same nonsense in my opinion.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Trader_Texxx, care to respond? Since you're so good at finding stories that refute others, I figured you simply overlooked this one.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Trader_Texxx posted at 10:48 in his thread about the Democrats "lie" being exposed. Still ignoring this one. Surprising.

Even though I do understand that surfing the available males over at Match.com does take some time.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Please. This in no way refutes the fact that this was a win for the war on terror. The origins of this report are based on hearsay and are quite questionable, at best.

Anytime we put an Al Qaeda sympathizer who claims that "Osama is a hero" and is willing to buy and sell missiles capable of shooting down airplanes in prison is *certainly* a win for the war on terror. You guys are grasping at straws at this point. Another swing and a miss.

6. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

Imagine a drug deal where the DEA was selling to the FBI and one guy was set up as the go between. That's what this operation was. They caught one guy, a known arms dealer.

It does not prove Al Qaeda can get shoulder held missiles, or that it is looking for them - although I've no doubt the latter is probably true and the former may be.

The plan was to set this guy up, then flip him to help find true Al Qaeda types. When the BBC broke the story, that opportnity went out the window. I commend our guys for being on the hunt. However, the initial story grossly overexaggerated the significance and amounted to another example of the Bush administration torturing the truth beyond recognition.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Look at how desparate the liberals have become. Now they are reduced to attempting to denigrate the latest victory in the War on Terror? The United States captures a dangerous Al Queda leader, and instead of being happy about our nation becoming safer, the liberals choose to find fault and attempt to undermine the success. American voters have long become tired of this routine. Perhaps that is why the liberals' power base is reduced to virtually nothing.