1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

War on Terror Stops Missile Smuggling Plot In NY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 12, 2003.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

...and we find it easiest to think of you as the sexually-challenged freakazoid who claims to be straight yet surfs ads from men on internet dating websites. Oops!:D

2. Timing

Timing Member

What's with the tizzy today bigtess? Were you and lil TJ unable to buy any at the strip club last night?

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Typical T_J. No attempt to answer or join the argument in any way. When bumper sticker slogans fail, criticize aesthetics and (my favorite) invent accusations from whole cloth (MacBeth's a liberal) and repeat them over and over hoping they'll stick. I mean, do YOU even believe the crap you post? Lately you have become the lousiest, sorriest debater in this forum. On your side, giddyup, robbie, Hayes, Max, the late Refman, Mr. Clutch, treeman (I'm sure there are others) all argue in good faith. They all answer questions posed to them without resorting to your laughable tactics. treeman's disappeared for whatever reason and Max and Ref have slowed down in posting, but all the other guys above have actually stuck around and actually debate and argue. You, on the other hand, seem to have no thoughts of your own, can't keep up in a debate and disappear at the first sign you're losing. And then, occasionally, in the most hilarious of all tactics, claim victory.

Call the 7 questions boring, invent the idea that MacBeth thinks they're 'great,' say they're poorly formatted, criticize spelling of all things.... Anything to avoid answering them. Because you can't. Not because they can't be answered -- there have been some fairly thoughtful answers to some of them by some of the guys mentioned above -- but because YOU can't answer them. In the face of that, divert at all costs. You are so not worth the time I just spent typing this.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hi i'm right-winger A look how far I can piss,
    Hi i'm liberal B you can't piss far at all, look how far I can piss,
    Hi i'm neo-con C I can piss this far,
    Hi i'm far-lefter D I can piss farther than anyone...

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He walked right into that one...

6. Batman Jones

Yeah, I love these kinds of posts. Call it a pissing contest, feel superior. Say all politicians are liars, feel superior. Dismiss any position, sincere or not, as partisan, feel superior. Don't vote, roll your eyes, call anyone who actually cares about anything a blind ideologue, feel superior. The easiest thing in the world is to say everyone's full of crap, but that doesn't make it an intelligent or original opinion. In fact, it's not an opinion at all. It's the opposite of one. I have far more respect for those who hold positions diametrically opposed to mine than I do for those who think holding any position is dumb. I may think they're wrong, but at least they care.

This isn't a slap at you, by the way, King. If I remember right, you do hold sincere positions. I just never roll my eyes as hard as when I read this kind of eyerolling post.

7. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I agree, although all the headlines make it sounds like they caught the *buyer* and not the seller. OTOH, it's good they caught someone who would be willing to sell it into the US, but based on the number of shipping containers that come into this country uninspected, it's impossible to stop someone who really wants to get some into this country.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This posted by Batman Jones right after saying:

Ah, hypocrisy at its finest, and all within one afternoon!

EXPOSED AGAIN

:rolleyes:

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Keep it up guys, I love it :D. Pissing contests rule :cool:.

10. Batman Jones

Whatever Troller_J. Difference is in Cheetah's post everyone's full of crap. In mine only you are, which, by the way, is the commonly held conventional wisdom on this board. You've got three or four backers here, but then even Dave Duke and Lyndon LaRouche have a few supporters, so I hardly think my previous post was controversial. By the way, you didn't answer the question. DO you believe the crap you post? I really can't tell.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

He wasn't saying everyone was full of crap. He wasn't refusing to take a position.

I honestly don't think you get some basic level stuff here; whether that's a comment on your reading skills, your intellect, or your zeal to make a point getting in the way of your ability to assimilate information I don't know...but Batman's point was that those who merely roll their eyes and criticize every position merely because it is a position is flawed. What that has to do with his criticism of your posting style, well, I guess in your world there's a connection.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

No Batman (and MacRambler, you listen too), what you just illustrated to us is that it is not "an intelligent or original position" to call someone's post "crap". This came literally *minutes* after calling my post crap. So therefore, you do not think you yourself are either intelligent or original.

This is Paul Harvey.

GOOD DAY

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Sad, really. Batman, let's just leave it; he clearly can't distinguish between a position based on a generality vs. one based on a specific. It is wrong to say that all black men are criminals, or that black men tend to be criminals...according to T_J, if you hold that position, you cannot thereafter say that any particular black man is a criminal. Really sophomoric.

As he shows more and more of his intellectual processes, I become more and more convinced that, in general, he actually believes that he's won a lot of these arguments, and it isn't all just bluster. I think that, deep down, he knows when he's using typos to avoid responding to a post he's just bs-ing, but I think that when he actually responds he considers his points valid.

#73 MacBeth, Aug 13, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2003
  14. Batman Jones

All cats die.

John Wayne is dead.

Therefore, John Wayne was a cat.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think you guys know where I stand on most of these issues, I just found this particular back and forth exchange of ideas humorous. I guess I just can't believe how Trader_George can layout the same nonsense along with his minions and suck the intelligent folks ;) on this board into a tit for tat that will take up most of everyones day. But would we have it any other way...of course not. :)

KC

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

One down and only 749,999 more to go!

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ashcroft and Ridge don't enter to this at all. It's great that these were caught, but it wasn't because of anything Ashcroft and Ridge have done. It was because of work done by U.S. Intel agencies.

18. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Actually, you have a point. I was thinking the same thing a little while ago; I usually avoid being insulting or personal, and I have been both with T_J. The fact that he does it first, all the time, and complains about it doesn't alter the fact that I have done things I wouldn't normally do.

Partly it's a response to the overall dissapointment I have regarding the pro-war people who repeatedly insulted me, my intelligence, patriotism, courage, objectivity, parentage, and right to live now being for the most part nowhere to be found, or if here avoiding owning up or at least facing uncomfortable issues, and T_J's constant posting yet constant avoiding posts or entire threads he can't argue, and piling really weak excuses for same on top of it made him the easiest target for my frustration.

That said, I do feel that, not in what i said, but in some of the ways I said it, I sort of emulated some of T_J's usual tactics.

All that said, he has become a cartoon character in here.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry to say, but as a neutral observer, I have to tell you that T_J owns you guys. I am not talking about who I agree with or not, but he owns you. :)

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the urge, and sometimes fall into it myself. As far as TJ goes, I honestly think he is genuinely on the side he argues, but has more legitimate reasons and a different understanding than what he presents. I believe he goes for the responses he does not to win an argument, but to elicit a response and then laugh at whatever phsyche game is involved. I believe that 80% of the time any TJ's true reasoning for taking the positions he holds never shows up nor will it ever show up on these boards. Instead I think he enjoys playing the Conservative arrogant characture and getting a kick out of the reaction. I believe he knows the cartoon character like persona he has in here, and enjoys playing the part.