1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Thunder are trying to stay alive in Dallas -- it's Game 6. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WaPo] Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

But where's the fun? The goal should be on Bobby's ignore list, that's an achievement of note!

el gnomo likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You dont know what Hillary or Trump did but yeah 100,0000 worse. Cool story

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

LMAO. Clearly you did not read the whole quote. But you go on believing what you want.

From post #85:

"The White House has got to do something soon to bring itself under control and in order,” Senator Bob Corker, Republican of Tennessee and the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, told reporters, adding, “It’s got to happen.”

“Obviously they’re in a downward spiral right now and they’ve got to figure out a way to come to grips with all that’s happening,” Mr. Corker said.

Asked about the larger effect of the disclosure, Mr. Corker said, “To compromise a source is something that you just don’t do, and that’s why we keep the information that we get from intelligence sources so close as to prevent that from happening.”

Now would be a good time to STFU, if you were smart but you are not, so knock yourself out.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well documented what Hillary did and she was cleared by the FBI - led by a republican.

Trump - there are credible sources saying he let highly classified info slip to the Russians - while a president has every right to disclose whatever info and intel to our enemies and unwittingly reveal intelligence gathering secrets to Russia who will then let Syria, Iran and other parties know - it is far worse that having some stupid emails about news articles on drones getting out.

But seeing as how you are a blind rapid partisan, you obviously won't agree as talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Astrodome and JeffB like this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This nicely sums up the liberals' collective intelligence and maturity.

By the way - has the Russia golden shower story been confirmed by the NYT and the Washington post yet?

6. dmoneybangbang

No.... just the story where Trump disclosed classified information to Russia that even Republican Congressmen can't condone. But hey.... he's the president and can declassify whatever he wants.... AMIRITE?

[​IMG]

Do you sum up conservative knowledge and maturity? I'll be awaiting my replies unless you too scared.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know right. However I'd say it was people allowing others to spread mis information that got us into this mess to begin with but hopefully we are at a point now where hopefully people's eyes are open.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Lol I believe I'm on it. BobbytheFlake couldn't take any more of me calling out his uber-dorky, momma's-basement-dwelling, donut-eating, no-life-having virgin ass. The truth hurts.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm far more fiscally conservative than you are, socially probably also but relative to you the american taliban probably seem liberal.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Look at the Trumpanzees leaping into action. *giggle*

I got a laugh out of Laura Ingraham being used as a discrediting source. I mean, what, Pat Robertson too busy?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just him commenting about the story and giving his opinion about it in theory, again it has come out that those things didn't happen.....so while you really want to believe, you are just embarrassing yourself right now.

It would be like if I asked a congressman about if perjury was bad, they'd tell me it was.....and that wouldn't mean that anyone in particular was guilty of that.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, McMasters denial doesn't deny anything. So if the classified information can be tracked down by what the information itself was, Trump didn't have to reveal the source. The source will likely be found out and killed. We get no more information from that source, and it may dry up a lot of other sources as well.

A tool to bash Trump with is far down the list of why this is important. Trump looking bad is only a by-product of leaking information to Russians, and information that may hurt future intelligence gathering, and possibly put a source in danger.

13. dmoneybangbang

I got on there by constantly quoting sources that directly contradicted ole bobby. The straw that broke the camels back was me qutoing a peer-reviewed article on how blacks, regardless of income up until the highest tier of high income, were more than likely to face jail-time than their white counterparts that directly contradicted his position. Haven't heard from him since.

CometsWin, TheRealist137 and el gnomo like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Basically.

"If this was all so above-board and not problematic in any way, why did the National Security Council coming out of this meeting feel it was necessary to contact the CIA director and the director of the National Security Agency to give them a heads' up on what Trump had just told the Russians?" Miller said.

The Washington Post story did not say specific sources or methods were discussed, but does cite officials who said Trump revealed the city within ISIS territory where the US ally had detected the threat Trump had discussed.

CNN had previously broken the story on the intelligence that Trump reportedly discussed -- that ISIS had been devising ways to plant explosives in large electronic devices and defeat screening systems intended to keep them off aircraft.

At the time, CNN agreed to withhold key details, including the name of the city where the threat was detected, at the request of US government officials, who were concerned that if it was revealed, it could also reveal intelligence sources and methods.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

At least three members of Trump's administration (including Pence) said that Trump fired Comey based on recommendations he received from Deputy AG and AG. Yet Trump then said he made the decision. And hey, Flynn was Trump's previous Natl Security Advisor. I am not so sure that I would be putting too much confidence in anything they say.

Especially when they carefully craft their statement... and take no questions afterwards.

16. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Washington Post & Buzzfeed run with a false story. Certainly not the first time this has happened. Always funny watching the media make fools of themselves.

Would not be surprised at all if Trump leaked this story as part of a mole hunt to identify leakers in the administration. If so, somebody has been busted and is definitely freaking out right about now.

Astrodome likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Dat NYT too... and Reuters... and Congressional Republicans who have an idea of what's fake and what's not.

However, I have zero doubts the Trump Co. is leaking out information in order to catch those who are leaking it, but this doesn't seem to be the case so far.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the story is true, given the stuff a Trump let's slip out of his mouth. Denial from Trump officials isn't evidence to the contrary.

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if the leak came from a source who's trying to take down a Trump, since he has a lot of enemies in Washington.

It looks like most people will just believe what they want to believe -- whatever makes "the left" look bad or whatever makes this administration look the most incompetent.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So sources who were gravely concerned about tthis sensitive information being leaked just leaked it to some reporters in order to relay that concern?

That seems kind of odd to me.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really dont know if I can stand another 3.5 years of this s**t. Its like watching Buster Keaton do pratfalls by tripping over his own feet for 36 hours straight. It's hilarious the first hundred or so times he does it, but eventually it just becomes boring, tedious, repetative and stale.

The Donald just can't get out of his own way. 3.5 more years of this stumbling and bumbling... Jesus.

And the entire Republcan base needs to head to Al-Anon ASAP, because you are all codependent enablers and this presidency has been like the video of David Hasselhoff eating a hamburger. You aren't doing the man any favors by pretending nothing is wrong and everything looks fine.

#140 Ottomaton, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017