1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WaPo] Republicans want to limit college student voting rights

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Depressio, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought this news was more than a state representative... like one that sits on the House.

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It would appear O'Brien betrays his own foolishness simultaneously as he neither

a) explains why the voting patterns of young college students are foolish (other than not agreeing with his own personal opinions on the subject)

or

b) gives a detailed picture of the alternative he is offering and why it is any better.

Unfortunately, this has been rather common as of late from the GOP post the Obama election. Much complaining, little explanation.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'
    This is not surprising. Republicans would take your vote away if they could.

No one wants other people to have power. When you are the rich, you definitely don't want the poor, minorities, college kids, and old people to have power.

So first they make the Supreme Court bend over and get them to allow companies to spend an unlimited money bribing officials with campaign money, and now this.

I mean, all this does is make me wanna get rich more. I'd rather be the one pulling the strings. Wealth is being redistributed, and the level of stupidity in the country is letting the rich consolidate power now.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If they favored Republicans, that would be evidence that they were not foolish. :cool:

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yeah, just r****ded. ;)