1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wang zhizhi represents everthing that is wrong with China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by michecon, Jul 15, 2002.

1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

News flash: Wang is planning to take part in the second phase of SLG as well, in the meanwhile CBA sends staffs to the US.

For those who care, Wang represents everthing that is wrong with China in these days, IMHO. CBA being short sighted and stipulating ridiculous rules, while Wang obeys no rules and oblige no promises. Darn, rule is the rule, and a promise is a promise, personal credit should worth something. And Wang is also a soldier? And more shockingly, it seems most people pooled in CHina support him.

For those who want to argue about the personal freedom, don't forget Wang has the option/freedom not to join the army basketball program when he was 14. The system chose him, and he chose the system also, just he doesn't want to honor them any more.

Imagine, Yao Ming break the promise to Houston and want to join NY in stead. Well, he cannot do that.
    Hopefully Wang will work out, and Yao will be more mature than Wang.

#1 michecon, Jul 15, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2002
  2. napster

napster Member

Disobeying a 'promise' from China?

Somehow, that doesn't make my list.

Many of these 'promises' aren't voluntary.

3. Shanghai_boy

Shanghai_boy Member

I sustain Wang.
    [​IMG]

4. michecon

If you need to be informed, that's in the CONTRACT. Enough said.

5. michecon

And you guys worry about China back out the deal? Why the standard is different?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he should honor his contract with the CBA, if he signed it he should honor it.

However, Wang is his own man, and he can do what he wants, he is in a Free country now.

By the way, if Wang is supposed to honor his contracts, then why can't china uphold our copyright laws concerning Movies and Video games?

:)

DaDakota

7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know how the US would support Wang if he defected? Would he be allowed to stay here and keep all his salary from here on out? I don't blame him for doing so if he has the chance. I wouldn't want to be shelling out half of my millions to my government. Besides, if he goes back now they'll probably never let him come back.

8. jams3y

jams3y Member

**** china and their bull****... look at ming, you can't even get out of the country w/o signing a contract guaranteeing you'll suck their dick for the rest of your life, so no, it's not "enough said"... and just because he signed something when he was fourteen doesn't mean ****... i have no doubt in my mind there were mitigating circumstances, and if there weren't? he quit / renegged on a promise, whatever... nicely done zhizhi, telling them to, in effect, suck your "wang".

#8 jams3y, Jul 16, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2002
  9. Panda

Panda Member

Wang broke his promise of going back before Yao was released to come over. The Chinese government agency has been quite open minded and supportive towards both Wang and Yao. They are sending two coaches over to see Wang and hopefully bring him back. The most they can do is to fire Wang out of the stinking national team had he refuses to go back. As to who's right or wrong in this matter, I tend to think a word is a word for a man.

10. Shanghai_boy

Shanghai_boy Member

Rude words...:mad:
    You don't know China at all!

11. michecon

I fully support the crack down of copy right infringement for profit activity. In fact, easy money throgh copying is hurting the Chinese film as well, commercially and artistically. Although I am bit unsure about the Napster-symdrom activities.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dude, it wasn't China that socked to Yao. It was the CBA and the Sharks. Its the same as the music industry over here. Nothing different. Yao got into a bad contract and has to pay alot of money to get out of it just like TLC. People are the same in every country. Greedy and power hungry.

13. cwww

cwww Member

I do hope that Wang will go back to China to join his national team training after the Southen California Summer League.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I just realized something. If you lower you maturity level (easily done with lack of sleep) its still hilarious to read "Wang" Zhizhi posts. :)

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Once they join the World Trade Organization, it'll be easier to enforce trademarked and intellectual property.

kubli9,
    The real question would be whether the NBA would support Wang's defection. Getting Yao to play here was the Rocket's equivalent of pulling teeth without painkillers. Imagine how hard it would be for future generations of Chinese players to play in the NBA. And on a broader scale the NBA, like all the other American coorporations, are licking their chops at the massive marketing potential in China. A defection, even if the NBA shows total disapproval of it would make China wary.

Wang defecting would be a b**** for the NBA mostly while the State Department might also have hurdles to jump over...

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see what copyright infringements have to do with this. If pirates in China don't respect copyright laws than Wang doesn't have to honor his contract?

Wang may be in a free country (though I think the name needs some qualification), but he is here only by the grace of the Chinese and American governments. He's not a citizen. He's not even a permanent resident. He is a citizen and a solider of China and subject to their authority. Is an American soldier afforded the luxury of saying, "no thanks," when given an order?

As I've said before, I think he's a total punk for disobeying the recall. I was a fan of his but won't be from now on. Nor will I shed a tear if they drag him back to China and never let him out again.

Btw, kubli, if you made millions in salary in the US, you woul shell out almost half to the government in taxes.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you make over a million dollars a year. . you shelling out a hell of a lot of it to your government

ask most lotto winners

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So when americans go abroad. . . . should they be kewl with their freedoms being confiscated?

Rocket River

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Juan,

I make games for a living...it was meant as a joke...no real connection.

River,

No.

DaDakota