1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walt Williams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BanginScrew, Nov 12, 2002.

1. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Just wanted to bring the Wizzard up again now that he's had a few games with Dallas. I don't really remember how he performed when he was with the Rockets or what his role with the Rockets was but the few games he's played with Dallas he has been amazing. Well maybe amazing is a bit much considering he only plays about 10 minutes a game but for those 10 minutes he is playing very well.

His only job really is to rebound, and hit the open 3's he get. He's already recorded 2 double/double's for Dallas, and has stuck about every single 3 pointer he's shot. By the end of the year Walt could be a huge pickup for Dallas.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

His role in Houston was basically to hit the three. He was great at it when he was hot, but he was very sreaky about it. Personally I really liked him as a Rocket and wouldn't mind having him instead of Rice on the team. He was also good at pump faking and driving to the basket.

3. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

I went to the Mavs v. Phoenix game. Walt bricked about 5 threes in that game. He couldn't get the Mavs to 100 points. Therefore I didn't get a free Chalupa.

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

He's performing about the same statistically as he did for the Rocks in limited playing time. The only problem I have with Walt as a Rocket is Rudy gave him PT over KT at the 3 last year.

5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Do you remember when they handed out free big macs when a team scored 120pts?

Those were the days.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually he only has 1 double/double. His rebounding in each game has been: 4,4,0,2,11,4,6. His 3 point percentage is around 43 which is good but far from hitting "about every single 3 pointer he's shot".

7. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Maybe it just seems like he's hitting every three because he's hitting the one's that count the most. There's been a couple of times already this year where he's hit a three that killed the other teams momentum. Like in the game against the Pistons ... NVE missed a three, a Maverick got the rebound and then was stripped by a Piston. As the Piston started up court he passed to another Piston however Walt stole the pass, and drained a three ... At the time the Pistons were on a little run but that three just killed it. Walt has done that about 3 or 4 times already this year.

8. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I'm glad Walt is doing well. But for the Rox backup 3, I prefer the Hawk over the Wiz any day.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I like Hawkins better to I would rather have a streaky shooter with good D then a streaky shooter with soft D.

10. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I don't see why everyone wanted to get rid of him so much. He was a sure 10 ppg.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I do. When the rockets would get close people would start chanting, Big Mac, Big Mac...

Ahhh those were the days.

12. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

The Wizzard was HUGE for Dallas lat night. Dirk, and Nash were having off nights, and Walt came through with 14 points off the bench. Including two huge back to back 3 pointers in the third period that started a comeback from 13 points down.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I remember when you would get a fried chicken dinner from Ron's Crispy fried chicken if the Rockets scored 135 points. Dunleavy hit the magic shot at least 3 times.

14. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

What I remember about Walt:
    If he played well the team was very effective, just remember the 2nd half of the season 2 years ago. He caught fire and it gave us a nice offensive option.

When he was playing poorly the team played poorly

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I am happy that Walt is getting time in Dallas. He wouldn't fit in here.

16. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Walt doesn't even play D. He reminds me of Matt Maloney- the stand alone gunner.