1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walt Williams' rap career: A sample.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnutts, Dec 20, 2002.

1. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

Warning ... some explicit language.

Wizzard:

"Just Too Much"
    "Get It On" feat. Trina
    "DC MD VA"

Verdict? For me, he's better than Shaq, AI, Kobe, etc ... but I think Dana Barros would slay him.

Here's an online review of his album:

EURweb REVIEW: Walt Williams - 'Insight of a Wizzard'
    by TeJai Maxwell

If you thought that a hooper could never be a serious rapper and be good at it too, think again. From the basketball court to the recording studio, Walt Williams, AKA The Wizzard, has managed to succeed in not one, but two professions.

Williams teamed up with long-time friend and business partner, Dave Jordan, to form Big Waad Records, from which he was the first act to drop. Appropriately titled "The Insight of a Wizzard," Williams' highly anticipated album is 16 tracks of well thought out lyrics that speak nothing but the truth about his life experiences. Whether Williams is rapping about the experiences that he had in the NBA or on the streets of Washington DC, his flow in genuine and original.

Having already determined that Williams' lyrics and flow are "Just Too Much" (the title of his first single), there's nothing left to mention but how tight the beats are. Some are full of soul and others are as funky as they want to be, but all of them will force you to bob your head.

The album "Insight of a Wizzard" features guest appearances by Chyna, Stretch and Trina (the baddest chick), plus more. All of which add their own touch, but not too much (no pun intended), to their respective songs.

So don't let any past experiences with ballers-turned-rappers that didn't quite make the grade ruin your judgment about this one. Walt Williams' "Insight of a Wizzard" is definitely an album you will want to add to your music collection.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, so now he is a rapper. I hope that does not get him shot soon.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Don't you remember last season, during one of those half time shows, they showed Williams recording this album. I didn't like what I heard.

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

HAHAHA, Walt would look so stupid rapping lol, sorry.

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

that was better than i expected. not 'face or biggie or pac or jada or lox...but better than webber and shaq and barros and (my gawd) kobe.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Why talk about a Dallas Maverick on A Rockets BBS? Williams is gone from us , and a good job he is!!

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

"Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray"

8. moomoo

moomoo Member

Yeah.

Walt is nothin' without Jammin Jeff Hagedorn holdin it down in the background.

:D