1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wallace loses it

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tacoma park legend, Dec 21, 2002.

1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Suspensions galore are about to be handed out by the league.

Rasheed Wallace hits a game winner against Golden State. While he's celebrating, Chris Mills and Bonzi Wells get tangled up, leading to some shoving, leading to a complete donnybrook (I love that word) between the two teams.

When it looks like the melee' has come to an end, a fan apparently spills a drink on Wallace and he just loses it, climbing into the stands and getting a few swings in.

Expect a 5 game suspension, minimum (good thing for the Rockets, since they've somehow managed to get to 14-11)

What I want to know is where the HELL was Earl Boykins to calm things down?!

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that fight wasn't wallace's fault. mills was the one who started it. wells was holding himself back. the end part was the fans fault.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

What about the middle part? I think that might've been Wallace's fault.

Also, you can really tell a fight has gotten out of control when it's a veritable trilogy of violence.

Rasheed Wallace is a 6'11" version of Mad Max, mentally. He might drop 50 on you, but he's also insane and might snap and beat you featureless.

4. Skip To My Loom

It was the jailbalzers fault for not restraining themselves.

5. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

So it's the Portland Trailblazer's fault that the Warriors and their loser fans could not contorl themselves. It's their fault that Wallace hit a game winner and the Warriors were not mature enough to accept the loss like real men. They were simply defending themselves, I really hope no one on the Portland squad is suspended, if anyone is suspended it should be Murphy, he came in throwing in punches.

6. Skip To My Loom

ok, I can understand the blazers defending themselves against opposing players, but going after fans is out of line. How was Wallace defending himself by going after that bald middle-aged guy half his size up in the stands? :rolleyes:

7. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Well if you know Wallace has a temper why would you push his buttons, that guy either poured his drink on him or said something to him. I know if someone said or did something like that to me, I'd probably react the same way and I'm a whole lot more stable than Wallace, although his technicals have been down this year.

8. Skip To My Loom

Wallace needs to take some anger management classes then...

9. Puedlfor

It seemed that Wells was the instigator for the fight, so don't portray the Blazers as the harmless saints in this, crazy Pippen fan.

10. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Wallace has tried this and I'll say it probably has worked to a certain extent but probably has not fixed him all the way yet.

Pued how do you figure it was Wells, his team won the game, Mills was in his face and I don't know what he would have expected to do but Wells would have probably kicked his ass like Wallace did to that dude in the audience.

11. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

A guy loses control of his drink, I'll go into the stands and maul him with my nearly 7-foot frame!
    Gee, sounds fair to me... :rolleyes:

12. Puedlfor

Yeah . . . Mills was in his face because Wells pushed him in the chest.

A lot of players are going to get hammered by the league for this.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I wanna fight rasheed. I would love to kick his ass, maybe stick a basketball straight up his ass. Maybe reach into his throat and pull his heart out, and put it in Bonzi Wells throat. The good stuff like that. I would like to see someone actually go Kermit Washington on Rasheed.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kam, you are a sick, sick, sick man :D. This might get this thread locked...

15. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

bonzi has a history of being "not so nice" to white players--the spitting on danny ferry, the "soft white boys" comment about dallas. i wonder why troy murphy took it upon himself to attack bonzi at the end--bonzi might have been making some offensive comments to him during the game. or maybe murphy just likes to fight. from what i understand, bonzi was already fighting with mills and usually a third person doesn't just come up and start throwing punches.

16. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Danny Fortson vs. Rasheed...now that would've been good :D

According to the Warriors broadcasters, there were no punches thrown by Murphy. They also don't see any suspensions, just lots of fines. BUt they figured the fight occurred because the Warriors were pretty pissed about losing.

17. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

additionally, i read that mills stood in front of the blazers team bus and challenged people to fight him. kind of ridiculous, but you can probably imagine what bonzi must have said to him before they started fighting.

18. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

No suspensions from a full out brawl? Ha....haha.....haha.

I especially love the "Loses control of his drink" comment Riiiiiiight, more like blatantly spilled it all over Rasheed. There's no way you can "Lose control of your drink" that far away from your seat. **** was flying from all over. Sorry, but you can't blame this all on him, no matter how bad you want to. Sometimes the fans have to realize that if they piss off these huge men they will pick the wrong one (Rasheed Wallace....HELLO!) and they will get their ass pummelled.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Loses control of his drink?? Yeah, ok, more like tossed his drink on Rasheed.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, this looked like it was more on the Warriors, but since the Blazers have such a horrible rep, people are going to automatically assume it's their fault, including espn.com.