1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wake Me Up When the Playoffs Start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Mar 27, 2007.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

In the last couple of weeks I I have lost interest in the Rockets for the first time in twenty years or so at least until they start the playoffs. I haven't watched roughly 8 out of the last 10 games.

It is sort of like the baseball season in which I wait till the playoffs to watch the Cardinals and, of course, occasionally the Astros. :rolleyes:

I am eagerly waiting for the Final Four in the NCAA BB Tourney to continue. Go Gators.

Maybe my interest in the Rockets will pick up once the NCAA Tournament is over.

2. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

ya i havent watched the last 3-4 games. i did see R2K's highlights. can't wait for playoffs...scared, but excited!

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

r u kidding me? these last 20 games are crucial to whether they advance or not w/ home court for the taking.

plus, we want to see when yao is really consistent again. and if tmac has now turn up into his playoff gear.

and w/ rafer, u can never have "off" nights :D

4. glynch

Who cares about home court? If the Rockets play well, they will go deep into the playoffs and I will be satisfied with THIS season. I don't expect them to win it all till they get a better pg or perhaps pf.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Were you interested in them at any point of the season?

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

7. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

I don't know what it is about people that care enough about the team to join the message board, yet they will not watch the team until the playoffs. I think it might have something to do with how you watch the game. I have a group of friends/family that we usually watch the games and its a social event. But if its just you on your computer next to your TV, that might be a different story. I know the times when I watched the game by myself I was more interested in being on the computer. But I still cared enough to see how they were doing every couple of minutes.

I suggest some of you go out in public or find some friends that you can talk with while the game is on. Watching the Rockets play while being able to talk with people you know makes the experience much more enjoyable. Its like going to the movies, you can't go by yourself.

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I personally DVR every game and watch it after the real game ends. I don't know who has won yet or anything so its cool. You fast forward the commercial and half time its great actually.

I haven't missed one game this year and don't plan to, the dvr way is the way to go

9. glynch

Yes, of course, and since about when they got to the playoffs against Larry Bird unexpectedly. Since then I have always been interested in the Rockets.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ahhh... it's just the mean one... Mr. glynch. He's interested, don't worry. He's just trying to steal Christmas around here. ;)

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I watch every game period, since 2002. Before that, I would miss some here and there. Championship yrs I lived out of town.

If I miss a game, it is dvr'd

I admit, some games are ehh, but I still watch them ALL.

12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

havent missed a game the entire season... i did that last year until i knew FOR SHURE that the rockets season was over... i had lost hope last year :( ... hopefully it will never happen again

But for real these last games are important.. because of home court advantage.. i NOW even find myself watchin nba tv to see if the Jazz are losing or not... i wasted my time stayin up just watchin the score to make shure the wizards would beat them... but they choked...

All i gots to say is.. i cant wait for April first agianst the jazz i will be there ... im bettin that it will be as loud as the home opener agianst the Mavs...
    "YOU WERE FOOLED" - Tmac on April fools day lol

13. glynch

Not really. It is wierd. I must admit that I started following UT BB and Durant more than the Rockets for a while and once UT was eliminated I find myself just watching the rest of the tournament more than the Rocs.

I am not trying to steal anybodies else's Xmas or whatever.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have been watching the games, but they are not generating alot of excitement right now. They appear to be going through the motions, somewhat. They are playing hard, but not exactly inspired basketball. It is a very, very long season. Fatique? Conserving energy for the postseason? A bit aprehensive? Personally, I think that the vets know that they must play over their heads to advance far. That's alot of pressure. Like two seasons ago, the Rockets still need more talent. They know it, we know it, the other teams know it. But, it still should be a fun ride, however long it lasts. If they are bounced out in the first round, I don't expect to see several faces here next year including JVG's. A trip to the Western Finals would exceed my wildest expectations. I still believe it could happen, but it will be tough, brutally tough.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You sound like a St. Louis Cardinals fan. If so, your opinion holds no weight with me. Snooze away! ;)

16. glynch

Can't help it. St. Louis-- a real baseball town and where I lived most as a kid. :)

I am a Rockets's fan. Isn't that enough to be on this forum?

#16 glynch, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Wait, wait, wait...FIRST TIME? So that means you didn't get bored in our lottery years and the crappy years following the Twin Towers era and right before the champion eras when our second best player was Vernon Maxwell?

You're stupid.

18. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Aren't we feeling civil :rolleyes:

19. YugoRocketsFan

I watched every single game since I became a true fan, 04-05, watched them all. 05-06, watched em all, even when we were in the lottery, 06-07, watched most, but didnt watch when I was either at work, or Europe.

20. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

:: punches him in the face ::