1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waiters has seizure on team plane from too many “gummies”

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamQuake, Nov 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#21 J.R., Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

One gummy!?! What a lightweight

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Not exaggerating, I was high for 3 days after eating some potent brownies. I thought I had brain damage

B-Bob, BigShasta and RustyHarden like this.
  4. jayland

jayland Member

Maybe it was a jumbo sized one?

[​IMG]

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Sounds like he couldn’t handle the bud.. stick to cbd weak boy

NotInMyHouse and juanm34 like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"Teammate" has been identified as James Harden with a pack of Trolli.

[​IMG]

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10 game suspension costs him something like $800,000 . . . THAT was an expensive piece of candy

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

There is a huge ****ing difference between a seizure and a panic attack and I am not trying to minimize how serious panic attacks can be for some people at all.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

These edibles and vaping issues are giving mar1juana an unnecessary bad rep.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

apparently there's a 12M bonus that is lost by missing too many games.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I was thinking the complete opposite, that a seizure seems like a reaction to hard drugs and the Heat let that news get out for when they attempt to void his contract. It being Waiters camp seems hard to believe, since the best case for them is that he find a team willing to take on his contract and play him. Having a more severe reaction to drugs looks worse, I doubt that gains sympathy from any team looking at him.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That is definitely the case, especially in states where it is not legal. That use to be the case in California, because the amount of THC was not being measured and products were not being regulated (lower quality ingredients as well, I have witnessed some have bad panic attacks). Now that it is legal for recreational use, I have noticed that products are clearly labeled with amount of THC and seem to be less concentrated.

As far as the laws, it varies by state, but there is some overlap of regulations on the federal level which are unclear to me. Since flying is federally regulated, its possible he was breaking federal law traveling with it. Some states allow for air travel with cannabis, but again the laws around this are unclear to me since the destination airport would need to allow for the same.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry for not being clear, I was strictly curious about whether it was legal or not for the players to do under the NBA rules, not state or federal laws, I'm well aware of those laws lol, thanks for the response though. And the answer to my question is that yes, it's still against the rules for players to consume mar1juana even if in a state where it's legal (like CA), Dion was suspended 10 games today a couple of hours after my post.

14. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

I ate a crap load of thc gummies once because I didn’t think they worked .. an hour later I was sitting in my recliner high as heck trying not to pass out cause I thought I wouldn’t wake up lol. Would’ve been enjoyable if I ate the right dosage lol. Took like the whole day to feel normal again. It wasn’t bad or anything I just ate way too much for anybody to handle

Jayzers_100 and amaru like this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

16. Buck Turgidson

Fun Fact: NFL and NBA test for pot as a 'drug of abuse'. MLB and NHL do not.

17. Nook

Nook Member

LOL....