1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wait so...GS wins Curry's GOAT. GS loses NOW he's only 70%? Wow smh

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeemthagreat, May 25, 2016.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine if LeBron was putting up the performance Curry is while getting beat by a team that won 18 less RS games. He would be getting ROASTED.

Curry plays bad and it's "well he's obviously injured." If he's healthy enough to score 15 in OT his first game back, then no excuses.

2. Major

Major Member

I don't understand this post. You stopped watching ESPN a while back because you think they are biased and ridiculous. But then you're complaining about them now? What exactly did you expect based on what you thought of them, and why do you care if you don't watch them?

3. tksense

tksense Member

From what I can see, I feel that all those praises has gotten into his head, he now forces plays and want to be the man instead of deferring to steph and Klay too much. Kerr wasn't quite able to contain his ego anymore. In theory green needs to play the "right way", but he's busting something else from the inside which gives him some cognitive dissonance. His interviews sound defensive right now and he seems unsettled in his play.

Otoh, Curry is obviously not dribbling around like he has all season. His agility and ball control is nowhere near normal. Remember his tennis ball elbow? That gotta affect his shot as well.

It's not like since GS loses that ppl claim he's injured, it's more like Curry is not moving like he normally does, hence he becomes ineffective on the court and loses games for GS. He misses layups badly and passes up shots as if he knows something's wrong.

Remember Curry shouting "I'm back" with animated emotion? If he's not hurt to the extent that he worries about his performance, he wouldn't feel that big a deal to release his tension. In the end he's back for one game and then plateaued at mediocrity. Even in the come back game, the tnt crew/Barkley said the adrenaline would get u through the first game back but it bites u afterwards.

For those who say they're lucky I guess it comes full circle now. GS is obviously hobbled imo. Barnes also seems to be affected by free agency/refused contract.

They've been playing mediocre by their standard for 2 months already, perhaps from complacency, hubris, or the lull of lack of challenge. What's worse now is that Curry is not saving them with crazy spurts anymore except a cameo 2min.

Series hasn't even been competitive yet.. This WCF GS team would lose to a few other teams as well when Green and curry is **** like this. We'll see what happens from now if they show up or not.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree
    but In all honesty
    I am very disappointed by Love's play

HE is becoming the poster boy for great stats on a bad team

Rocket River

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry has a ring

6. MD_in_Training

I didn't see Curry pass up any open shots last night. He still looks like he can move well enough on plays that he scores. That's the problem here... how exactly do you tell if someone is ineffective because they're playing badly against a swarming defense versus someone being "injured." In fact, who isn't "injured" at this point in the season? I'm sure if you did a thorough examination of each team's roster, essentially every starter would have what can be classified as an injury. Remember Iverson and how many injuries he carried around in the Finals, while putting up big numbers? Remember Jordan and the Flu game?
    The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter if you're injured. It shouldn't be used as an excuse for sub-par performances. Is Draymond injured too? Kevin Love must surely be injured. Kahwi and Lamarcus too. You either play or you don't play. The biggest irony here is that GSW has been arguably the HEALTHIEST team in the playoffs in the last two years. Now that they're playing a healthy OKC team and losing, GSW apologists are pulling out the injury card. It's pathetic.

7. tksense

tksense Member

You're right and most teams are hobbled at this point in the season. Everyone knows that. Everyone knows 2009 bron had the elbow issue. Most athletes don't like to admit injuries and rather play through them. The key is to what extent are they capable of performing as normal.

As fans, we will have no problem if players give us the same product despite injuries. When curry proclaims "I'm back" we thought all is well. Rarely would any players make excuses for themselves. However, journalists and fans can see whether they're getting the same product or not. Curry is playing differently now, and he did get hurt on three incidents recently.

"Apologists" can find reasons to explain this different Curry that they see. Curry has never been cocky or made excuses himself, so observers have nothing against him. Otoh, Lebron did at various times rub ppl the wrong way, being cocky or throwing ppl under the bus etc. So when **** goes wrong, "haters" will poke holes at the guy instead. Very basic human nature.

Attitude scale: curry good, Lebron medium, harden bad. That's where the so called double standard come from, and it is not double standard by viewers, they earn their reputation, the players hold themselves in different standards.

8. tksense

tksense Member

Draymond is becoming more a head case than last year. Again, ppl start asking about injuries because they're not seeing normal capacity performance, it could be due to pressure, due to OKC being overpowering etc. but the public have seen enough of gsw over two years, including them facing healthy OKC in regular season.

Curry is not sharp and had hardly played in the first two rounds, so this is the obvious variable, and a reasonable topic to question about. It doesn't mean curry is the reason they're losing, but curry certainly isn't being the savior like he had for like 70 games of the season.

Anyways, GS defensive chemistry is also really poor now. Remember green was throwing a fit at half time in the regular season OKC game? That didn't bode well, they'd dragged along winning some more against poor teams until now that, I guess, Green's volatility is fully manifested.

They deserve to lose cos they're not playing well. It just looks like gsw is not challenged at peak form; this same gsw would lose to couple other teams too, so I guess that's the luck part. OKC is "lucky" this time. Unless somehow green rights the ship and empower the rest of the role players to step up, as well as curry back to being a positive.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He's playing differently because he's not getting wide open looks all game long, is facing bigger defenders that are being allowed to be physical with him, and he actually has to play defense. Not because he's hurt.

10. Harden's beard

pretty much this

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You have to overpay with size.

Morey aint overpaying ****.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's getting smoked by THE BEST PG in the NBA!!!

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Although he refuses to admit it, I think he is hurt. The most telling play was when he had the ball and was being guarded by Steven Adams on the perimeter. He wasn't able to create separation and ultimately forced a contested jumper that Adams blocked.

Earlier in the season, in the same situation, Curry was doing whatever he wanted against Adams.

14. Harden's beard

Steve Kerr says Steph Curry's struggles not due to any injury

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/steve-kerr-steph-currys-struggles-due-injury/story?id=39380444

[rQUOTEr] "I know he's not injured -- if he were injured he would not be playing," Kerr said. "Is he bothered a little bit, perhaps by the layoff when he went three weeks without a game? He may not be quite where he needs to be, but it's not an injury, and that's the important thing." "It's the playoffs, and nobody cares," Kerr said of Curry's knee. "Everybody has issues and injuries." [/rQUOTEr]

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If the Warriors lose, the narrative will be that Curry sprained his mcl in the first round and never fully recovered.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Respect to Kerr for those comments. He's right on.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/steph-currys-knee-slowing-numbers-show-opposite/story?id=39399027

18. MD_in_Training

Or... maybe the entire OKC front court has had time to prepare thoroughly for perimeter defense against Curry, and now can somewhat anticipate his moves. The reason why Adams was able to block that shot wasn't that Curry wasn't able to step back quickly enough, it was that Adams anticipated this and jumped forward at the exact right time.

19. Nook

Nook Member

So do a lot of players.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I mean, if ESPN says so, then I believe them. Why would a respected organization make up stories?