1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wages of Wins projects ~64 wins next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by just a word, Jul 9, 2013.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think alot of you are under selling this team and how good a Howard/Harden combo is em with parsons and others Around them. Anything less than 55 wins is a disappointment. The rockets should be challenging for the the number 1 seed out west. There's no reason other than injury to not expect this team to be a top 5 team ok The whole NBA.

The rockets are going to be very very good next yr even though we just added the biggest free agent on the market. I think ppl foget that dwight is one of the top 3 players in the league. You don't add a player like Howard who is really unique with james harden and company and not expect huge results.

Personally I think 59 wins with the Rodney's reaching the west conf. Finals, anything less to me will b a huge disappointment.

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

And im the ****ing tooth fairy. There is no way in hell this team wins 64 games this year with how deep the western conference is. Not unless every team in competition suffers major injuries at the beginning of the season.

I think we win 50 games this year. Next year we may win 57 if we continue to add pieces. This is Houston, no way we will ever sniff a 60+ win season with how much the mainstream media hates our town.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their is going to be some adjustment. I expect 53-57 wins at most.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My expectation is 58 wins. 2-3 seed. Pressure is a good thing.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

59 wins. We lose the last few games because of rest. It almost has a feel of We against the world this season.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

My FULL REGRESSION ANALYSIS puts us at 55-60.

-Harden is the best SG in the NBA and will only get better.
    -Howard is the best C and was starting to return to peak form in the second half of last season.
    -We should also expect major improvement from Chandler. From first to second season, he went up in basically every category and even became even more efficient despite usage going up. And his playoff stats improved over the regular season, putting him on a very strong upward trend. Plus he is pretty clutch.
    -Asik also became more productive in almost every category on a per minute basis despite increased usage and going against starters. He is going to absolutely shred second units if we keep him.
    -Lin can be dumped for another player without really hurting the team. Maybe swap him for a middling PF, let Harden run the point, and sign Tmac to be our starting 2.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really don't see Asik playing that many minutes with Howard.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I imagine we struggle out the gate like most newly assembled super teams do. I think we'll start out something like 21-14 and finally click then go 34-13 and finish with 55 wins.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

54 wins would be more accurate, let's just wait and see until all rosters are set.

10. Classic

Classic Member

Yea, I think 64 wins is possible if this team had the type of chemistry the whole season that it will only likely have in the 2nd half of the season.

Is it Oct yet?