1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wade Smith on Sports Radio 610 AM just now:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can agree with this, even if SImmons has his limitations too tbh...but yeah. The problem is i don't know if the Sixers have picks outside of their own.

Tbh, i find it kinda hard to think about a package i'd like to take back if we end up with moving Harden...

Ainge still has Tatum, a 1st rounder from Memphis which should be around the 10th and 16th though, so, nothing really great, and i don't even see a fit in Boston for Harden at this point, i mean, they could still trade Kemba but i don't know, seems all too compicated, Ainge might not even want to trade Tatum at this point.

OKC has the picks and a great young player but for them it makes no sense to trade for Harden now.

I feel like the Knicks, Phoenix, Kings and maybe the Pelicans are probably the teams with the best pieces at this point, cause they have some young players with potential and all of their future picks which would be big considering we are talking about the worst organizations out there, there would be potential in a trade with those teams to set up a terrific rebuild.

The Bulls and Wizards are other trash organizations with some young players with potential under control, but i don't know... especially on the Bulls there's no one i really like that much tbh.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Technically not all-star level this year, though.

amaru and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

It would definitely have to include a top-5 pick this summer and another future 1st rounder, combined with near-all-star guy and another rotation player.

If you're letting go of one of the game's very best players, you need to milk that trade for everything you can get.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I totally agree with you, for me it would be a must in that trade to start by getting back a piece that has a good chance of turning into a solid franchise player, whether it's a top pick or a player with that kind of potential like Tatum, Fox, Young or whoever you think that is.

topfive and malakas like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ingram over Booker is a joke. I also take Booker over WB and CP3 pretty easily. Technically not, but clearly is.

topfive and Aruba77 like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

booker is the best young player in the nba not named giannis

7. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Luka?

D-rock, Mathloom, amaru and 2 others like this.
  8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

We can’t win a championship with Harden.
    Here is the deal with Harden YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN HE IS HUNGRY

L James hungry every nite
    K Bryant was hungry every nite

Harden you never know

9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao

D-rock likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

How did I miss this dumb sh*t? Harden for loser Booker and Ayton? Put the crack rock down...

D-rock and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don’t think he does it. I know Celtics fans that wouldn’t take him for free. They’ve been through Kyrie. Is Harden that? No... but there might be some diva type issues with him just given his play style. Ainge would obviously take him for free. And he’d certainly take him for a variety of packages. But I don’t think Tatum is in any of those packages.

Tatum has become REALLY good defensively. He’s so versatile. You can slot him anywhere 2-5 in some lineups.

Is he as good as Harden? No. Will he ever be as good as Harden offensively? No. But with the defense , and offense that will keep getting better, he can be in the conversation for best two way player in 3-4 years. He’s still so young.

Ainge isn’t trading that for a 30 year old star that doesn’t play defense and has struggled with some disappear games and moments in the playoffs.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Y'all are pathetic

Lawlruschang likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Forgot about Luka.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

If we were going to do some trades I would prefer we trade everyone not name Harden and Russ. And tried to surround them with good shooters or athletic young guys with just a few veterans. No more than 2. What harden needs is better shooters all that spacing always goes to waste when our guys are bricking wideeee open shots.

Just try it for 2 years and if it doesn’t work trade both Harden and Russ after that.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yes let CC go
    No…harden no for sale
    that will be f*cling stupid trade a future HOF player who keep making history yr after yr

malakas and D-rock like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would ask Tilman if he is willing to give Morey the autonomy to go over the LT line and decide what is worth paying the LT for, as well as becoming the decision maker on how to deal with MDA's contract.

If he allows Morey that, no I don't trade Harden.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thread is a joke.

DeBeards likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Yes for Booker, Ayton, Oubre, 2020 first round pick, 2021 first round pick.

Trade WB while his stock is as high as it will be for expiring contracts to match salaries and 4 future first round picks.

Same goes for Ego. Expiring salaries and a combo of picks.

We’re not winning a ring this year. Next season Harden and WB will be 31 and 32. We don’t have the cap room or flexibility to make any significant moves that will make us a legit title contender.

We all love Harden some obviously way more than others and it would suck to lose him but this isn’t about Harden. It’s about our future. Ask yourself this. Can you honestly see us winning a Championship in the next 3 years? I just can’t see it.

We’ve had a better/younger Harden, deeper/more complete teams in the Harden era and we weren’t good enough then, we aren’t good enough now and we won’t be good enough when Harden, WB and Ego are pushing 35.

J.R. likes this.