1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wade Smith on Sports Radio 610 AM just now:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jan 31, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont think Booker will ever be the player Harden is. He might go down as a more efficient scorer, but he doesnt have the passing ability or handles Harden does to really carry an offense. That's just my opinion. Its not crazy to consider the trade. I just think if Harden goes back to what he was earlier this year(and he will) and we make a good trade then we gotta shot to win this. I'd like to take that opportunity before thinking about anything else this season at least.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dumb trade idea blended with a click-bait title! Well played!!!!

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's been at 34% and 30% AST % these last two years, something Harden didn't top til his year 25 season (Booker is on his year 23 season now). Absolutely he does it a different way, but we've come so accustomed to Harden as PG/ISO ballhandler assist man, there's lots of non PG ways to do it.

Or put another way, while I still think Booker in this MDA space system might work as a ballhandler, I think it equally likely that he needs a real PG playing next to him.

Different era, but Kobe for example is probably a better comp in terms of the type of creator Booker is.

The bigger concern is that he's not really a good defender himself, and that's Harden's #1 issue.

I'd of course rather Tatum. He can almost guard all 5 positions... though not as great offensively...

Perhaps biggest comment would be if you move Harden, and/or Harden+Capela... there are better packages out there. Which may be true. But Boston isn't trading Tatum for Harden straight up if they could, for example. That's a VERY HARD NO from them. In terms of current allstars, MAYBE you could get Bam, Sabonis or Ingram back in packages. MAYBE. Would you want that anyway?

It's all hypothetical, but fun just for lack of anything else to talk about...

HP3 likes this.
  4. deshen

deshen Member

No, Capela was drafted here and developed here, he is the only player I'd like to keep.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

**** no

D-rock likes this.
  6. Patience

Booker is not 23 year old Harden. He can’t even sniff the playoffs. Harden has been a winner since day 1.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm.....intersting. Well he's never been the primary ball handler in either year. Harden was the dude when he got here in Houston. Booker does it in a different way but that doesnt make it better. Booker has the best team he's ever had and the Suns are league average in offensive efficiency. Harden got here his first and we were 12th in offensive efficiency and the very next year we were 6th in offensive efficiency.

And that is true, he does need a good PG next to him, which is why I think Harden is better, he doenst need one. Booker has a lot of potential as a scorer. But I see him as the second best guy on a championship team, not the first if that makes any sense haha.

I get the comparisons. I just dont know if Booker can really lift your offense. And thats my bias though. I've never valued pure scorers, even very efficient ones, because they cant raise the team ceiling as a whole.

Yea defense would def be an issue, its the same deal with Tray Young.

Hmmm....I feel like perimeter defense is a bit overrated. Sure Tatum is a good defender, but how valuable by itself is that really? I think I'd take Booker over Tatum haha. Im not trying to be combative, im really just thinking about this from who I'd want haha.

No.... prolly not. I dont like pure scoring players like Ingram. I think hes really good but Im not really sold on him like that. Tatum.....idk, they still have Jaelyn Brown, if I was the Celtics...I would def consider trading Tatum. Harden/Capela on that roster is championship material.....like Bucks woulndt stand a chance. Then again, I dont know how Harden would fit in that offense....hard to say, I think itd work.

Lol well if we dont win this year,.....we'll be having these conversations alot in the off season believe me.

8. Patience

Trade proposal: let’s trade the core roster of a playoff team for the core of a perennial lottery team. Sounds great.

xaos, D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hey if y'all want dumb scortched-Earth trades then you need look no further than my recent posts. No need to start a thread over this bum's random trade idea.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's a maybe? ;)
    The stats/numbers are good. All-star quality player. Can he carry a team to the playoffs & be that number one guy? I have my doubts. But you're right, Phoenix has done him very little favors.

Yes, I want it all! :)
    So let's just say Booker + filler + maybe one pick or Ayton + Oubre + multiple picks? Yeah, call me stupid/crazy, I might take that 2nd package.
    For all of Harden's warts/criticisms, they've made the playoffs every year and never had a losing season (41-41 was their worst).
    Do you think Booker/Ayton can do that or is capable of that?

Suns probably do say no? but Harden did go to college there (for whatever that's worth, ha).

Doesn't have to be the Suns. (Although obviously that's what Wade Smith proposed.) Any team that is "close" or "one player away". Boston? Miami? Philadelphia? Indiana? Denver? Utah? Dallas?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winner, winner, now we got chicken dinner.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

No way Booker approaches Harden's historic scoring. If this was simple then MJ or Kobe would have done it before Harden.

Booker is nowhere near that stratosphere yet, more than likely he never will.

The Harden disrespect is ridiculous.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Did he call into his own show?

Put it into the trade sticky thread

14. amaru

amaru Member

Hell no

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hell yeah I'd make that trade.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Booker reminds me more of a second coming of Kevin Martin than a second coming of James Harden.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Out of all of those teams, the only deal I think I'd take is Simmons + pick package.

I think that would be a realistic deal as well, Harden & Embiid would be insane combo with a real chance at contention. Simmons is a special player, only 23, is healthy, locked up for 5 more seasons.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Capela for Ayton (and filler) I might consider......but idk of Ayton can defend. I like his offensive game though.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I don't agree with this at all.
    If Morey called Ainge suggesting a trade of a HEALTHY Harden for Tatum Ainge would piss his pants from hapiness.

Have we all forgotten what Harden was doing just a month ago?
    Surround him with the roleplayers and roster that Boston has, with a great coach and also some picks and assets to fill the holes or even possibly trade for another superstar?
    That's probaly a ring right there.

I would take a ring today than some potential of Tatum in the future 100 times out of 100.

D-rock likes this.
  20. TheSource

TheSource Member

Can we trade Tilman too ?

TimDuncanDonaut and Htown Legend like this.